xat market is Crashing

lcky

• Advanced Members

Agreed! Suggestions made on forum should take about 2 weeks to a month to be considered by the volunteers and admins, and after that period, the suggesting user should get notified that if it's good enough to add, it will be added as soon as possible, or if it's bad, should be told it won't be added and provide a reason for not being accepted. Also, xat's main priority should be to finish developing Mobile and HTML5 in preparation of Flash not being supported anymore. I can understand that it wants every opportunity to make money, but yes, I also agree with the point that powers should not be released on a weekly basis at a cheap rate, and instead released monthly for a larger price.

Edited by HelperNate
  • Award 1
  • No 1

• Advanced Members

I think we can all agree that what Lucky is saying has merit.

Superanime/Supersummer seemed like a small attempt to make a few cheaper powers raise in price, but overall it was not that effective.

Sadly, I fear that xat’s only priority will be  developing HTML5 until it is complete. And it’s very realistic that by the time it is complete, it’ll be too late to try to salvage the power economy. 

Good thoughts Lucky, I hope they’re heard. 

• Award 5

• Bot Service Providers

A few thing which you dont like in xat:

# Weekly powers (80% of them are useless, not function etc).

# No support, yet have lot of help chats the real support via ticket is zero.

# No marketing, xat is a big UK company, but don't care about ads in Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter or whatever, the users stay same, but lot of them will leave xat, and later will be too late.

# Nothing new, xat just changed design 2 times since it becames "chat" nothing new in design (website, a cool flat app etc) xat groups still lookin' like an 2000's website.

# Less powers, more security, tools for developers, place to people which will really help etc. (Yet API system is finally made)

# Forums gettin' Tapatalk support(not hard) not really useful, but its great to get community more active, get notifications and whatever.

# (NEW) If you buy xats which were stolen its your fault and you will lose your money by a xat fault instead of get the real source of the issue.

Edited by Laming
Typo.
  • Award 2

• Volunteers
5 hours ago, lcky said:

Instead of Releasing powers in cheap cost , release them at bit expensive prices like 1000 - 1500 xats each . 

Let's be honest on a few things.

I do not agree on the fact that admins should release some powers a bit expensive. It has to be fair for everyone, not only for the rich people. 

Power price has to be fair when it doesn't have a big "potential" (E.g: smiley power). It has to be fair for people that have less than 1000 xats in their wallet. When Ruby went out in store for 100k, you all got mad because:

• it was super expensive
  • It was crashing xat store

and there you are asking for powers to be a bit expensive .. I don't get you.

If you have better ideas than that, then post them and we can talk about that with the admins to see what do they think about.

Self note: Do not think we never tried to make them release less powers but they most likely ignored the idea. Lafleur can confirm this.

5 hours ago, HelperNate said:

Suggestions made on forum should take about 2 weeks to a month to be considered by the volunteers and admins, and after that period, the suggesting user should get notified that if it's good enough to add, it will be added as soon as possible, or if it's bad, should be told it won't be added and provide a reason for not being accepted.

Aren't you a contributor to make that possible? If you really want that to happen, open a thread in the contributor section, talk about that with the group and mention the admins. That's simple and fast.

4 hours ago, Laming said:

Let's make function every week and slow down the HTML5 development (It's already slow enough like that). Plus we have some small functions so they are not fully "smileys power". ;) 

# No marketing, xat is a big UK company, but don't care about ads in Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter or whatever, the users stay same, but lot of them will leave xat, and later will be too late.

Who said they don't care about "ads" ? No one. It's not because they are doing nothing at the moment that they don't care about. They have mentioned multiple times in the group of testers that they want more users so your argument is totally false about.

Edited by SLOom
  • Award 3
  • Cool 1

• Advanced Members

As long as xat does not change this policy of releasing power weekly, trade will continue to die with each passing day. is to be honest 80% of the powers released lately only serve to keep all power. And yet it becomes tedious some weekly powers copying the old powers as if it were an updated version.
The right thing would be to release power monthly, over time, creators would have a chance to work better, creating decent powers worth buying.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, SLOom said:

Aren't you a contributor to make that possible? If you really want that to happen, open a thread in the contributor section, talk about that with the group and mention the admins. That's simple and fast.

You answered it yourself:

2 hours ago, SLOom said:

Do not think we never tried to make them release less powers but they most likely ignored the idea. Lafleur can confirm this.

Last time we brougt up the suggestion of a "function" power was in February 2017. It was implemented in early 2018. Other suggestions were left out and/or ignored.

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, lcky said:

Instead of Releasing powers in cheap cost , release them at bit expensive prices like 1000 - 1500 xats each . 

releasing cheap powers every week just kill the purpose of trading . even if someone tries to raise it , he cant cross 500 - 600 xats each

I think releasing more expensive powers consistently will just continue to alienate more users invested in powers.

I think the site needs a higher population before anything with powers happens. Letting people make a little bit more profit just comes off as a short term solution to make people a little more happy but maybe that is what the site needs who knows.

I think there's so many powers now that raising the price won't even matter. I don't think there is any reason to believe that more expensive powers will retain the same percentage increase that new powers show upon release.

2 hours ago, SLOom said:

Power price has to be fair when it doesn't have a big "potential" (E.g: smiley power). It has to be fair for people that have less than 1000 xats in their wallet. When Ruby went out in store for 100k, you all got mad because:

• it was super expensive
  • It was crashing xat store

When old users I have known visit xat and we talk about powers it's not really the 100k tag behind ruby that we find funny or are frustrated about but rather the fact that ruby was stripped from the old everypower and then given the 100k tag.

The admins didn't catch enough heat for this move probably because there wasn't enough people on the site.

Edited by Damien

• Volunteers
53 minutes ago, Sydno said:

You answered it yourself:

Last time we brougt up the suggestion of a "function" power was in February 2017. It was implemented in early 2018. Other suggestions were left out and/or ignored.

Keep nagging if you want something .. I had suggested the "Sline" suggestion from the forums to the admins. 1 week later, the suggestion was made.

The problem here is, you don't "nag" them enough. If you really want the thing, you would do anything to get it. A forum post is never enough and it won't get attention from them.

Other suggestions were left out and/or ignored. - I can only see the reason of "it's hard to do" or "too much work". Admins are only up to suggestions that are easy to do and not so long to do. I asked a billion times for a new game but they said it was too much "difficult" especially when it's multiplayer.

38 minutes ago, Damien said:

When old users I have known visit xat and we talk about powers it's not really the 100k tag behind ruby that we find funny or are frustrated about but rather the fact that ruby was stripped from the old everypower and then given the 100k tag.

I can agree, but the price was justified with the fact that we had a "jewel" effect with Ruby. At the beginning, we were about to have a "Jewel" power for 10,000 xats but they changed it with Ruby power.

The 100k price is also followed by a pattern (This is just a theory I had before)

• Purple is 25k in store.
  • Gold is 50k in store. (Purple price * 2 = 50k)
  • Ruby is 100k in store. (Gold price * 2 = 100k).

We can assume that 100k comes from this pattern if the theory is correct.

Edited by SLOom

• Volunteers
22 minutes ago, SLOom said:

The problem here is, you don't "nag" them enough. If you really want the thing, you would do anything to get it. A forum post is never enough and it won't get attention from them.

After all those years, we know that for sure as well. But most of the time, still it doesn't work. There is no miracle solution and sometimes these suggestions are just never brought up to the table. I understand your position on this: "if they do not hear you, then you're not saying it enough". Sometimes we're just not listened.

• Bot Service Providers
4 hours ago, SLOom said:

Who said they don't care about "ads" ? No one. It's not because they are doing nothing at the moment that they don't care about. They have mentioned multiple times in the group of testers that they want more users so your argument is totally false about.

Did you see me in "group of testers? I think not. So then, like any other user I can say in my opnion whatever that we see/think. We all think same, they don't care ya cuz never said/did nothing. I talk by myself, not an group, later when you read this post will be too late.

4 hours ago, SLOom said:

Let's make function every week and slow down the HTML5 development (It's already slow enough like that). Plus we have some small functions so they are not fully "smileys power". ;) 

If creating function powers is an issue then dont make nothing, a lot of users talking this, weekly powers are going to make trade dies. (Users which I think spend more of their time in trading chats than me, you or admins). Not going to talk about prices since you can get a car using EP's money R$(we are the most active community / brazilians).

1 hour ago, SLOom said:

Keep nagging if you want something .. I had suggested the "Sline" suggestion from the forums to the admins. 1 week later, the suggestion was made.

You're assuming that user suggestions will be ignored, then your guys can decide which idea may be read by admins. Look, is this really fair? Since everyone here pay per extensive powers, why can't them suggest powers and be considered? As other said, just being ignored by xat staff.

Then, all your arguments are invalid/false.

Edited by Laming
fixed.
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

ok , now let me be honest @SLOom

not much but i thinks last 30 - 40 powers have been released at such cheap rates like 200 - 300 which had no good impact on market .

and talking about those small users , 

if you see the position of trade , those users doesnt even care to keep those powers , ultimately , big users have to buy them and which gives them nothing but just loss of xats . 

Infact ,  if the powers will release at expensive prices , those small users will have higher chances of getting more profit as well as it will improve the market condition of Trade . 

Also , people have lost thier interest in all of these small powers since every week one comes , and people forget about the last ones . 

If there will be a power release once a month , they will get some time to get involve with a power . some can collect , some can profit . Rather than just buying it once and throw it into the bin when next week another one comes . 

and secondly , there is a big difference between 100k and 1k . 

it is completely unrealistic . 

The major issue is most of the Trade users doesnt even have accounts on forum , so they cant edxpress thier condition . 

But once if You go yourself to the chat and ask users about this issue , they will tell you what is required . 

Releasing a power every week is just making a good power useless . 

even if some no use power release and people get time to get involve with the power , that power wil automatically become favorite for many users . all they need is to spend some time with every new power . 

releasing 4 powers a month @ 200 - 300 , its better to release one best power @ 1000 - 1500 and let people collect them and raise it . 

Also when they release 4 powers a month , it become way much difficult for those users to keep adding new power to everypower , and its getting very hard to remember all those powers to trade Everypower safely . Powers a re adding to list very quickly , it has already crossed the mark of 500 . 

Edited by lcky
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

unfortunately xat no longer has much future in the internet world,the users lose the motivation when seeing the new powers,

and the only thing they do is ignore the need of users,you need people who want to progress and not a company that only cares about billing and not investing

• Wiki Editors

This reply will be very similar to a recent reply of mine to a Contributor-only topic. Here's the other side of the story.

Basically, every time Chrome is updated, it becomes harder to browse on xat (or any other Flash-based website.) This will eventually get to the point that users will become tired and eventually leave the site for that reason - and that's if Flash hasn't been blocked by then. This is a really serious matter, and as of recently it's no longer a rumor, but a fact: HTML5 is the future of xat. Now that we have estabilished this, you all have to understand that the admins need to focus in the development of the HTML5 chat, if they want to continue it. They do not ignore you because they do not care about you, or because they only want to make profit (which they obviously do, but anyone who has had a minor interaction with them would know that they care a lot about this site), they simply do not have time.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:26 AM, HelperNate said:

Agreed! Suggestions made on forum should take about 2 weeks to a month to be considered by the volunteers and admins, and after that period, the suggesting user should get notified that if it's good enough to add, it will be added as soon as possible, or if it's bad, should be told it won't be added and provide a reason for not being accepted. Also, xat's main priority should be to finish developing Mobile and HTML5 in preparation of Flash not being supported anymore. I can understand that it wants every opportunity to make money, but yes, I also agree with the point that powers should not be released on a weekly basis at a cheap rate, and instead released monthly for a larger price.

Nathan, as a Contributor, I expected you to know that they do not have time to review and respond to every suggestion. You should also know that Volunteers do not decide whether  or not suggestions are able to be introduced into the site.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:58 AM, Laming said:

I disagree. Smiley powers are the faces of xat. Do I like every power that xat has made? No. But at the end of the day, it keeps the site alive, and people like them.

# No support, yet have lot of help chats the real support via ticket is zero.

This is not true. If you go to https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:MyLanguage/Ticket_times you will find updated information regarding the status of the various ticket departments.

Provided that we are talking about a Flash-based site, and we know that Flash is being discontinued, this does not appear to be the best moment to advertise. However, this should be revisited as soon as we have a stable version of the HTML5 chat, with all power-based functionalities introduced and working.

# Nothing new, xat just changed design 2 times since it becames "chat" nothing new in design (website, a cool flat app etc) xat groups still lookin' like an 2000's website.

It's being worked on. See: https://forum.xat.com/topic/7834-html5-interface-update

# (NEW) If you buy xats which were stolen its your fault and you will lose your money by a xat fault instead of get the real source of the issue.

I don't see how this is xat's fault. Actually, they've always stated that you do so at your own risk and discretion and that they do not support, nor endorse this type of transaction. You should also take into consideration that removed items are often refunded to the original owner, and that xat can't refund the scammed user if they don't remove the items from the user that has the stolen items, otherwise people would start faking scams. Ultimately, it's solely your fault if you choose to do a risky transaction for a chance of making profit.

Edited by Arthur
Removed unecessary line break
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members

I'd say it mirrors deflation in a real-world economy. How do you fix it? Get more demand (more users) and decrease supply (fewer quantities of powers). As we saw with ruby, releasing expensive powers does not help.

1 hour ago, Arthur said:

Interesting that the "new" design is actually the same old design with a fresh coat of paint. Nothing new. This is what we should have had many years ago, and what we should be seeing now is an actually new design.

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors
6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Interesting that the "new" design is actually the same old design with a fresh coat of paint. Nothing new. This is what we should have had many years ago, and what we should be seeing now is an actually new design.

You got a point, but as I said, it's being worked on. Is this enough? Maybe not, but only time will tell. It's still good to see that they're working into something though.

• Bot Service Providers
3 hours ago, Arthur said:

I disagree. Smiley powers are the faces of xat. Do I like every power that xat has made? No. But at the end of the day, it keeps the site alive, and people like them.

Every week is not really needed, maybe one per month may be enough, at least they will have more time to do something better than "mix" lul.

This is not true. If you go to https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:MyLanguage/Ticket_times you will find updated information regarding the status of the various ticket departments.

Yes, really.... As main owner of a help chat you may know this exactly that a lot of users go assistance, help, ayuda, ajuda etc saying "MY TICKET IS DELAYED FOR X MONTHS" how can you call this? "NOOOOOOO LAMING, THEY ARE NOT IGNORING THE USERS!!!!!!!!" - say it by yourself.

Provided that we are talking about a Flash-based site, and we know that Flash is being discontinued, this does not appear to be the best moment to advertise. However, this should be revisited as soon as we have a stable version of the HTML5 chat, with all power-based functionalities introduced and working.

Yeah, you are talkin' about it right now, but xat has more than 12 years, never xat spent one cent with ads or something like.

Yes, after I posted my comment magically it appeared there.. one of my suggestions is finally made.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't see how this is xat's fault. Actually, they've always stated that you do so at your own risk and discretion and that they do not support, nor endorse this type of transaction. You should also take into consideration that removed items are often refunded to the original owner, and that xat can't refund the scammed user if they don't remove the items from the user that has the stolen items, otherwise people would start faking scams. Ultimately, it's solely your fault if you choose to do a risky transaction for a chance of making profit.

This is not related just to xats BOUGHT WITH REAL MONEY. E.g, I bought namecolor for 9800 xats, yeah? it is right, fair and yay, ok? or not? So... later I'm asked "Please login xat.com/login", I think "WTF HAPPENED THERE, LUL???" when I relogin I see lol my namecolor got scammed, what happened OMG??? I send ticket asking for it and your reply is "you bought a power scammed, then we removed it from your account" - REKT YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR XATS AND YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR POWER.

It is really unfair, this wouldn't happen, refund the user and get back the power for xat or whatever, look the real source of it or whatever.

This already happened to me and some friends, so I know it is true, do not try to say this is false.

Edited by Laming
adding info/removing break line
  • Award 1

• Volunteers

Yes, really.... As main owner of a help chat you may know this exactly that a lot of users go assistance, help, ayuda, ajuda etc saying "MY TICKET IS DELAYED FOR X MONTHS" how can you call this? "NOOOOOOO LAMING, THEY ARE NOT IGNORING THE USERS!!!!!!!!" - say it by yourself.

This did happen a lot in the past months but I can guarantee you this does not happen anymore.

If you look carefully now on help chats, you won't see users complaining about the delays, which is pretty logical since the delays were terminated.

• Award 2

• Volunteers
7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Interesting that the "new" design is actually the same old design with a fresh coat of paint

Actually the same? Didn't know on the old design we had "dropdowns", a way to see if you are connected on an account and more "future" features. :s 

You're just pure negativity on the development of the page. You can judge the final product but not the beta of the product because it's not finished at all !

Nothing new.

Unaware of the future changes, your comment is not valid. 

Just a fun fact: The new webpage is still in beta. We will talk back later when all the good stuff are added and see if you are still saying that there is "nothing new". ;) 

This is funny how people are still complaining even if admins do the effort to change something. We are well on xat where people are NEVER happy of what admins are doing. They are late yeah, but better late than never.

This is what we should have had many years ago

Negative. Bootstrap 4 was released this year. Sorry buddy.

Yes the new web page uses the latest version of the Boostrap framework.

9 hours ago, Arthur said:

Basically, every time Chrome is updated, it becomes harder to browse on xat (or any other Flash-based website.)

It will never become harder to browse flash chat. Chrome is smart enough to add settings in their browser to still allow flash as well. 

Edited by SLOom
  • Award 3

• Wiki Editors
2 hours ago, SLOom said:

It will never become harder to browse flash chat. Chrome is smart enough to add settings in their browser to still allow flash as well. 

Scenario 1: You would use any xat.com funcionality without having to allow Flash to run.
Scenario 2: You would need to manually whitelist xat.com domains in order for fucntionalities to work (ticket included!)
Scenario 3: You need to allow Flash to run every time you open your browser in order to access a chat.

It does become harder. Although there's always a hidden option, that's not ideal, nor convenient. Users will eventually become tired of these, which is why I said that the HTML5 chat is the future of xat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Nobody lies that xat.com is dying every day

when there were 6 rooms in trade or cambio now there will only be 2 and 3 rooms to buy or sell some powers

The chat in general for all languages such as Spanish, English, Portuguese is dying and there are almost no people and each time they leave more because xat begins to bore or because there are no people with whom they have any conversation as there are also scammers and they never receive some support among other things.

Administrators should focus more on this than on html5 or get new powers every week because what happens if there are no people on xat will not work on any of this

the administrator should look for options or listen to suggestions and not let xat.com die and take it to a future and with html5 it could be one of the best alternatives and it would be the main one but at the moment I do not think this will work if there are no users.

xat.com could be one of the best chat that other online chat that there is online but if there is something that motivates them not to retire and return more and more people would be the best

I do not want xat to die I love xat.com and that's why I want to give this opinion and that something can be done before it's too late

Edited by iDani

• Advanced Members
15 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd say it mirrors deflation in a real-world economy. How do you fix it? Get more demand (more users) and decrease supply (fewer quantities of powers). As we saw with ruby, releasing expensive powers does not help.

i would like to say this again , there is a huge difference between 1k and 100k.

like 90% of xat users can afford power like 1k - 1500 rather than power cost 100k which is not affordable by every one .

Also there is a need to change in everything . so why just keep doing same again and again . atleast give a try and see what can we get with new changes rather than just keeping thinking and let it die .