People getting logged off after entering!

AlanRushton

Question

• Members

Another techie question. On  my xat chat room, many are getting in and staying in, but for a few, they get in start to type hit enter and automatically get logged out!

I have tried 3 different laptops, upgraded to a newer computer system and I can get in without any problem. One person can get in with their laptop, but not their home computer.

I am thinking maybe a browser extension may be the cause?? Not sure, but they got in a while ago without a problem, but must have been a few months ago and we are trying to relaunch our radio chat room. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

There's nothing that xat can do on their part to resolve this issue, this is an issue of Firefox itself.

You have these options now:

• Revert to previous firefox version 64 (as you mentioned)
  • Wait for version 66, or any other minor updates and see if it got fixed
  • Use another browser such Google Chrome or Opera
  • Use the xat HTML5 chat

• Advanced Members

Hey Alan,

This may be a really difficult problem to track down, considering we’re not talking specifically with the user(s) having the problem. Here are a few basic tips I can give, though:

Ensure you’re on a stable connection. If your connection is dropping constantly, so will your connection to xat. 

Ensure you’re connecting to the chat directly through xat.com and not a third party website where the chat is embedded. 

Make sure you’re not opening multiple tabs of the same chat on the same device. Only one specific chat connection per device!

If you’re worried it’s a browser extension, have them clean all their extensions and try again. This is an easy google lookup.

Firewall issues? Check them out— I had a problem about a year ago connecting to some websites due to a conflict between my firewall and my malware detection program. 

Best of luck.

• Members
40 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Hey Alan,

This may be a really difficult problem to track down, considering we’re not talking specifically with the user(s) having the problem. Here are a few basic tips I can give, though:

Ensure you’re on a stable connection. If your connection is dropping constantly, so will your connection to xat. 

Ensure you’re connecting to the chat directly through xat.com and not a third party website where the chat is embedded. 

Make sure you’re not opening multiple tabs of the same chat on the same device. Only one specific chat connection per device!

If you’re worried it’s a browser extension, have them clean all their extensions and try again. This is an easy google lookup.

Firewall issues? Check them out— I had a problem about a year ago connecting to some websites due to a conflict between my firewall and my malware detection program. 

Best of luck.

Spoke to a specific user and only happens with Firefox. Is there any issues with Firefox and xat. I personally use Chrome, have used edge and explorer in the past to test, but not tested Firefox

• Members

It seems that the most recent issue are some changes in Firefox 65. Before it was all about enabling 3rd party cookies. But not this time with Firefox 65. I have installed v64 and disabled auto-updates and it works fine.

Edited by ih32