New power (supertickle)

ider

• Advanced Members

The power (supertickle)  Will be a power that when we are away  or AFk and ppl click on our register they get Auto Tickle like the Bot telling them for example  sorry for this momment i'm afk  etc. we could torn it off when we are back. Could be just doing /st off or normally /-Supertickle or going into powers... Example  <<<

QxryJ5A.gif

xqv3BUn.gif

Thanks Zuke For Helping me

• Award 2

• Volunteers
44 minutes ago, choco said:

Not sure about it. We already have the (away) power which we can use if we go afk.

The (away) power is fine, but it doesn't communicate why you're away, when you're going to get back, etc. (and don't tell me you could write that information in your name/status, because by that logic, you could just write 'away' in your name/status instead). A timestamp would be useful too, as other people have suggested over the years (i.e. the amount of time passed since the message was set).

I think a little message could be useful for some people. And I'm not a fan of doing things the hard way @Stah's reply. :$

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

i guess not @Stah Because the tickle we have just let you know that someone clicked on your nick. i agree with @Crow it away show that u are not there but if you don't have the power  even if you have it doesn't show a personalized msg saying u are away or Afk ETC.

• Advanced Members

I don't think it should be called super tickle because tickle isn't in the store for the sole purpose of seeing who clicked you.

Its a bonus feature that comes with activating authentication, good marketing strategy to encourage users to double secure their account.

@Stah also brought up some good points about bot functions.

Ideally, xat should enhance the away power to add send an auto-message to users who PC you while you're away. (however I doubt this is going to happen because xat never builds on powers they create new ones)

As regards to the name, I would personally suggest this power as away2.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Junior said:

Why not superaway?

cycle, supercycle?

Superaway sounds kind of weird imo, supercycle sounds good mostly because it's a smiley power. (Different color options makes it super) Same idea (color cycling), more options.

Unlike away2, an auto-message and a small clock icon on the pawn are two different functions.

• Advanced Members

Sounds like a neat idea. I would prefer this being implemented into the away power or even as a new power (superaway suggestion from junior sounds ok, but weird yea :D).

So instead to do this with tickle, it would by clicking on the away icon.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Ehh people can use (away) and (status) to communicate that they're away AND give a reason why they are. I don't really care for this but I suppose an auto message could be cool. 

• Advanced Members
18 hours ago, Crow said:

The (away) power is fine, but it doesn't communicate why you're away, when you're going to get back, etc. (and don't tell me you could write that information in your name/status, because by that logic, you could just write 'away' in your name/status instead). 

Why do people have to know the reason you are afk/brb and for how long?? (d)  It's enough to see you're away. 

• Award 1

• Volunteers
5 minutes ago, choco said:

Why do people have to know the reason you are afk/brb and for how long?? (d)  It's enough to see you're away. 

It's all about curiosity and planning what you may do: whether to wait for the user to come back or whether to leave and try to get him another time.

I don't think this ability/power is needed, as you can state temporarly on your status and/or name why you're afk. I've already seen many times "brb eating" added at the start of a name. One may say it is not user-friendly: that's true. Yet, there are plenty of ways to deal with that.

If you know why you're leaving, you can disconnect, set a status, change your name, add the away tag, even tell your friends that you're leaving and why.

If you don't know why you're leaving (someone calling you for something urgent IRL), people can just wait and you won't have any time to set a message about that.

Moreover, years ago, sending messages to an offline user was useless. Now, you actually are receiving the messages, so you won't miss anything if you temporarly disconnect and users would see you are not online.

Last but not least, do not forget every user does not know how each power are working. I'm pretty sure many users would be confused of receiving a message from someone supposed to be afk...

Anyway, discutting it is good, I won't be surprised or shocked if it was added, I just feel that wont be used a lot as there already are plenty other ways to deal with that.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

You will get sorprised if get added so much pp will use it and love it i'm so sure.

You will get sorprised if get added so much pp will use it and love it i'm so sure.