ID: 514
Name: Nocara
Price: 200 xats

Smilies:

LCzsdEd.png
Pawns:

xg63IhD.png
Wiki: https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nocara

This power basically removes the face of the smileys. You'll be able to see some examples in @SLOom's comment.

Edited by Stif
Price added
  • Award 3
  • Cool 1
  • No 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Stif said:

Noface is a existing smiley so, they had to find an alternative.

And translating into a completely different language was the solution?

Clearface nface facehide hideface 

Adding powers with names in a different languages is just going to make this website one hell of a confusing place.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 5

• Bot Service Providers

I like the idea of having a clear face, I don't really know an "alternative way" so it may be useful,

Finally xat is doing something else instead of ugly smileys power.

-- OFF --

Put in your "closed mind" that it will be not confuse since cara is face in Spanish and Portuguese. (the two most active xat communities)

There's a lot of americans which also know some random stuff in those languages.

Nothing confuse, but if you want to say about that try to talk about "thanksgiving" for any random people who started in xat recently and is trying to buy powers and say the name wrongly.

• Award 3
  • No 1

• Advanced Members

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And translating into a completely different language was the solution?

Clearface nface facehide hideface 

Adding powers with names in a different languages is just going to make this website one hell of a confusing place.

17 minutes ago, Stif said:

i think facehide would be better, but they did, that's it.

Non-English communities always have to get used names of powers that by default released in English. If in years we haven't had problems with the names of the powers, i do not think that two powers (FIESTA) and (NOCARA) be a problem for you..

22 minutes ago, Stif said:

xat is multilingual.

ty

• Award 1
  • No 1

• Advanced Members

Although they could have picked different names such as "clearface", "nface", etc... This is not the first time we get a new power with a name in a different language, we've got "Amore" and "Fiesta" and I don't remember people complaining about it, so I don't think that's a big problem.

56 minutes ago, SLOom said:

This was mainly made for eyeeye and more in the future.

I hope we can see more smilies being added to this power soon, as Mihay promised. :(

• Award 2
  • Meh 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My point is this: if naming powers in different languages becomes a thing, this puts more cognitive load on people who don't speak 2 or more languages (which is a very big no no in any type of human and computer interaction). For example, if someone forgets a smiley name they can guess it. If there's now 2 or 3 languages powers are created in, it becomes impossible. Learning different words in different languages is also harder a they are unfamiliar.

• Meh 1

• Bot Service Providers
2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Oh please.

xat is a UK company, and every other aspect of this website is in English, should we just ditch English and start with Spanish to avoid closed-mindedness? Anyone who's worth their salt in web development and interface design will tell you that breaking consistency is one of the most confusing and frustrating things to have to deal with from a user's perspective, in fact it's one of Jakob Nielsen's 10 usability heuristics (hopefully you've heard of him).

One power may not make a difference, but if we start naming powers in different languages it will absolutely cause problems.

Smart as a door.

Cara (pt/es) = face (en)

No (en) = sin(es), sem(pt)

Sin cara

Sem cara

No face

Call it how you want its just a power, a mix of names if you didn't go a simple reference then back to the school. Hehehehe.

Well, going back to the thread/post... Will it have any cool hats?

Also I think it would be nice if you can set e.g #neye, #nface, #nnose (disabling each part of the face)