PCInfo

DonQuijote

• Volunteers

The idea seems very good and easy to implement but the use of the power is kinda bad.

You are not able to read other people macros because it's a client side feature only.

In my opinion, i think it would be better to have a settings on the chat or website where you can set your message and then it can be saved on xat side. So, when you pc someone, the message can be recovered without any issues.

Edited by SLOom
  • Award 2

This seems an good idea.

15 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

This can be a great feature for available users too!

• Wiki Translators
10 minutes ago, SLOom said:

The idea seems very good and easy to implement but the use of the power is kinda bad.

You are not able to read other people macros because it's a client side feature only.

In my opinion, i think it would be better to have a settings on the chat or website where you can set your message and then it can be saved on xat side. So, when you pc someone, the message can be recovered without any issues.

For me is not important if this idea is power or no, i just need this settings (grump) I'm tired of the smiley powers, make something useful.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
21 minutes ago, SLOom said:

Agreed. Should be something physically on the chat like when you click your name. It would also be nice for it to have features for how long you’d like to set it for (ex. 24 hours, 3 days etc) so you wouldn’t have to manually change it everytime. 

However, I think something to consider is how useful this feature would be once xat mobile is improved and already has built in notifications that can be sent to your phone anyway.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I think this could be implemented to power away.

When you type /away, everyone who sends you private message after that will receive a message. This message could be defined by a macro, something like $away=I'm having lunch.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
42 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

For me is not important if this idea is power or no

You probably understood bad.

I said, the idea is good but the use (how to use it) is kinda bad ! Macros are bad, and we need a better solution instead (as I suggested).

Nowhere, i was talking about how important is the power. 6w3sjJU.png

23 minutes ago, lemona said:

Agreed. Should be something physically on the chat like when you click your name. It would also be nice for it to have features for how long you’d like to set it for (ex. 24 hours, 3 days etc) so you wouldn’t have to manually change it everytime.

Yes I agree it should be on chat, but should be implemented for HTML5 and mobile only.

On HTML5 and mobile, we have several spaces to put things, so I think, settings page would be the best place for this power. 

Edited by SLOom

• Advanced Members
32 minutes ago, Luig said:

I think this could be implemented to power away.

When you type /away, everyone who sends you private message after that will receive a message. This message could be defined by a macro, something like $away=I'm having lunch.

Agreed, this could be added as an upgrade feature to the Away power, where we can put a message and a reason of why we're away on the chat, but away power works when you're online and idle on the chat for a couple minutes.

I think it's more appropriate to implement this as a user feature on HTML5 instead of making a power.  :$

''Hey I'm not home at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep...''

• Award 3

• Wiki Translators
3 hours ago, 6 said:

Agreed, this could be added as an upgrade feature to the Away power, where we can put a message and a reason of why we're away on the chat, but away power works when you're online and idle on the chat for a couple minutes.

I think it's more appropriate to implement this as a user feature on HTML5 instead of making a power.  :$

''Hey I'm not home at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep...''

here i agree this has as relationship with the power away, being away ( the power ) + the message ( the reason ) is a good thing 

Edited by maxo

• Advanced Members

Hi @DonQuijote, thank you very much for your suggestion;

I personally think this idea is fantastic and we really need it. As @SLOom and @Luig said, it could be released as 'away2' or just added to the existing 'away', becoming an extra feature we would only have in HTML5, since it is getting some features we don't have in Flash (e.g. the powers display). I really hope this idea will be considered. 

43 minutes ago, Phin said:

How is this any different from just leaving a message on the forum, using the FEXBot's welcome message feature or making a blog post? I don't see why this would be necessary to have.

It is, considering that not all the users use the forum, not all the users visit xats with FexBots, and so on. This should be a tool in xat, and not depending on other sources. 

Again, thank you for your post. I'm very excited to see how will users react to this idea. :d

• Award 1
  • Haha 1