xat Facebook - your input/feedback

LaFleur

• Members

I just noted that the page is official, editing my comment, I think that the publications should be more interactive, with images and not just plain text, everything comes through the eyes and the attractive looks much better.

Edited by Malarin
Fail
  • Award 2

• Volunteers
  • User feature (Sort of like a get to know you type of thing. Could have things such as what chats they hangout on, how long they've been around xat, what they like most about xat, their favourite xat smiley etc. This could all be laid out as an image)
  • Smiley memes (Something funny that captures peoples attention, whether it's a funny smiley describing how you feel on Mondays or whatever)
  • Polls (ie. what is your favourite smiley from xats latest power ______?)
  • Award 3

• Volunteers

Maybe we could have some sort of "reminders" about function/groups powers (to put them more forward) like:

"Did you know you could change the smileys line of your chat with GLINE?"

And after, you explain shortly the goal of the power and you link the wiki of this power.

• Award 4

• Bot Service Providers

Some things that we need to have:

xat memes (yeah its facebook m8);

xat facts (funny or not);

funny prints (not inapp) sent by xat users via inbox;

trend forum posts (which need to have a requirement, like not drama, useful content - includes suggestions, features etc) it may encourage people to discuss about and may bring admins attention with more people talking e.g about a power suggestion..

(Asking for contests only is same than GIVEME XATS, DAYS, POWERS?)

Edited by Laming
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
On 11/27/2018 at 4:50 PM, xLaming said:

xat memes (yeah its facebook m8);

Could you explain what you mean by xat memes - something like Lemona suggested?

"Smiley memes (Something funny that captures peoples attention, whether it's a funny smiley describing how you feel on Mondays or whatever)".

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
46 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Could you explain what you mean by xat memes - something like Lemona suggested?

"Smiley memes (Something funny that captures peoples attention, whether it's a funny smiley describing how you feel on Mondays or whatever)".

xat powers, smilies, gifs, avatar, whatever being related to the xat products, but with "random funny phrases" like "in xat trading chats work like that (money smiley)"

• LaFleur unfeatured this topic
  • Advanced Members

Thanks for the feedback, Moist.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:05 PM, Moist said:

LET THE USERS OF THE COMMUNITY SUBMIT CONTENT TO BE POSTED ON THE SITE. IT HELPS THE COMMUNITY FEEL INVOLVED.

Could you give an example, what kind of content? Where would they submit it from?

On 12/4/2018 at 11:05 PM, Moist said:

xat User Spotlight. A weekly Spotlight user in which the selected person is featured on the Facebook page. Their photo and brief written post to go along with it. Possibly give these users a reward for winning?

How would the user get selected?

• Award 1

• Members
On 12/6/2018 at 2:17 PM, LaFleur said:

Thanks for the feedback, Moist.

Could you give an example, what kind of content? Where would they submit it from?

How would the user get selected?

User submitted content

I feel it could be a wide variety of options in regards to content.

An example of xat related content.

• Things that have happened or is happening around the xat community. Recent events or upcoming events that have/are happening.
  • Possible ideas users have come up with that would benefit all of the community.
  • We could even go as far as submitting funny/interesting/facts that would help keep users enjoying or interested to see what new things are to come from user submits.

An example of non-xat related content.

• Memes that users enjoy or have created themselves keep in mind it has to stay appropriate.
  • Personal fun facts about the user who submits to allow them to introduce or let others get to know them.
  • Events or social gatherings they would like to host.

Overall my idea for this is to have users feel involved or as if they are more apart of the xat community and feel welcomed and/or so to speak "important". I feel it would help keep users intrigued as it is something new that can really take off. There is so many more opportunities for this feature then I have listed that can be very fun! :)

xat User Spotlight

The user could be selected from a poll taken by the user base OR by members of the staff. (Vols, Contributors, Official chat staff, forum staff, OR WE COULD EVEN POSSIBLY CREATE A SIMPLE TEAM THAT RUNS THE POLLS). Another way is by setting requirements needed to  be added to this list. Examples can include but are not limited to; Doing something that benefits the community. Acquiring points from doing certain actions. Having being nominated the most times and the top X amount of people are then added to the poll/raffle.

How the users are added to polls.

• Nominations from the community.
  • Staff nominations
  • Have users submit their names and have a random draw to select a user
  • Many more options

I would be more then willing to give more examples or sit down and talk further details about this. Thanks for showing interest in these ideas. Looking forward to  hearing back from you. 

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

I like all these ideas regarding interactive posts but I don’t think facebook is the best platform for this - twitter is probably much better. 

xat still values anonymity but you’re allocating time and effort to a platform that values the complete opposite. 

Funny prints sounds like an awesome idea. Moist put forth some really great ideas too.

Edited by Carnival

• Advanced Members
On 27/11/2018 at 01:16, Malarin said:

Acabei de notar que a página é oficial, editando o meu comentário, acho que as publicações devem ser mais interativas, com imagens e não apenas texto puro, tudo vem através dos olhos e o atrativo fica muito melhor.

I agree, I believe this is a great step forward!