Group power - ban/jail pawn

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

Hello, this idea came up on the thread of alexis, who suggested to make a jail pawn for xat, but since this would be somehow weird as an useable pawn, i had thought about something else but similar:

- It is a group power called banpawn/jailpawn,

- Banned users will be shown in a jail themed pawn instead of the brown one. 

- When you have the ban/jail pawn group power assigned, you are able to switch the pawns for banned users (perhaps trough gcontrol), or they are automatically set once the group power is assigned.

The reason i make this in a new thread, is because it received positive feedback on his thread, the concept is different and i can show it better on the xats to do list, i hope you can comprehend.

Feel free to tell what you think about the possibility to replace the ban pawn.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I like this idea. Obviously it won't replace the ban pawn, but if main owners would like this featured on their groups then they are more than welcome to purchase the power. 

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Junior said:

But.. what else would this do besides replacing the pawn?, one power just for this sound lamela

7 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I agree with junior, the concept is interesting but there should be more features added, because I wouldn't spend d xats on a power to just change ban pawns.

It doesnt have to be espensive. If you want, add few ban related smilies as well. Or come up with some other ideas. 

However, i don't think that every power needs much functions, also i would be rather buying this (in your eyes) lame power, than buying red card or some boring smiley powers like catarpillar, rice bowl, snail or the other 50 powers that no one uses. 

• Volunteers

I like this idea, and the idea from the other post too. Here's what I see:

The idea of imagining group powers that can modify the default pawn color is also fun. Maybe we can combine both?

Anyway we have jail power already so maybe only jailed could work (since jail is taken)

This power can work like badge or dunce powers but instead of adding a badge or the dunce hat, you'd get your pawn "jail" colored (black & white)

Image example below:

sMY8E42.png

p.s. If developed it would work very like yellowcard / badge / dunce but with a different effect (pawn design)

To add: (JAILED) would work like: You go to Kick > Jail to add the pawn in other user, as in: Kick > Dunce or Ban > Mute etc.)

Maybe besides developing this function, @Admin can also make it change the color of banned pawns.

It would be fun to have few users banned and others as guest/members with the same pawn as theirs

In this case, this power would be a group power, which still act as an individual power if you have it.

Allowing you to add jail pawns to anyone (not only the banned).

Note: Banned users stay at the bottom of the user list, also when you click them it will say its on xat banned user.

Thanks @Alexis and @LaFleur for the suggestions

You can see Alexis's original post here: 

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

Maybe it could put bars across you screen too if you have been 'jailbanned', and act like a longer version of mute? You can still see the chat but not be able to talk.

Sounds like a great idea. What about Jailgag. Like, " You have been Jailgagged for 0.5 hours reason : Blah blah blah." Like everytime you tried to talk, it would add more time for you to being gagged. The time would be increased, by as much as you started with. So since the person banned you for 0.5 hours, It equals one hour. Idk if this even sounds like a great idea. I feel like others would be confused by this. (meh)

• Advanced Members

Interesting concept but in order for this to work it needs a distinctive purpose. It seems too relatable to the banning function that already exists, the only difference would be the visuals.

• Members
On 01/05/2016 at 11:49 PM, Alexis said:

Sounds like a great idea. What about Jailgag. Like, " You have been Jailgagged for 0.5 hours reason : Blah blah blah." Like everytime you tried to talk, it would add more time for you to being gagged. The time would be increased, by as much as you started with. So since the person banned you for 0.5 hours, It equals one hour. Idk if this even sounds like a great idea. I feel like others would be confused by this. (meh)

Yeah,rly great!