Jump to content
Admin

New login pages

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Is it possible to add a protection OFF like it used to be?

Protection OFF should be equal to the „Country“ option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Protection OFF should be equal to the „Country“ option.

It's not equal. I was not held before this change.

I am between two countries (France/Switzerland) everyday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It's not equal. I was not held before this change.

I am between two countries (France/Switzerland) everyday.

 

i‘ve checked it again and it’s equal to that.

 

Were you moving between countries prior the change as well?

 

Ideally you would request a location update once you change the country to avoid being held.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Were you moving between countries prior the change as well?

Ideally you would request a location update once you change the country to avoid being held.

Yes I was moving between countries before the change.

Request a location update twice a day to avoid being held is maybe too much? A "Off" button is the solution.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Jedi said:

A "Off" button is the solution.

 

This solution is already "Country".

 

Country is protected = off & locked = off.

 

Nothing has changed between old login and new login system.

Not sure how you are getting held.

 

Are you held everytime you login or only once?

Was it happening on old login ? You probably didn't notice since we had no message.

--

 

Reminder about protect meaning:

  • Country: PROTECTED = OFF, LOCKED = OFF

  • Internet provider: PROTECTED = ON, LOCKED = OFF

  • IP address: PROTECTED = ON, LOCKED = ON

Edited by SLOom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SLOom said:

This solution is already "Country".

 

Country is protected = off & locked = off.

 

Nothing has changed between old login and new login system.

Not sure how you are getting held.

 

Are you held everytime you login or only once?

Was it happening on old login ? You probably didn't notice since we had no message.

--

 

Reminder about protect meaning:

  • Country: PROTECTED = OFF, LOCKED = OFF

  • Internet provider: PROTECTED = ON, LOCKED = OFF

  • IP address: PROTECTED = ON, LOCKED = ON

It currently is set to Country: PROTECTED = ON, LOCKED = OFF. If a user logs in from a different country, they will automatically be held 5 days. Using a VPN will prove this. The old login page used to do this as well but like you said, it was less obvious as users had to attempt to transfer to tell. In Jedi's scenario, he moves between 2 different countries everyday so this option wouldn't be very ideal for him. 

 

I believe he is suggesting an off option so users can login anywhere in the world without this hold. This doesn't seem the most secure but if you still have to check your email to login, it may not be the worst thing. If other security options such as authentication were available, it'd also be more ideal for Jedi's scenario. :$ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lemona said:

It currently is set to Country: PROTECTED = ON, LOCKED = OFF. If a user logs in from a different country, they will automatically be held 5 days. Using a VPN will prove this. The old login page used to do this as well but like you said, it was less obvious as users had to attempt to transfer to tell. In Jedi's scenario, he moves between 2 different countries everyday so this option wouldn't be very ideal for him. 

 

I believe he is suggesting an off option so users can login anywhere in the world without this hold. This doesn't seem the most secure but if you still have to check your email to login, it may not be the worst thing. If other security options such as authentication were available, it'd also be more ideal for Jedi's scenario. :$ 

 

Yes, you're right, if you had changed country prior the new web login, you would've been held as well.

 

The security settings on login are related to E64 - which requires you to login by a link sent to the e-mail. So even if there was an OFF option, it wouldn't prevent you from being held if you change country.

 

As Lemona said, you were likely held on the old web too, but you just didn't notice as the held info message wasn't showing.

 

5 hours ago, lemona said:

I believe he is suggesting an off option so users can login anywhere in the world without this hold. This doesn't seem the most secure but if you still have to check your email to login, it may not be the worst thing. If other security options such as authentication were available, it'd also be more ideal for Jedi's scenario

 

It's questionsable whether this should be added or not, as this means less security when used unknowlingy and there are hardly people who are changing countries frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your clarification @SLOom @LaFleur

 

I was probably held with the old page too, I don't trade/transfer everyday, that's why I didn't notice.

 

xat is the only website I know with those kind of protections. Even my bank doesn't block me for connecting from another country. Is it possible to add another option "No protection" or "Google Auth protection ONLY"?

 

Without this option added, I will be most likely held forever :(.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jedi said:

Even my bank doesn't block me for connecting from another country.

Very important and under represented point.

 

I've never understood why xat feels the need to have so many hoops to jump through to manage your own account (email changes, home location update, list goes on) and have more security measures than I can count on one hand like our xat accounts are the most important possessions in the world when more professional, important websites (like banks) realise that it's not necessary and something like 2FA is enough. 

 

Account protection that cannot be turned off and makes you held and you can't do anything about it is not a useful security feature.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, xLaming said:

What about tickle?

The method of obtaining tickle should be coming to xat very soon™. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 8:37 PM, Leandro said:

On the current login page, you can do this: Login on the account and then go back to the login option easily.

 

alGfkwb.png

 

On this new one, we can't do it without refreshing the page. Can this be changed or added? 

 

roNyrKt.png

 

 

Thanks for your valuable answer to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.