Ability to change your own email

Leandro

• Bot Service Providers

Agree.

It's weird how isnt added yet.

But I know right the reason,

We cant change our account, or chat email without asking ticket, first part is this.

Second part is waiting in xAdmin's department for them simply change your email, well at least groups.

Then, 1000 xats for them to transfer the ticket, see where is the logic it didnt get added yet?

I agree with @Leandro, but not just on accounts, this should be added to groups too.

• Award 2

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Leandro said:

JUST THINK OF THIS SCENARIO:

> new xat user registers an account

> has fun on the website, starts to buy powers, shortnames, ids

> new user is used to being able to change all of his account's details, just like in any other website

> new user tries to change their email

> new user finds out you need to wait 1-2 weeks to change your email and sending a support ticket

> new user thinks this is unfair, because i'm used to change it in seconds in EVERY other website ever

> new user finds the process stressful and decides not to continue

> new user leaves xat

I know this is just an example but new users shouldn't have too many problems answering the security questions if they've only just done the things volunteers are asking about.

But I can appreciate creating a ticket and waiting for replies is a pain.

If there is an option to change emails, perhaps only gmail addresses would be allowed and the user would be held for 28 days after doing it (as it is currently).

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Crow said:

If there is an option to change emails, perhaps only gmail addresses would be allowed and the user would be held for 28 days after doing it (as it is currently).

I (and the rest of the community) would be in love with this. Anything not to make a ticket and wait several weeks for it to be done. Also, you would only be able to change your e-mail again after the held runs out.

• Advanced Members

Hello
I totally agree with you. Leandro - There must be this. . . .(applause)

Now I want to know, what happened to my suggestion to change the email by option? For the chat and account! Hmm ? ( was deleted? )
No problema, now we have better one, with exemple xD :$ 

Regards Bau

• Award 3

• Bot Service Providers

Totally agree. Been hanging on to an old email forever only for xat because I don’t wanna go through the hassle to have it updated for this ID. 

we need this. 

(I do think a 7 day hold is sufficient, vs 28 days)

• Award 2
  • Cool 1

• Bot Service Providers
27 minutes ago, Nathan said:

1 hour ago, Crow said:

user would be held for 28 days after doing it (as it is currently).

Why your guys worry a lot of blocking users? Only xat does that and IT IS BORING A LOT, you can change your on... Twitter, Facebook, Rockstar Social Club, PSN, Gmail, Outloook, XBOX, and none of them will block you for changing your email.

This is absolutely invalid argument "ohh more security", trust me, we have security enough, users should pay more attention what they do, not all the rest pay for what 1 or 2 users does wrong.

Actually there is a lot of security and nothing related to the account, just human issues, "transfer me or you will be block", selling powers and getting blocked, being asked to pay just for changing email.

This all is worse than allowing users to simply change THEIR EMAIL from THEIR ACCOUNT.

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
2 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Why your guys worry a lot of blocking users? Only xat does that and IT IS BORING A LOT, you can change your Twitter, Facebook, Rockstar Social Club, PSN, Gmail, Outloook, XBOX, and none of them will block you for changing your email.

Im fine with no hold whatsoever. Holds more less piss me off whenever I need to get anything taken care of. Only said about it because the trend seems to be "you can't use your account for anything but chatting if you change anything" 

Edited by Nathan
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, xLaming said:

This is absolutely invalid argument "ohh more security", trust me, we have security enough, users should pay more attention what they do, not all the rest pay for what 1 or 2 users does wrong.

Admins ''care'' a lot about security, but at the moment of allowing users to make quick reports (In chat reports) or making some kind of announcement to all xat users to prevent them from getting scammed, they are nowhere to be seen.

• Award 3

• Bot Service Providers
1 minute ago, Leandro said:

Admins ''care'' a lot about security, but at the moment of allowing users to make quick reports (In chat reports) or making some kind of announcement to all xat users to prevent them from getting scammed, they are nowhere to be seen.

one more time for the people in the back!

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Nathan said:

^ This. 28 days is a long time to not be able to utilize your account for a simple email change. 7 days is plenty for a user to catch on if their account is compromised, which is unlikely (but possible)

• Award 2

• Bot Service Providers
24 minutes ago, Toxic said:

^ This. 28 days is a long time to not be able to utilize your account for a simple email change. 7 days is plenty for a user to catch on if their account is compromised, which is unlikely (but possible)

Nicely explained 

• Award 1