Reputation Power

Fever

• Advanced Members

A step we should take in stopping scammers is trading powers in bulk.

e.g: allpowers, everypower, allMYpowers

checking every power one by one is a nuisance if they have a lot of powers and the seller know this, so they take advantage by scamming people  by only adding a portion of the powers and running away. Unfortunately, users are still getting away with this. 

I know this has been suggested for years so this post would probably be futile but I just thought I would remind people how effective this would be for the trading community. 

• Advanced Members

I'd argue against what others are saying, but I can't think of any restrictions that would prevent reputation abuse entirely. These restrictions would also probably come with more disadvantages than advantages.

• Advanced Members

So this is like rating how the trade was? Like your experience? Sounds good I guess, and if you got scammed it would have a box saying " If your experience wasn't good, explain here" So, then you could show your proof that you got scammed.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Alexis said:

So this is like rating how the trade was? Like your experience? Sounds good I guess, and if you got scammed it would have a box saying " If your experience wasn't good, explain here" So, then you could show your proof that you got scammed.

It actually sounds better the way you explained it.

This would help build a theory against scammers perhaps? There are users who have been scammed that didn't even bother to file a report. They may be intimidated or uninformed about how to report a scam; especially new users.

• Advanced Members
57 minutes ago, Stah said:

It's effectively the same explanation as the OP. It will be 100% abusable.

Yeah you're right, I had my own interpretation of how it was written. I had to read it again. It's been a while. 

• Advanced Members
On 02/05/2016 at 5:00 PM, Ryan said:

Did you people not learn from the forum reputation drama saga :( (that kinda rhymes)

Having it as a trade option would be 100x worse than reputation abuse on the forum, simply because a hell of a lot more people use the trade application than use the xat forum.  

"trade noaudies4noaudies for positive rep" would become more annoying than Roberto.

We had enough reputation drama saga already before and hope there no more any of it.

• Advanced Members

On paper, this actually seems like a decent idea, but sadly there are a lot of bad people on xat that like to abuse certain things, and this will be abused. There can be rules set in place where you can't abuse, but those rules will be impossible to enforce. This will be rendered useless overtime from all of the flase ratings do it'll just end up being a waste of resources.