Presumably Coming

Brandon

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, Stah said:

Not sure if that's a confirmation or a really, really big presumption.

It's definitely not a confirmation of anything.

Flash is dying, and xat will need to convert to HTML5 completely.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Stah said:

Not sure if that's a confirmation or a really, really big presumption.

There has been a lot of speculation in regards to xat converting to HTML5. I think it will happen after mobile is polished; since that would be xat's big step afterwards.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

As hard as it may be to hear that Flash is dying, it is. If I didn't use xat, I'd think twice about even having Adobe Flash Player installed at all. I didn't mean to imply that it's just going to disappear one day, because that is far from the truth. It is dying a slow and painful death for a reason; too many services still use Flash, including xat.

July 14, 2015: Firefox blocks Flash, and Facebook calls for its death

September 1, 2015: Google Chrome will start blocking Adobe Flash ads today

May 13, 2016: Google Devs Planning Flash's Demise with New "HTML5 by Default" Chrome Setting

8 hours ago, Stah said:

It's easy to preach "convert to HTML5" but it does lack some major things (natively) that Flash can provide in seconds which makes it far more difficult to work with. One of these things being volume controls (and this is related to the suggestion).

What does this even mean? It lacks volume controls? I'd like to refrain from being rude, but I'm willing to bet neither of us have a clue about how powerful HTML5 is. It says a lot that Google feels HTML5 is mature enough to disable it on all websites, and instead force it to have to be manually activated on individual websites. They wouldn't do that unless they felt HTML5 was mature enough.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a debate about HTML5 on xat, but take my word when I say you shouldn't be expecting any interface design changes until mobile is done, and by that time, an HTML5 chat will already be on the table, presumably.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I'm webmaster i know very well that is not easy but to move xat flash from to html5,the server account powers need to remake and to fix most bugs,apple has blocked the first to ios system the flash player for security,so xat need to make changes in design and to make the interface from html5

• Advanced Members
13 hours ago, Techy said:

if it took xat so many years to fix a bug that took me seconds to fix  then we wont be getting a HTML5 client till about 2020

Unless they turned into a 21st century company and they use github to make it faster and better.

• Advanced Members

No one said it would be easy to do. But, I do agree that eventually they will need to make a switch over to HTML5, I really cannot see Xat in 10 years still on Flash. Also, updating to a more modern look may attract users back, so who knows. 

• Advanced Members
52 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Unless they turned into a 21st century company and they use github to make it faster and better.

ive been saying this but i think we can all say xat likes to keep there stuff secret, so i dont think they will opensource there client

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, Techy said:

ive been saying this but i think we can all say xat likes to keep there stuff secret, so i dont think they will opensource there client

How do you want to hide a client ? (xd)

• Advanced Members
18 hours ago, Brandon said:

It says a lot that Google feels HTML5 is mature enough to disable it on all websites, and instead force it to have to be manually activated on individual websites. They wouldn't do that unless they felt HTML5 was mature enough.

Flash was blocked on Chrome because of a memory leak which broke everything.

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Karl said:

Flash was blocked on Chrome because of a memory leak which broke everything.

I don't know what you're referring to, but the article I provided states that in Q4 2016, Flash will turn to an "ask to activate" feature. It's not because of some memory leak which could reasonably be fixed. It's because Google feels it's time to sunset Flash for better technology.

• Award 2

• Maverick changed the title to Presumably Coming
  • Contributors

I have moved everyone's post made in the thread below here, since that user doesn't like us bombarding his thread with HTML5 comments.

Thread: 

Continue the discussion. . . 

(Not even sure why I had to this. Could have just kept the discussion rolling there and changed the title to something cool).

==

While we're on topic of HTML5, I would really hope xat switches to HTML5. ^_^

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Maverick said:

I have moved everyone's post made in the thread below here, since that user doesn't like us bombarding his thread with HTML5 comments.

Thread: 

(Not even sure why I had to this. Could have just kept the discussion rolling there and changed the title to something cool).

==

Thank you.

• Advanced Members
19 hours ago, Maverick said:

Thread: 

==

#Intel

• Volunteers
3 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

That will never happen, they'll back everything up before they do the switch. If anyone lose their stuff then people will riot and quit xat. 

Auctioning off 1003 and then deleting it afterwards. nc1sug.png I'd be leading the riots tbh