Rank Based Chat Scroller

xCody
Message added by Crow

This has been added with the (rankscroll) power.

More info: https://xat.wiki/rankscroll

The Totally Awesome Rank Based Chat Scroller!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see xat add this feature?

• Yes
    • No and I will most likely post something negative.

• Volunteers

Guess it's assigned since I can write scroll for differents ranks.. (hmm) 

but the issue about scroll is still here (if u demote from mod to member it will still show scroll for mod + member instead of member only)

Edited by SlOom

• Advanced Members
On 3/12/2018 at 10:29 AM, Admin said:

/sAll get this and reset everything (blank message turn scroller off)

/so,owner message

/sm,Mod message

/sb,Memeber message

/sg,Guest message

/som, owners and mod message

Suggest if not message set shows next lowest rank message

/smo could be just for mains too

• Advanced Members

@Admin

Issue 1: 

if you add messages with colors, it won't show all rank based scrolls, but only the one for your rank.

E.g. I'm Owner and i post..

/sm,Hello MODS!#ff0000   then..  /sb,Hello MEMBERS!#ffff00

it will only show: m: Hello MODS!

If you do this without colors, it shows: m: Hello MODS! b: Hello MEMBERS!   (correct behaviour)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Issue 2: 

If you use scroll for ALL, and then use a rank based scroll, it will erase scroll for ALL.

E.g. I'm Owner and i post..

/sHello ALL!   then..  /sb,Hello MEMBERS!

it will remove /sHELLO ALL!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Issue 3: 

As a result of Issue 2, you won't see what's set on /sALL (obviously because it doesn't exist anymore)

E.g. I'm Owner and i post..

/sHello ALL!   then..  /sb,Hello MEMBERS!

it will not show something like: s: HELLO ALL! b: Hello MEMBERS!

Issue 4 (Issues from sloom)

If u demote from mod to member, it will still show scroll for mod + member instead of member only.

Same when you promote someone. It just doesn't update, you need to reload the chat to get the scroll.

Edited by LaFleur

• Volunteers

It appears that you can't use comma anymore in a scroll.

If you use a comma in the scroll, it will just send again the previous scroll (or none) and not the new one.

Example:

The current scroll is "New power is PATRICKFX (ID: 487). Status: Limited - Store price: 250 xats."

But if I want to send something like "Hello, test"; it will just show again the scroll saying "New power is PATRICKFX (ID: 487). Status: Limited - Store price: 250 xats.".

Client output

Client (xat_test): <m t="/sHello, Test again???" u="110110_1" /> -> I'm sending that through chat
Server (xat_test): <m t="/sNew power is PATRICKFX (ID: 487). Status: Limited - Store price: 250 xats." d="110110" E="1521148785" r="5"  />

Gif of the issue

t4UWXB7.gif

• Volunteers
10 hours ago, Admin said:

anyone try the API ?

Best moment to fix it and improve it like adding the member/mod/guest/owner thing.

I think we should get rid of the "pw" thing and start using like a secret key that you can share with somebody else (trusted users, or people from main/owner rank).

Being able to reset it whenever you want, so you can fastly stop the bad users to use the api for this chat. That's an idea instead of giving the pw and the right for main owner.

In my opinion, the secret key should be added on editgroup.php. Of course, you shouldn't be limited about resetting the secret key; or at least each 24 hours.

https://xat.com/web_gear/chat/SetScroller.php?secretkey=[SECRET KEY]&message=[MESSAGE]&rank=[OPTIONAL (rankscroll)]

Rank argument : Used to set a scroll for a specific rank like for rankscroll but of course; the chat needs to have RANKSCROLL assigned else it will just set a default scroll.

About the chat ID : Yes before, we used to add the "id" argument to the query but in this way, you don't need to provide the chat ID, since it will automatically detect which group has this secret key. 

Why that and not the actual way ? It can be useful for people who can provide a feature to change the scroll automatically through a script code when a new power is announced or whatever with the API. (Because not every main owner are able to code or do something like that)

More professional: If I remember good, the API used to display plain text. If we want to make it more professional, the response sent by the API should be displayed in JSON data.

If something is wrong: 

{
	"error": true,
	"message": "You are missing the ''message'' argument. Please read the xat wiki for more information."
}

If ok:

{
	"error": false,
	"message": "Scroll sent to the chat ID 5."
}

After, it's just an idea to make it more professional and easy of use with saying what is not correct etc..

I don't know what are your thoughts about but for developers, it would be good so at least you don't need to be main owner to post a scroll, create feature and send on the API etc.

P.S: We should have more APIs instead of getting contents on HTML pages.

Edited by SlOom

• Administrators

@Admin

Issue 1: 

if you add messages with colors, it won't show all rank based scrolls, but only the one for your rank.

Will need a chat swf change

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Issue 2: 

If you use scroll for ALL, and then use a rank based scroll, it will erase scroll for ALL.

It was designed like this the idea is to use /sg,   /s resets all messages 

Issue 3: 

As a result of Issue 2, you won't see what's set on /sALL (obviously because it doesn't exist anymore)

ditto

Issue 4 (Issues from sloom): 

If u demote from mod to member, it will still show scroll for mod + member instead of member only.

Same when you promote someone. It just doesn't update, you need to reload the chat to get the scroll.

will look at that

API, I guess bots take care of this so its not a priority

• Wow 1

• Volunteers
31 minutes ago, Admin said:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Issue 4 (Issues from sloom): 

Issue fixed.

• Advanced Members
On 3/12/2018 at 10:29 AM, Admin said:

/sAll get this and reset everything (blank message turn scroller off)

/so,owner message

/sm,Mod message

/sb,Memeber message

/sg,Guest message

/som, owners and mod message

Suggest if not message set shows next lowest rank message

/smo could be just for mains too

The power name appear on group power list 

https://prnt.sc/ithzet   <<

• No 1

• Crow locked this topic