CYAN PAWN

Admin

• Advanced Members

i have suggested  a nice Game so far to you and you asked to send to your email so check it then You will see is so nice too... xd i'm not saying is better than the mav but check it.

• Award 1

• Smiley Makers

This seems fine to me. It draws attention and incentive to users wanting to be recognized for making a game and will get more people involved in this creative innovation xat is now offering.

If the admin does not want to create a new pawn for this and rather use the cyan pawn then it seems fine to me. Celebrity is acknowledged because they are popular or well known, if a user creates something that is popular and will be well known it makes sense for them to have that recognition / celebrity pawn if no other pawn could be created. If another pawn could be created however, that would probably be better.

I would be willing to take a look at creating a custom pawn for this if needed as well. Just need the confirmation.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

There are many users with so nice suggestions and just get ignored cause maybe no completely information BUT THEY SHOW THE MAIN IDEA OF THEIR SUGGESTION, but with the main idea smileymakers can make any power, probably we would have  many nice powers done.

• Wiki Translators
40 minutes ago, Admin said:

To be clear. Maverick has cyan pawn because he has made best game so far.

If you make a better game you could have it instead.

This may not last forever.

It's an incentive to encourage users to look at writing games and apps.

i have the same question as @SethTI what do you mean by " best game " ? and which kind of games is this ? 

10 minutes ago, ider said:

There are many users with so nice suggestions and just get ignored cause maybe no completely information BUT THEY SHOW THE MAIN IDEA OF THEIR SUGGESTION, but with the main idea smileymakers can make any power, probably we would have  many nice powers done.

i agree with you @ider 

• Advanced Members

The pawn to Maverick for his great work he has been doing is ok, but celebrity and the pawn for huge xat work should be two differents pawn because the last celebrities on xat didnt make the same mav have done for so or they didnt deserver or they  need to have differents pawns. 

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Crow said:

This is a badly informed decision and I ask you to reconsider.

If you want to reward Maverick or others with a new pawn, give them yellow or diamond - not an existing "celebrity" pawn that bears no resemblance to their credentials.

Agreed.

Imagine one of the (actual) celebrities coming to xat just to see plenty of users having the same pawn, it may not be interesting anymore.

It should definitely be another pawn. The celebrity status is just too extraordinary and unique to demolish it.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

I totally agree with those who said that giving the cyan pawn to Maverick defeats the purpose of the cyan pawn.

I agree with rewarding people for creating good/popular games, but I'd recommend to reward them with a special/different pawn, not with the cyan pawn because it was made for a different purpose.

• Award 4
  • Cool 1

• Volunteers

Ideally, we would have two different pawns with two different meanings and two different wiki articles. It avoids confusion and makes things simpler.

I agree to preserve the history of cyan and the light blue 'verification' symbolism for celebrities.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Leandro said:

exactly, and admins started the topic to clarify why Maverick has the cyanpawn and didn't ask for opinions or something like that...

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

• Volunteers
10 minutes ago, Leandro said:

But we're not talking about a couple of days either.

It's long enough to ruin the history and credibility of cyan pawn, which is entirely avoidable. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

This pawn was not traditionally for famous people ?, there should be another peon for these types of cases ... would pass the same if you gave him the black peon, which is for the owners (I think) .. correct me if I'm wrong