xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

It's time to wake up,stop with new power every week

Amnaa

I totally agree, New power release every each week with big quantity and the price really meager. 

In my opinion and as Amna mentioned, New powers should take at least 2 - 3 weeks before release again, And with serious price and small quantity. 

The offer is always more than demand. and thats why the new is go down so fast.
Sometimes users dont't even want to buy from store because the power Limited but it's already down to for example '200 xats even tho store price is 222 xats! so why?

Also we have similar power names and smiles as Angelo mentioned too, with all respect to the smiley maker.

This need a reconsidering. @Admin !!!

• Contributors

Like the opinions above, I totally agree with everything they've said.

First of all, It's actually crazy how the power quality fell down due to the quanity of powers being released. The vast majority of the community agrees that xat shouldn't be releasing powers every week, and people have been debating this for years. Unfortunately, nothing changed.

Ideally, there should be a "power department" working and studying what the community likes, and how xat will profit from it without destroying the power market while innovating.

These sentences resume the current situation pretty well.

43 minutes ago, Angelo said:

All this goes to say that it’s extremely unfortunate that a majority of this feedback will not be listened to. [...] Weekly smiley powers will not stop until xat closes— I’m almost certain of this.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

I think Angelo highlighted most of the important points that should be mentioned. Releasing similar powers that already exist is quite annoying and I am confident that there are still many great ideas that can be created.

That being said, most of xats high priced powers (and most liked) are ones that also take the most time/effort (pawns, gamebans, namewave etc). Unfortunately, xat is currently transitioning to HTML5 and they aren't entirely focused on making very advanced/complex powers which may have more profit potential. Rather, they are heavily relying on weekly smiley powers to keep up a source of income. Even if xat were to release one power a month, we really shouldn't expect it to be that extravagant with the current state of the site.

Until HTML5 has a solid ground and all the basics are there, I don't think much is going to change and I hope a better plan can come into play once that happens. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

the trade is in decline because it is no use launching so many units for small members example, launches 5 thousand units for a thousand active assets or less on commercial xats that devalues power easily and never innovates, a tool that I think good that launched was the auction of more powers very few used could launch a power limited only by the auction and some units at most 2,000 that value a power because who pays so high in the auction will not want to sell cheaper knowing that it will not go beyond 2 thousand and mentioned above many repetitive power as a continuation of such power that has already been created

• Advanced Members

As many users above expressed their opinions, I'd like to share mine.

First of all, we all can see that Trade is dying, today a new power got released which price in store was 239 xats. Ten minutes after the release people were selling it for 250 xats.

To me, the prices are not that important, and they should be different (what I mean by this is that a good variety of prices would be fine, not always 2k xats as suggested above). The purpose of trading is to know how to maximise the benefit from the sales, which is not happening currently, users just conform by selling some units earning like 20 xats per each.

As many users suggested, we need more powers which are creative, useful and demanded. Taking some time to release a good power which can create excitement and demands would both stimulate the trading process and people's mentality about the powers themselves.

In brief, I absolutely agree with the user's opinions and really hope they will be at least considered.

Thanks @Amnaa for creating the topic and the rest of members for taking their time to elaborate an opinion.

thank u, next.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Of what it is worth releasing many units of power, being that the users demand is lower than in the past, they should stop releasing repetitive powers with other names, because honestly the old powers are much better. make decent powers like it was 2010 until 2013. those yes were worth buying. Creative powers in small quantity released as they used to be was the best time. If xat.com does not change this policy, that every weekend has to cast a different power, in large units, it will always be the same story.

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

• Wiki Translators

i think i've nothing else to add here i agree with you @Amnaa concerning your idea and @Anas a " new powers should take at least 2 - 3 weeks before release again ", And with serious price and small quantity.    i agree with @Christina and @J0hn of course we come to xat to enjoy time to have fun to see our freinds ... i agree with @Angelo and all freinds here you logically discussed this topic 

Edited by maxo

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, Amnaa said:

I hate to write  in a forum,  I always get a negative answer from people who are never in trade.It's sad to see how people every week struggle to earn 10x max 20x on a new power.STORE PRICE 239x trade https://prnt.sc/mfrvyk https://prnt.sc/mfruzf  https://prnt.sc/mfrvdv .Question for administration?Why is problem is to make one month of power which will cost 1500-2k.When will you realize that the trade chat is heart of xat.com?

Exactly.

As i always said , release one power a month with price is better than releasing a new power every single week.

Releasing a new power every week brings lack of interest of users in new powers . 

Till the time someone tries to raise a new power or try make some profit with it , another new comes in and everyone forgets about the last one .

There is a real now to stop doing it every week . Its high time i believe .

Definately Trade covers a huge pecent of total no. of user of xat.

Also i would like to suggest , Rather than Releasing powers agin and again in Store , you can do some Power auctions Just like done with DROP or KBEE.

These things Bring ineterest of Users and a attraction towards a NEW POWER.

Screenshot_7.png.bf91e9163632edee9f03e2b

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, lcky said:

As i always said , release one power a month with price is better than releasing a new power every single week.

Releasing a new power every week brings lack of interest of users in new powers

To me, the release should be set when a good power is made, which means that it could take a week or up to a month. Setting a deathline would not make a difference, since the purpose of the power would be to get released rather than being a purposeful and useful power. 

Powers' release dates have to be unexpected, to give them more excitement and demand. 

Edited by Witness

• Volunteers
17 hours ago, Angelo said:

And I’m here to say that we have enough brilliant people on xat to sit down and think up a game plan for how xat can make money other than releasing weekly smiley powers. 

I hear lootboxes and microtransactions are hot at the moment. 8-)

As others have said, I'm guessing admins are safe and comfortable with the current system. They don't change things or release one power per month because it's too risky. They have the financial figures in front of them and we don't.

• Award 2