HTML5 Interface Update

Maverick

• Angelo pinned this topic
  • Bot Service Providers

I like it, really it is great to see that someone is following my suggestion and changing this old ugly style.

Well, there's a bug I don't know if it is the tab or whatever but when I clicked button "staff" it shows a lot of undefined

Screenshot_20180914-153112.thumb.png.3f3ca9c640dac5c2c52f152f5ec7e2b6.png

And layout is a bit broken(not fully responsible) later I will fix it.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
38 minutes ago, SLOom said:

Something was forgotten in the post:

Flash app are working with HTML5.

Trade app is glitched and we already know about all the possible bugs.

For now, applications will stay in flash. Later they will be converted into HTML5.

The only HTML5 application is Chess. 

How to access apps:

T1NiEYf.gif

Didn't check, is the menu html/images too? (Where open the apps)

• Advanced Members
23 hours ago, SLOom said:

Something was forgotten in the post:

Flash app are working with HTML5.

For now, applications will stay in flash. Later they will be converted into HTML5.

The only HTML5 application is Chess. 

How to access apps:

T1NiEYf.gif

I hope trade work for html in mobile too. :(

• Advanced Members

You could improve even more this new update of html5

1) the bar below is something big the one above where the logo of (xat.com) would be fine

GcxKHtzg.jpg

The buttons to close session does not work and edit the profile still does not work

Trade does not work

Another problem is that this and the majority of applications looks great when the background takes up a lot of space

Cyw7vgi.jpg

Another problem that I'm looking at is when you try to open the groups or the store and want to go to some popular chat or go direct to trade and I do not open another window but send me direct closing to which I am

Cqu0qs2.jpg

Edited by iDani

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, iDani said:

The buttons to close session does not work and edit the profile still does not work

On 9/14/2018 at 1:05 PM, Maverick said:

Known Bug at the moment:

1. CSS NOT support.
  2. Outer backgrounds not currently working. 
  3. Logout button leads to events.php

On 9/14/2018 at 2:37 PM, SLOom said:

• Award 1

• Volunteers
2 minutes ago, iDani said:

You could improve even more this new update of html5

Just a small reminder: the web page is still in beta so we may change the page in the future with better improvements!

Ideas and improvements are appreciated and will help to make it better.

Thank you.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

We should keep in mind that xat may want to preserve its overall user interface, whether it's the chat or the new web. I'm sure they could've created a Discord 2.0, but that wouldn't be xat anymore, would it?

Each site has its own interface. It's not because people likes more the discord interface that xat has to do the same than them. So yeah, if it was about to be changed, it wouldn't be xat anymore. We had already a fast thread about that but for the chat interface and all the points were put on the table.

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

It doesn't matter if it's in beta or if more features will be added. The general design of the chat box and its related features still hold the general design of 12 years ago.

If you don't like it, then suggest improvements/ideas?

It's easy to criticize the work but not suggesting ideas to improve it. If you come here, it's to suggest ideas and improvements to make it better and not belittle the work of the admins. I can understand that you don't like much xat but it's not a reason to be so negative like that about. Users feedbacks and ideas are always appreciated but un-constructives comments will not help to make it better.

Pretty sure if it was your work, you would understand my point and you would rather see ideas/improvements than old critics like "it looks like the design of 12 years ago." I really hope, you understand what I want to say and not turn my comment into something I didn't imagine. Anyways Lafleur said everything about your previous points.

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Please take a look at The Chromium Projects' Flash Roadmap:

• Flash Disabled by Default (Target: Chrome 76+ - July 2019).

• Flash Support Removed from Chromium (Target: Chrome 87+ - Dec 2020).

Oh well, we still have the time to build HTML5 before the end of Flash. Why are you so preventive?

HTML5 chat is in development (enough to use it), most of the xat things in flash will be HTML5 soon. 

We are not so late compared to the planned date for the end of Flash.

17 hours ago, iDani said:

Another problem is that this and the majority of applications looks great when the background takes up a lot of space

You mentioned the smileys application but we have a better thing for that added somewhere in the lab.

This app will be eventually removed since it's a really awful app with lags and missing smileys.

16 hours ago, SethTI said:

Where's youtube on the apps?

Forgotten in the grey hole.

Thank you for noticing it.

17 hours ago, iDani said:

Another problem that I'm looking at is when you try to open the groups or the store and want to go to some popular chat or go direct to trade and I do not open another window but send me direct closing to which I am

Do you mean it should open the page in another tab instead of the current one? Possible!

Edited by SLOom
  • Award 5

• Advanced Members
On 9/14/2018 at 7:34 PM, Laming said:

Well, there's a bug I don't know if it is the tab or whatever but when I clicked button "staff" it shows a lot of undefined.

I got the same bug (on Help):

image.thumb.png.4411b182d37bc3a330644105c4901256.png

All I did was click the "+Help" button. Seems to happen every time.

Also, the first tab should be rendered active when the page loads, as many users put their rules here and wish them to be visible by default (or at least add this as an option).

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 4