514 NOCARA

Stif

• Advanced Members

not a good idea- You can already remove faces from smilies, any sub can.

For example:

(noface) is the no face smilie,

type (noface#square) to have no face on the (square) smilie.

(noface#heart) to have no face on the (heart) smilie.

(NOFACE#ALLHALLOWS) to have no face on the "allhallows" smilie.

A smiliar smilie to "noface" also comes with the classic power, "cback", and works the exact same way.

Easy bypass for this power, so I don't think it's a good idea.

• Meh 1

• Wiki Translators

" nocara "  " noface " ... or any name, for me i can't say if it's a good idea or not until see what's the goal and the difference  between this smiley power and the prévious smiley powers, even if it's a smiley power like a lot of powers there is something different that should be done. when i say " difference " i don't mean the form of the power

• Advanced Members

BREAKING NEWS: xat.com rebrands to elxato.es

Seriously, who thought randomly switching the language powers were named in was a good idea? As someone said above, breaking consistency is one of the most stupid things you can do, not that Chris cares whats happening to his website anyway.

I don't use xat anymore, I have 300k sitting in my account, but I choose purposely not to use xat, and stuff like this is exactly why.

I login to these forums once a week only to witness the gradual decline of the power quality.

This power had some potential I guess, but how low has the bar been set at this stage? You can't get much worse than BAGHEAD.

Naming the power in another language is a weak attempt to cover up how saturated all the smiley options are.

Not only that, but it isolates the English speaking users who made this site what it is back in the day. More people know English than Spanish.

Edited by adam_
  • Haha 2

• Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, MisteR said:

I see only as a jealousy of the communities!(a)

it's not "jealousy", it just feels weird. I'm not a native spanish/portuguese speaker and I was confused when I first saw the name of the power. Like who the heck would think nocara means no face at first sight, let's be for real.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
31 minutes ago, Lunala said:

it's not "jealousy", it just feels weird. I'm not a native spanish/portuguese speaker and I was confused when I first saw the name of the power. Like who the heck would think nocara means no face at first sight, let's be for real.

Well, now that you understand, are you still having a confused? I'm sure not. That's what happens to the majority of those who do not speak English until we see what power is about. At no time do we cause as much drama as it is now being caused by a power that you will use once a month.. (if you buy it or use it)

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Seems like the ones defending the name are the ones who speak Spanish, and seems like they may be a bit bias because they understand it fine, and have nothing to say except “there’s nothing wrong with it!!!!!” “You’re closed minded!!!!!” “Stop being jealous!!!” (mega LOL at the last one) which is just playing the victim with no real argument. 

Changing the name to English is not an attack on your language, culture or anything else. Multiple people have listed actual, real arguments against this and why it could be a problem, with myself even stating popular human computer interaction trends. See those posts. 

I'm sure it would be a completely different story if this power was (沒有面對) or (لاوجه). Of course these are extreme examples but it seems needed to get through to some people.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 4

• Advanced Members

NOcara vs FaceOff

Wtf let's be serious. .

What is the name of power with English language?

It's not a word, it's just a name for power, I do not understand why everything has to be in English.

For example: It's an idea of Portuguese food or an animal or fruit, it's an idea and it's the name of that power, now let's say George calls me why should Gioni call me?

There are small examples to be considered.

I think in powers can any name added, a more appropriate name for that powers.

Anyway, he did a good job, I think it's a successful power! (rolleyes)

• Confused 2

• Bot Service Providers
13 hours ago, Lemona said:

There really should be a way to keep the mouth... is that coming or? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a smiley customization application similar to xavi instead that gives users choice between what eyes, mouths, noses etc they want? 

Yeah @Lemona i think can this implemented (applause)
@Admin  might like this idea:

costumes#mouse#nocara = all off
costumes#mouse#nocara#on1 = eyes = On
costumes#mouse#nocara#on2 = mouth = On
costumes#mouse#nocara#on3 = nose = On
costumes#mouse#nocara#on4 = ear = On

• Award 1