Shortname Page Update

Maverick

• Cupim pinned this topic
  • Advanced Members

''If your short name is unused for 90 days it may be sold again'' I think that should be changed for one year (the actual amount) and maybe add as well something regarding to creating a ticket for it to be released.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Hey,

Sorry to be like that, but why are they moving those pages to this new "ugly" (my opinion) template?

Why don't they simply integrate html5 chat to the current bootstrap template?

Or create a new template from Bootstrap 4 if they want something new?

• Award 4

• Contributors

I don't really like the template either.

I'd rather have a "xat store" page where you can find information about what xat has available for purchase (and easy access to them) and keep every single page separated.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
7 hours ago, Sergio said:

I'd rather have a "xat store" page where you can find information about what xat has available for purchase (and easy access to them) and keep every single page separated.

Isn't what you're describing the same thing we currently have? Why should everything be separated?

All links will be kept as it currently is, I mean, if you access xat.com/powers you will be sent to that new page with powers tab selected.

For those who dislike the new design, we're open for better design suggestions, as it's still being worked on and what has been showcased here is subjected to changes.

We'd like to see what you can come up with. (applause)

• Award 1

• Members
22 hours ago, SLOom said:

It's already using bootstrap 4... ?

then try it without blue gradient will be better because i don't have seen it live so i am not sure if you are using bootstrap 4 or not anyways i will show you what i am talking about if i will get some time to make a layout.

• Volunteers
57 minutes ago, Devil said:

then try it without blue gradient will be better because i don't have seen it live so i am not sure if you are using bootstrap 4 or not anyways i will show you what i am talking about if i will get some time to make a layout.

Are you saying that it's better without gradient ? 

VuVbgAv.png

• Contributors
3 hours ago, Junior said:

Isn't what you're describing the same thing we currently have? Why should everything be separated?

It might be the template what makes me dislike the current page you have. I didn't know you would keep every link for each tab, so I guess it will be as I imagined above. 

• Advanced Members
42 minutes ago, SLOom said:

VuVbgAv.png

I actually kinda like that better. Maybe make store pages blue and other xat pages the black gradient?

• Contributors

Interesting feedback's from everyone. Even though most were "its ugly", I still read it and it was interesting to some degree. 

The gradient will be staying since that's xat's style from the start. I don't see why the gradient should be removed for - if that's their style and it makes no sense to remove it because it would make the page look worse. Take a look at Sloom's screenshot. 

What template is being used here? I am confused on that. I've tried looking into this "template" we used and I don't see the word template, or a specific way it should be placed. It's all based on what's used the most around xat. Purchasing xats, powers, shortname and so on. Am I missing something here?

Bootstrap is being used here for those saying "USE IT!!". Just wanted to make that clear here. 

Having two toolbars isn't much of an issue here. It's a store and those tabs seems to be necessary to have in a store. Sure the store tab in the first toolbar could do the trick, but if someone wants a quick draw when they are in the store, then its right there for them. Think of it as hotkeys.

What black and white spaces are on the sides? Please screenshot and show. The text, the icons and everything else could be wider to fill the screen up to make it more "appealing" and feel more "modern", but that won't be happening as for the time being. (Not sure if you're talking about that as well).

I have also dumb it down for your "xat store" demo with a screenshot of mine. Feel free to give an input on it. Link can be found here.

Before jumping on a bandwagon, please think about your post and figure out ways to make it better than give redundant comments like "its ugly", "it horrible", etc etc, because it doesn't help.

• Award 1
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 1
  • Meh 1
  • Confused 2

• Members
23 hours ago, SLOom said:

VuVbgAv.png

why always only blue color? its not necessary to use blue always and i think xat need to make 2 3 different color themes that he can change for their users with seasons like red or pink color theme on valentine day and black skyblue purple etc. so users will see new color and they will not get bored to seeing same theme always

here is some color examples anyways i can make a better layout example but i am a bit busy these days otherwise i would suggest something better anyways hope you guys will make some change...

http://prntscr.com/miwu7z

http://prntscr.com/miwupd

http://prntscr.com/miwv6c

http://prntscr.com/miwwv6

• Huh? 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, Devil said:

why always only blue color? its not necessary to use blue always and i think xat need to make 2 3 different color themes that he can change for their users with seasons like red or pink color theme on valentine day and black skyblue purple etc. so users will see new color and they will not get bored to seeing same theme always

Have you seen Facebook red? Have you seen Twitter orange? Have you seen Whatsapp blue?

Companies have colors that defines them. It's their brand. xat's brand is blue.

• Award 4

• Members
1 minute ago, Leandro said:

Have you seen Facebook red? Have you seen Twitter orange? Have you seen Whatsapp blue?

its not about identity its about to make some changes to make users feel something new......??? do you see powers on facebook ? do you see namecolor nameglow on whatsapp? do you see shortname page on twitter?  ;) 

3 minutes ago, Leandro said:

i said make some themes that means xat will not fix them but he will make change same as xat change their logo on special events

• Award 1

• Members
1 minute ago, Leandro said:

xat does changes the logos on special events, Christmas, new year, valentines day, and others.

well i am not sure if you understand what i am talking about but i think we have to wait for other's opinion too

• Meh 1

• Volunteers

The question is: Why would xat change their main color ? They have always used blue color since the first website.

I'm pretty sure that if you don't like the blue color, you can do your own css code for the website even tho, it's not user friendly but just to say that xat is probably not going to change the blue color.

Now the main subject of this thread was about buyshortname page. Better we get idea to improve it and not only about the template.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, Actavus said:

@SLOom
Here is my feedback on how to make xat not look like a bland boring website.
Please take this into consideration.
http://prntscr.com/mizd1o

Well, I don't think that having 2 friend lists or showing when a friend adds someone would be useful to be honest.

The friend search bar sounds interesting, though.

• Bot Service Providers
14 minutes ago, Junior said:

Well, I don't think that having 2 friend lists or showing when a friend adds someone would be useful to be honest.

The friend search bar sounds interesting, though.

More importantly is the "Favorite Chats" tab.
Lets you easily go to your favorite chats.

BUT the below is a good suggestion:

Friends list with ability to chat with a user like you do on facebook messenger on the website/app.
xat is now HTML5 so I would assume a chat feature is feasible.

Currently the xat mobile app feel "bulky".
Maybe they can add a feature that makes it as simplistic as facebook messenger.

Edited by Actavus
  • Award 1