Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The idea seems very good and easy to implement but the use of the power is kinda bad.

 

You are not able to read other people macros because it's a client side feature only.

 

In my opinion, i think it would be better to have a settings on the chat or website where you can set your message and then it can be saved on xat side. So, when you pc someone, the message can be recovered without any issues.

Edited by SLOom
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems an good idea.

 

15 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

give you information about person who is offline

This can be a great feature for available users too!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SLOom said:

The idea seems very good and easy to implement but the use of the power is kinda bad.

 

You are not able to read other people macros because it's a client side feature only.

 

In my opinion, i think it would be better to have a settings on the chat or website where you can set your message and then it can be saved on xat side. So, when you pc someone, the message can be recovered without any issues.

For me is not important if this idea is power or no, i just need this settings (grump) I'm tired of the smiley powers, make something useful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this seems a good idea to add that option but it seems complicated too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SLOom said:

In my opinion, i think it would be better to have a settings on the chat or website where you can set your message and then it can be saved on xat side. So, when you pc someone, the message can be recovered without any issues.

Agreed. Should be something physically on the chat like when you click your name. It would also be nice for it to have features for how long you’d like to set it for (ex. 24 hours, 3 days etc) so you wouldn’t have to manually change it everytime. 

 

However, I think something to consider is how useful this feature would be once xat mobile is improved and already has built in notifications that can be sent to your phone anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this could be implemented to power away.

 

When you type /away, everyone who sends you private message after that will receive a message. This message could be defined by a macro, something like $away=I'm having lunch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

For me is not important if this idea is power or no

 

You probably understood bad.

 

I said, the idea is good but the use (how to use it) is kinda bad ! Macros are bad, and we need a better solution instead (as I suggested).

 

Nowhere, i was talking about how important is the power. 6w3sjJU.png

 

23 minutes ago, lemona said:

Agreed. Should be something physically on the chat like when you click your name. It would also be nice for it to have features for how long you’d like to set it for (ex. 24 hours, 3 days etc) so you wouldn’t have to manually change it everytime.

 

Yes I agree it should be on chat, but should be implemented for HTML5 and mobile only.

 

On HTML5 and mobile, we have several spaces to put things, so I think, settings page would be the best place for this power. 

 

Edited by SLOom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Luig said:

I think this could be implemented to power away.

 

When you type /away, everyone who sends you private message after that will receive a message. This message could be defined by a macro, something like $away=I'm having lunch.

Agreed, this could be added as an upgrade feature to the Away power, where we can put a message and a reason of why we're away on the chat, but away power works when you're online and idle on the chat for a couple minutes.

 

I think it's more appropriate to implement this as a user feature on HTML5 instead of making a power.  :$

 

 

''Hey I'm not home at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep...''

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 6 said:

Agreed, this could be added as an upgrade feature to the Away power, where we can put a message and a reason of why we're away on the chat, but away power works when you're online and idle on the chat for a couple minutes.

 

I think it's more appropriate to implement this as a user feature on HTML5 instead of making a power.  :$

 

 

''Hey I'm not home at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep...''

here i agree this has as relationship with the power away, being away ( the power ) + the message ( the reason ) is a good thing 

Edited by maxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is this any different from just leaving a message on the forum, using the FEXBot's welcome message feature or making a blog post? I don't see why this would be necessary to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @DonQuijote, thank you very much for your suggestion;

 

I personally think this idea is fantastic and we really need it. As @SLOom and @Luig said, it could be released as 'away2' or just added to the existing 'away', becoming an extra feature we would only have in HTML5, since it is getting some features we don't have in Flash (e.g. the powers display). I really hope this idea will be considered. 

43 minutes ago, Phin said:

How is this any different from just leaving a message on the forum, using the FEXBot's welcome message feature or making a blog post? I don't see why this would be necessary to have.

It is, considering that not all the users use the forum, not all the users visit xats with FexBots, and so on. This should be a tool in xat, and not depending on other sources. 

 

Again, thank you for your post. I'm very excited to see how will users react to this idea. :d

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 (d) this powers is futuristic advanced technology

 

I came from the future and you have to delete this post. 

 

The end its coming 

Edited by Cleon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign in now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.