Reasons why HTML5 is inferior to Flash

Mike

• Advanced Members

Firstly, in terms of aesthetic purposes, the way the powers are laid out in a solid list instead of easy to view with two rows. It's inconvenient and looks messy.

http://prntscr.com/lor223

It's not as easy to do things such as change your avatar, change your name, view your xats and days, and change your homepage. It also enlarges your picture, which in most cases, including this example, stretches your picture to dimensions that won't work well being on the chat as 100x100 and having to be larger when you're clicked. The little icons when you click someone are okay, I can deal with that I suppose, as long as they're kept as close to flash as possible. Another aesthetic eye sore is the userpool/rankpool/banpool being at the top and only providing clutter for the users on the chat and making it more difficult to see who's online. All of these are aesthetic issues and changing these is not ideal. xat has a certain look, and it's always looked this way. Minor changes are one thing, but these are too much in my opinion. As far as functionality goes, I don't see many issues. All of the issues I see are strictly the way the chat looks. However the new scrollers look nice and aside from clicking people including yourself, it's not all that different. I also don't much like the new chatbubble on the chat tab and when you get pc's the same chat bubble is there, and it just looks sort of "not neat" (I'm sure there's a more fitting word)

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, SethTI said:

Backgrounds are still broken for me.

Would be useful if you could give some context or some evidence behind this— either linking a post you’ve made about it before or writing a new one here. Simply saying they’re broken won’t help at all. 

This is just so the devs and admins have an easier accessibility to your issue. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
19 hours ago, Angelo said:

Would be useful if you could give some context or some evidence behind this— either linking a post you’ve made about it before or writing a new one here. Simply saying they’re broken won’t help at all. 

This is just so the devs and admins have an easier accessibility to your issue. 

I mean, I did report it countless times in the past, but I was only stating another issue here  to correct him.

^ That is where it started, and where I was told it would be fixed in the near future. I was told in a PM back in January that it'd be fixed, too. But considering that xat seems to be only focusing on the web design and hasn't updated the chat monthly since August like they have been has concerned me, making me think that they just stopped working on chat stuff.

• Bot Service Providers
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Hopefully the 502 connection errors are now fixed.

Sometimes it happens randomly. When you are trying to connect to a chat, or when you are online normally, it gets disconnected,

Is this fixed?

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
14 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Sometimes it happens randomly. When you are trying to connect to a chat, or when you are online normally, it gets disconnected,

Is this fixed?

It should be - at least now with the fix. However, if you seem to encounter it again, feel free to post it here: https://forum.xat.com/bug-tracker/chat/

• Cool 1

• Members

I think you did not want to offend with this topic, clearly the flash is obsolete and html5 is a standard language and not counting search engines that play flash websites for the end of the search and with this xat loses new users

• 2 weeks later...