New power for old smilies

CLassified3

Should xat make a power where you can use the old smilies as well as the new ones?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should xat make a power where you can use the old smilies as well as the new ones?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Advanced Members

Hello all,

As all of you know, many people like the old smilies as well as the new smilies. My suggestion is that we add a power so that all users can use old smilies as well as new ones. Charlie, I'm not saying that your smilies are bad, but it's nice to have both the old and the new. 

Example old wink would be like http://xat.com/images/sm/blue.swf 

http://xat.com/images/sm/smile.swf?r=1 would be old smile 

and http://xat.com/images/sm/wary.swf?r=3 would be link for wary and so on. 

Hehe would be http://xat.com/images/sm/hehe.swf 

I am sure this has been suggested before but it would still be nice to have  old smilies back to have us remember of old xat and of the smilies more people liked than others. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

No. The old smilies may make you feel a little nostalgic but most of them were pretty plain and "gross". The new ones are definitely an improvement on that and I'd rather not take a step backwards.

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Five said:

i say it should be more of a function than a power where you can tick on a box or something to show old smilies again.

W897aFN.png

sgsg.png

Yeah, this is a nice idea. (Would like your post but I'm out of likes :( )

• Volunteers

Xat is not going to go back with the old smilies.

If they changed the smilies, is there a reason, or only they were becoming too old.

So I do not think we will review the old smilies but good idea.

• Advanced Members

To be fair, the new ones barely feel new if you look at emoticons from other websites, they still give the outdated feel in comparison, so I don't see the problem if they gave the option for old smilies, because frankly nothing was wrong with them besides "they were too old"; old doesn't mean bad/broken. :p

• Volunteers
9 minutes ago, Mencee said:

To be fair, the new ones barely feel new if you look at emoticons from other websites, they still give the outdated feel in comparison, so I don't see the problem if they gave the option for old smilies, because frankly nothing was wrong with them besides "they were too old"; old doesn't mean bad/broken. :p

They are here since Xat started to make Chats, so 2006 and were changed in ... 2014 if i'm not wrong. (8 years already)

It's not bad to give a change on smilies sometimes... after if xat puts back old smilies, people will complain about it, so i don't think they will put it back.

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Stah said:

No. The old smilies may make you feel a little nostalgic but most of them were pretty plain and "gross". The new ones are definitely an improvement on that and I'd rather not take a step backwards.

It may not be a good idea, I also agree

The old smilies are very ''gross''.

• Volunteers
2 minutes ago, Five said:

@ people who don't like the old smilies, that is why i made a suggestion to make it a function so that those who don't like the new smilies can just click an option to revert to the old smilies.

And if admins do not like your idea and the idea to put old smilies back?

• Advanced Members
On 06/03/2016 at 7:13 AM, Stah said:

Yeah, I wouldn't like to see them again.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

My point still stands, there are people who preferred the old smilies than the new ones and vise versa. @Five 's function for it would be pretty nice in my opinion, so people who like the new emotes can have them, while having access to the old emotes for people who want them. I guess this suggestion is all opinionated which were better, but I still don't see how bringing old emotes back would be a step back for them; it's not like it would remove the newer ones. 

• Advanced Members

I like the new smilies a lot more than the old - they look more modern and have more emotion, if that makes sense. 

But I did prefer the old (inlove) smiley. :( If there was a feature to turn just this one back, I would.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Members
On March 6, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Five said:

i say it should be more of a function than a power where you can tick on a box or something to show old smilies again.

W897aFN.png

sgsg.png

Nice thinking, even tho this has been suggested before, it's still important to comeback and create more ideas to add on.

• Crow locked this topic