Shortname Page Update

Maverick

• Volunteers
12 minutes ago, Actavus said:

Friends list with ability to chat with a user like you do on facebook messenger on the website/app.
xat is now HTML5 so I would assume a chat feature is feasible.

Currently the xat mobile app feel "bulky".
Maybe they can add a feature that makes it as simplistic as facebook messenger.

What?! Doesn't xat has a chat with a friends list with the ability to chat with your friends?

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
2 hours ago, Junior said:

What?! Doesn't xat has a chat with a friends list with the ability to chat with your friends?

They do but its bulky and ugly.
If i want to talk to friends outside of xat I must use the clunky mobile app.
Maybe I just want a simple chat feature stripped of all the bloat such as pawns and flashy avatar.
Have the little "xat messenger" just allow you to talk and use regular xat smileys and thats all.

That way people on xat have option to use regular xat (with all the bling and features).
And secondary simple xat chat for regular Private Messages similar to how facebook messenger is..

(Obviously this is just a suggestion. I doubt this is on admin priority list. I only suggest it because it may help make xat more "modern" with todays generations)

Edited by Actavus
  • Award 2
  • Wow 1

• Bot Service Providers

@Actavus, I’m afraid I must disagree with the “friends list” idea on pages, or at least in the manner described :$. I don’t think we need another chat to chat with users. I think maybe you’re thinking of a way of chatting with your friends without being seen by others? 

I saw this on suggestion threads not too long ago, perhaps that would be a better way of going about that idea. 

The favorite group idea and search idea would be something I think would interest people, even more so would make an interesting power idea. It could be an additional tab beside the tickle icon with a “+” for “add group” and this group would be added as a tab beside pc, with priority over any PCs opened until the tab is closed, allowing the simplicity of multiple groups with one window. Notifications would be as usual PC bubbles would act. 

As for the search, including groups in the search with “+” beside them separated from users would be nifty. 

Sometimes you don’t always know someone’s ID, but you have their regname. You could rely on 3rd party bots for that aspect to do /f, or you could do it from xat directly and search The username from the tab and  selecting Add friend. 

search results could be broken down into “users” “friends” and “groups”.  

Cant wait to read what you think.

• Volunteers
13 minutes ago, CarlosDesigns said:

In all honesty, some of the user base can redesign xat better than its own staff can. With that I'm not saying the design is bad; it's just not right.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:41 PM, Junior said:

For those who dislike the new design, we're open for better design suggestions, as it's still being worked on and what has been showcased here is subjected to changes.

We'd like to see what you can come up with. (applause)

• Meh 1

• Bot Service Providers

@Junior design suggestion: 

On 2/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, Nathan said:

The favorite group idea and search idea would be something I think would interest people. It could be an additional tab beside the tickle icon with a “+” for “add group” and this group would be added as a tab beside pc, with priority over any PCs opened until the tab is closed, allowing the simplicity of multiple groups with one window. Notifications would be as usual PC bubbles would act. 

As for the search, including groups in the search with “+” beside them separated from users would be nifty. 

Sometimes you don’t always know someone’s ID, but you have their regname. You could rely on 3rd party bots for that aspect to do /f, or you could do it from xat directly and search The username from the tab and  selecting Add friend. 

search results could be broken down into “users” “friends” and “groups”.  

either way, I’d say we get what we get. In my personal opinion the design isn’t that bad. The homepage and pages are viewable nicely on all browsers. On devices with smaller displays (mobiles) everything is very neat and organized. 

Edited by Nathan
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 2/10/2019 at 3:12 AM, Actavus said:

They do but its bulky and ugly.
If i want to talk to friends outside of xat I must use the clunky mobile app.
Maybe I just want a simple chat feature stripped of all the bloat such as pawns and flashy avatar.
Have the little "xat messenger" just allow you to talk and use regular xat smileys and thats all.

That way people on xat have option to use regular xat (with all the bling and features).
And secondary simple xat chat for regular Private Messages similar to how facebook messenger is..

(Obviously this is just a suggestion. I doubt this is on admin priority list. I only suggest it because it may help make xat more "modern" with todays generations)

I agree it would be nice to have another app in the future called "xat messenger" to work how facebook messenger works. it would basically be "xat lite" 

• Advanced Members

In particular I think that xat should focus more on everything flashy things is to say things that customers or users feel more motivated when visiting the web is to be filled with emotion to see a new interface in the web system of the store, of course I do not say that the version html5 is wrong but I think if you put a touch more improvement would be better, although it is only a trial version is on track and it is normal that some users do not call them Attention the html5 version of xat.

Guys things are going gradually and that is why xat is weighing in the future of the web and will realize that many webs will move to many more advanced versions, of course their opinions are taken into account and that is what the administrative staff wants. of xat, they are looking at each of our comments to see what improvements they make in the short name system and what covers the entire system of the store web.

Have a nice day!

• Bot Service Providers
17 hours ago, Paul said:

I agree it would be nice to have another app in the future called "xat messenger" to work how facebook messenger works. it would basically be "xat lite" 

Kind of like something in the top right of the homepage header bar displaying “xat mail” (x) New Messages?

That’d be interesting. That could appear on all pages on the top right and clicking it would bring you to your user specific mail dashboard. Link your xat forum account to it you’d only need one messaging system for everything , no? :o

The mail dashboard would be a slight modification of the current forum messaging GUI where only recent messages and your friends list Is displayed for messaging/mailing people you know, a search bar for sending to new people , and honestly , with the way the site is turning out with bootstrap 4, we’d have ourself your idea without an app needed with the dashboard accessible at mail.xat.com ..

As I write this though, I couldn’t imagine admins allocating the amount of space required to make another messaging service in general and storing all of this, but then again idk. it is definitely something that In the future I hope will be considered 

• LaFleur featured and unpinned this topic
  • LaFleur unfeatured this topic
  • 5 months later...
  • Advanced Members
On 2/9/2019 at 1:52 AM, Maverick said:

The gradient will be staying since that's xat's style from the start. I don't see why the gradient should be removed for - if that's their style and it makes no sense to remove it because it would make the page look worse. Take a look at Sloom's screenshot. 

I actually agree, the gradient is outdated. Why does xat hoard features, icons, and everything when obviously it's not working. At the very least, give them options. Maybe a small legend with a way to adjust the color of it. Keeping the same colorway and style of something for the simple fact of "it's their style" is just kinda pointless? maybe a glossy bar? Maybe a matte bar? (I'm talking about the ugly dark blue gradient behind xat on the homepage) It would make the page look worse? Do you have evidence of this? It's not 2010 anymore and there's always ways for things to be improved to feel like xat has evolved with us. The small english userbase we have now is speaking up about what should be changed and they're being told no bc you assume it would look worse. Why is there no more discussion on the cosmetics of xat? That should be the top priority aside from html5 if we're being honest.

0ahZ7KA.png

Green theme, green everything. color bar on top can come out of an artbrush icn or something? Maybe a slider like snapchat uses? Or just be there bc who cares as long as it's customizable.

The blue needs to be brighter and less dark and intense, and possibly could add an option for darker themes or glossy themes. 

2aOnRbE.png

Red in case you were skeptical.

SwjKTVD.png

But can we talk about Night Mode?

Edited by Toxic
  • Award 3