Weekend Games for xats!

Steven

• Advanced Members
20 minutes ago, Protect said:

TOS can't really work.

Roles are random which can make it unfair & there can be multiple winners per game. 

"Roles are random which can make it unfair"

If games are played multiple times, it is likely that a single person will get a bad and good roles equally to everyone else.

"there can be multiple winners per game"

Read my previous post. You can simply set the total prize for a game at, for example, 1,000 xats. For example, if town members win, each town member wins 1000/total no. town members.  Same for mafia, and any other role. If SK wins, SK wins all 1,000 xats for that game. 

An exception (The only exception, I believe) is that Jester and Exe are able to win with other roles. In order to resolve this, since winning individually as a jester or exe is more challenging, the jester/exe can win 1/3 or 1/2 of the xats, and the rest is split as how I said before.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
20 hours ago, Steven said:

For TOS, we're having trouble working out how it would work... if you've got ideas, I'm all ears

Perhaps just the usual, but divide the xats up if town wins like Flake said 

20 hours ago, Flake said:

You'd have to have like 12 players, or any multiple of 12 players (12, 24, 36) to make it easier. Then you could do the person who wins the game gets 500 xats or something? Then you could continue until you feel it is necessary to stop.

Say if you have like, 17 players or something, you could use a RNG to decide who the 12 players will be, then for the next round the people left out will definitely join, and the rest of the users will be added by RNG, etc. :)

20 hours ago, Steven said:

But there would be many winners per game, especially if town or mafia won.

20 hours ago, Flake said:

Oh yh, forgot that many can win

Make prize total 1000 xats per game, say if SK wins, they get 1k.

If town wins, town members each receive 1000 divided by how many town members won... same for mafia.

This can apply for any role.

Aren't there 2 serial killers in Town of Salem? How will they know that people aren't cheating and private chatting people that are the same role as them? 

• Advanced Members
On 3/8/2016 at 8:13 PM, Flake said:

"Roles are random which can make it unfair"

If games are played multiple times, it is likely that a single person will get a bad and good roles equally to everyone else.

"there can be multiple winners per game"

Read my previous post. You can simply set the total prize for a game at, for example, 1,000 xats. For example, if town members win, each town member wins 1000/total no. town members.  Same for mafia, and any other role. If SK wins, SK wins all 1,000 xats for that game. 

An exception (The only exception, I believe) is that Jester and Exe are able to win with other roles. In order to resolve this, since winning individually as a jester or exe is more challenging, the jester/exe can win 1/3 or 1/2 of the xats, and the rest is split as how I said before.

Hmm, that's true. I guess the multiple winners 1k each thing could work. But I feel as though it could still be unfair. For example, if you end up as a medium and I'm a sheriff. The mafia is more likely to target the sheriff rather than the medium. But idk.

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Pyong said:

Hmm, that's true. I guess the multiple winners 1k each thing could work. But I feel as though it could still be unfair. For example, if you end up as a medium and I'm a sheriff. The mafia is more likely to target the sheriff rather than the medium. But idk.

But if one won, the other would too (surviving would not be a requirement to win)

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Steven said:

But if one won, the other would too (surviving would not be a requirement to win)

Oh I see, I assumed that you would have to survive in order to win. So if there were 10 townies overall and town won we would be giving away 10k?

• Advanced Members
On 2016-03-11 at 1:25 AM, Pyong said:

Oh I see, I assumed that you would have to survive in order to win. So if there were 10 townies overall and town won we would be giving away 10k?

No, 1k split between the townies. 10 people on your team = easier win = less reward.

• Advanced Members

Thanks for joining us for Flappy Bird & our matchrace tourney!

SATURDAY, MARCH 19

The well known puzzling mobile game "Candy Crush" will be played on this day. We will have people go on a website that will be provided when the contest starts, there everyone will be competing to see who gets the farthest in a certain amount of time. This will judged by a screenshot sent to the host by PC. This event is to take place 3:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM GMT.

SUNDAY, MARCH 20

Instead of the typical Gamebot rotation, we will host a Gamerace Tournament which will contain all gameraces that have been released thus far. for 1000 xats. 3:00 PM EDT/7:00 PM GMT. 

Keep in mind the times in North America have changed, so the difference between Eastern and GMT will be only 4 hours instead of the previous 5.

•  

• Advanced Members

Gamerace Tourney did not end up working out today, so currently we are playing just regular gamebot games.

As for next week we will have these games:

SATURDAY, MARCH 26

The game filled with murder, deception, lying and mob hysteria "Town of Salem" will be featured on this day. We will have people go on a website that will be provided when the contest starts, there everyone will be put into a party. The mode will be "Custom". The roles will be chosen by the host. We will be doing only 1 round of this game. If things manage to go swell we might do a 2nd round. As for how the winner(s) will be decided, if 1 person wins (the jester for example) they will get the 1k. If 10 people win however (the whole town), each person will get 100 xats. This event will take place at 3:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM GMT.

SUNDAY, MARCH 27

Instead of the typical Gamebot rotation, we will host a Gamerace Tournament which will contain all gameraces that have been released thus far. for 1000 xats. 3:00 PM EDT/7:00 PM GMT. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

If you haven't played Town of Salem before but plan on entering, I suggest practicing first... it's a confusing game for beginners. Stop by the chat and we'll be happy to help you out, and there is also a wikia available with lots of useful info.

• Advanced Members

Remember that the clocks went forward by 1 hour in the UK so currently it's GMT+1. The Gamerace Tournament for 1,000 xats on Sunday 27 March is at 3:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM GMT+1 (aka 8pm in the UK - lol im so helpful gimme a medal)