(Kinda) Small Update to the Power Store

SethTI

• Advanced Members

Hey everyone!

I'm here for yet another suggestion, this time, I was inspired by a HTML5 update to come up with this...

The xat power store needs an update, a (kinda) small one.

The most recent HTML5 update as of December 29th, 2018 had an update where the power list got an upgrade, giving something very important to sorting: Categories.

To keep this post simple, I think the power store should be changed where the categories are listed: This will make it easier to tell which power is which in each category, For example: I don't know all of the powers in the "events" category, and would like to easily figure it out: Well, I would visit the store to see.

What do you think of this idea? I think it's doable.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, maxo said:

can you give an exemple of categories ? how ?

As stated in the post:

The most recent HTML5 update as of December 29th, 2018 had an update where the power list got an upgrade, giving something very important to sorting: Categories.

There are categories in the power list seen here:

image.thumb.png.1e8be71d045672bb1f86e80c150b9751.png

• Advanced Members

That is the first thing that I came up with when I saw the update. Honestly, I think that it would be really nice if added, that way it would be easy to find the powers, since we have more than 520 of them.

In addition, in the App, you can find the powers in the store classified by its rarity (common, epic...) so I think it is not a difficult feature to add.

Thank you @SethTI for posting the idea, I hope it will be added very soon!

Edited by Witness
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Luig said:

You don't need to go to the store for that. 

We have a special page called Categories in the wiki.

We can make the name of each category (in the power list) as a link for those categories.

What do you think?

At the same time, it's the power store.

I still think it needs an improvement either way.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, SethTI said:

At the same time, it's the power store.

I still think it needs an improvement either way.

Do you want to add all the informations (and powers) in the power list? 

I hope no... 

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members

Hey! I made an example of how the powers page could look. I used the base for that Short Name Page update that was posted, and a bit of the category part from HTML5!

The powers would be separated by the category tab ("New" is for the 2 newest powers), such as "holidays" "collections" etc. The brand new search feature would also make it easier to find powers other than having to press ctrl + F.

I honestly think the example matches the new xat look that it's aiming for.

What do you think?

powers.png

• Advanced Members

I actually think something like this is currently in development! Funnily enough, I know that a search bar and a better organizational sorting is something we can expect.

Stay tuned! It’s up and coming sometime in late 2019 Q1 or early 2019 Q2. 

10 minutes ago, SethTI said:

Hey! I made an example of how the powers page could look. I used the base for that Short Name Page update that was posted, and a bit of the category part from HTML5!

The powers would be separated by the category tab ("New" is for the 2 newest powers), such as "holidays" "collections" etc. The brand new search feature would also make it easier to find powers other than having to press ctrl + F.

I honestly think the example matches the new xat look that it's aiming for.

What do you think?

powers.png

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Angelo said:

I actually think something like this is currently in development! Funnily enough, I know that a search bar and a better organizational sorting is something we can expect.

Stay tuned! It’s up and coming sometime in late 2019 Q1 or early 2019 Q2. 

Hey, good to know, thank you!