Category

Christina

• Advanced Members

It is not necessary ! Like @Jedi Words  (Categorize friends is not my philosophy.

In my friendlist, i only have my friends and that's all.)    

same opinion how they said !

we need other things !! Not that how @ jedid my friends have only my friends and that is all !!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

We should have a Best Friend column, Friends column, and Ignore column. Also there should be a trash button right besides their name so if you wanted to delete someone there would be a pop-up saying " Are you sure you want to delete [ Insert name here ]". Idk it's just a suggestion. I'm thinking of the columns should look like ban pools (tired)

• Advanced Members

I guess the trade mods just write scammers IDs on a piece of paper then since its rude to classify and put on a list?

I know for a fact that is not true.  I guess chats that are built on DJs and radio have no use for that category either?

The power has usefulness and it is not a smiley power.  

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Christina said:

I guess the trade mods just write scammers IDs on a piece of paper then since its rude to classify and put on a list?

Yeah, and traders write their trades and transfers on a piece of paper then use maths to make stats and stuff. #TradesTransfersLogs :)

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
23 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah, and traders write their trades and transfers on a piece of paper then use maths to make stats and stuff. #TradesTransfersLogs :)

Jedi..there is big difference between function ability and user safety.  Nice to see the true intentions here though.

• Award 2

• Wiki Editors

Why would anyone add a scammer to their friends list? lol

If you find a user scamming you report them, there's no need to add them. Not to mention that they keep moving into accounts.

I'm with Jedi, I add my friends and that's it.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Some people like organization and some don't need it. Labeling friends can be a sensitive topic but to others it's not that big of a deal. I don't really go on xat anymore so it doesn't matter to me whether this is made or not, but powers aren't meant for everybody. If it doesn't fit your philosophy, you don't have to like it, buy it, or use it. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Mr.Guppy said:

I have my Steam friends catigorized as IRL, xat, Terraria friends, Youtubers, and other.

s00p3r r00d

Sometimes it's rude. Sometimes not. Whatever 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, Steven said:

I think this is a good suggestion.

In my mind it isn't about categorizing your friends, it's about sorting them so you can find their names in the list easier. I would use this (tab for Game staff, tab for former staff, probably a tab for ticket vols, all so I can easily find those people quickly if I need to contact them). I don't think this is offensive in any way, and if someone did want to use it as a "best friends" and "lesser friends" type of thing, that is up to them and nobody else has to know... right? :$

If I find out they're dead to me.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

A useful suggestion being shot down by tiny nitpicks. Sorta ashame considering this is a great idea, categorizing your friends isn't exactly rude - the fact this is a reason to not add a function like this is beyond me. Sure, scammers wasn't a great example to use but as @Mr.Guppy said this is most likely how I'd categorize my friends on xat. Overall it'd make my friends list look cleaner instead of it going by ID which is completely annoying with more IDs generating as time goes on. Just my two cents. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Just as a reminder, the scammers tab was just for show. You're more than welcome to create your own. If you are worried about offending your friends depending on what tab you put them in, then don't show them. It's as simple as that.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Powers aren't for everyone.  Elie you think its rude to categorize friends..but you are saying anyone who does is dead to you.  LOL

That isn't rude.

Its also not worth reporting scammers unless you have solid proof.  Sometimes you add them...as trade staff..incase someone else reports.

So for me..at the time...I had a use for it.  Its was my category list..does not mean its for everyone :p

Even Facebook has this.  I guarantee 2 people that said no here added me as close friends  there in past.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Honestly I see no flaws with this suggestion, I feel like people are complaining for the sake of complaining. I'd give you guys an example of how this power can actually work, I have most resellers added because people on Tr4de always ask if there's a reseller online and I give them the ID, ect. If this power were a thing, I'd have all the resellers under the "resellers" tab making it more easy for me to find them, and also have less clutter in my friends list. This power can be used multiple way, people use the friends list multiple ways. 

12 hours ago, Jedi said:

What does the trade transfer log suggestion have to do with this suggestion? I don't understand why you had to bring it up here? 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, TinkerDoodle said:

What does the trade transfer log suggestion have to do with this suggestion? I don't understand why you had to bring it up here? 

He was referencing an earlier suggestion that trade logs be written down manually with a pen and paper, because Tina was against pen and paper for one situation but not the other, lol

I found it funny. :$

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Steven said:

He was referencing an earlier suggestion that trade logs be written down manually with a pen and paper, because Tina was against pen and paper for one situation but not the other, lol

I was not against pen and paper at all.  I also said I would agree with his power suggestion IF it was his trade log with power and price.  NOT the other users information.

1 is irrelevant to the other.  1 is about user safety.  Friends list does NOT show how many xats someone has to open them up as a target.  SO try again?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Steven said:

Oh, now that's silly to write down every trade someone ever made, since this is a different thread I won't go into detail, but writing it down just seems tedious.