CYAN PAWN

Admin

• Advanced Members

Does this not change the meaning of the cyan pawn? It is supposed to be for celebrities by definition, not for game and app developers. You expand on this by saying that people can "have it instead" by developing better games and apps. Instead of creating a new incentive for developers, you (lazily) give them something that has absolutely nothing to do with developing. 

I would propose that something else be given to people who go above and beyond to develop cool new things for xat, but I am well aware that my proposal will fall on deaf ears so I'll just stick with saying that this is a horribly lazy and poorly thought out idea.

• Award 2

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Anti said:

This seems fine to me. It draws attention and incentive to users wanting to be recognized for making a game and will get more people involved in this creative innovation xat is now offering.

If the admin does not want to create a new pawn for this and rather use the cyan pawn then it seems fine to me. Celebrity is acknowledged because they are popular or well known, if a user creates something that is popular and will be well known it makes sense for them to have that recognition / celebrity pawn if no other pawn could be created. If another pawn could be created however, that would probably be better.

Well said.

To clarify (some more):

I agree yellow pawn or something else would be better.

I don't have yellow pawn. It takes (a lot of) time to implement.

I do have Cyan pawn and its fairly easy to add/take away.

That time is better spent making the APPBOT power better which is what we are doing.

The Cyan pawn is a temporary thing. Only one game creator at a time will have it (for now). If someone makes a better game (and newer can often mean better) theh the pawn will move to them (for now).

When I get time to do something better (and ideas are being kicked about) Cyan pawn will go back to being celebrity only.

1 hour ago, Luig said:

O5AG9rK.png Pw8e4T5.gif

Matrix pawn. Nice.  If it will work 19 pixels high.

• Award 3

• Wiki Translators
20 minutes ago, Admin said:

I don't have yellow pawn. It takes (a lot of) time to implement.

Omg how can you say this ?(meh)  You must to do something new, we are tired of the same things and repetition of power (exp: kpig-piggy, koffee-coffee...) Better one good power in month than 4 copies. I like xat page but in the last time is started to be boring. (tired)

• Award 4
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

Omg how can you say this ?(meh)  You must to do something new, we are tired of the same things and repetition of power (exp: kpig-piggy, koffee-coffee...) Better one good power in month than 4 copies. I like xat page but in the last time is started to be boring. (tired)

I agree with this 100%

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

APPBOT is something new. Radically new.

• Bot Service Providers
9 hours ago, Admin said:

If you make a better game you could have it instead.

This may not last forever.

It's an incentive to encourage users to look at writing games and apps.

would be fine if something gets released, we can't do anything if theres no explanation about.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Black pawn will be  for sell in store  one day??

Black pawn is for xat STAFF only, until now! 

Edited by Guest

• Advanced Members

It sure defeats the purpose of the cyan pawn, which was made for celebs only, as most of you said.

There's something in this topic that annoyed me: a few contributors said admin didn't want users to give their inputs about it.

I'll remind you of something: there's no sucessful company that doesn't listen to their customers.

• Award 1
  • Cool 1

• Volunteers
13 minutes ago, Tigi said:

I know that only 42 have a black pawn, but it would be a motivation for game developers

How is black pawn a motivation? All users (except the ones obsessed with this pawn) know that the black pawn was made for 42.

Having another pawn (beside black pawn) is already a motivation.

Luig's idea seems good enough to be related to "developers" or "games making".

Edited by SLOom
  • Award 4

• Members
11 hours ago, Admin said:

Bem dito.

Para esclarecer (alguns mais):

Eu concordo peão amarelo ou algo mais seria melhor.

Eu não tenho peão amarelo. Demora (muito) tempo para implementar.

Eu tenho peão ciano e é bastante fácil de adicionar / tirar.

Esse tempo é melhor gasto tornando o poder do APPBOT melhor, e é isso que estamos fazendo.

O peão ciano é uma coisa temporária. Apenas um criador do jogo por vez o terá (por enquanto). Se alguém fizer um jogo melhor (e mais recente pode significar melhor), o peão se moverá para ele (por enquanto).

Quando eu tiver tempo para fazer algo melhor (e as idéias estiverem sendo chutadas), o peão ciano só voltará a ser celebridade.

Peão de matriz. Agradável. Se vai funcionar 19 pixels de altura.

Hard to create an emerald array?

It should have the same purpose of everypower instead of losing everypower for not having the last power released

Should miss the emerald matrix for not creating games

Each time he creates a game he lights the matrix pawn

next week if he does not create games the pawn matrix is drawn

• Bot Service Providers

For who is asking things its simple, first you do something then you can ask. Asking black pawn, are you serious? You're not "xat staff" everybody knows black as staff, theres no reason for get it. Cyan, yellow, maybe a random power seems good, but when you're asking black you're just need to put in your mind that you're not xat staff.

And first of all if you want do get anything "as payment" you need to create, not just ask "gimme black i do the game ya"

• Meh 1

• Members
18 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Agreed.

Imagine one of the (actual) celebrities coming to xat just to see plenty of users having the same pawn, it may not be interesting anymore.

It should definitely be another pawn. The celebrity status is just too extraordinary and unique to demolish it.

I doubt any actual celebrity has the time to go on xat, but I see your point.

• Wiki Translators
2 hours ago, myow said:

good power and we need more powerw about pawn and colors pawn 

there was a lot of pawn powers suggested before as " crystal " " silver " ... mr @Junior said " we have enough pawn powers " (scn)

14 hours ago, Luig said:

Hello @Admin . I agree with them that the Cyan pawn always had a special meaning in the xat and I wouldn't like to see it being given that way. I think it'd be better to create a new pawn for  "Developers ". They should be a group of people who have devoted their time developing apps/games to xat (For example, Maverick).

For these users, it could give the pawn (Developer). This does not mean that he is an official developer of xat.com, but has only contributed enough to. Here is a small example of how this pawn would like look, something that matches the theme (development/programming). 

O5AG9rK.png Pw8e4T5.gif

The color and effect could be changed, that's just an example. I'm sure the smiley makers can do something better.

i like this matrix pawn it seems so good