Which door would you take?

HelperNate

• Advanced Members

I saw this in an Instagram post once, and I want to know what you might pick.

88Tpz7a.png

-image from the game "The Stanley Parable"

Imagine this: You have come to a hallway with 2 doors: a red door, and a blue door. Which door would you pick?

• Pick the red door and you will go 15 years into the future with $50 million retaining your current life knowledge
  • Pick the blue door and you will go back to the point in your life where it is your 10th birthday, but you retain your current life knowledge
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

This is a tough one.

If I had to pick, I would pick the blue door to go back to my 10th birthday, only because I would be 15 years closer to my death. I have a thing with dying, I want to live a long life.

Then again, I would also pick the red door to have $50M at the age of 36....

I can't decide!

• Moderators

I would pick the blue door. 

I would avoid some issues that i think would have changed everything, i would avoid a critical event which destabilized my family relationship and theirs among each other and events which harmed the lives of people close to me. If i had some time before picking the door, i would save the winning lottery numbers from when I was 10 years old or a little older and save the gains to invest on bitcoin a few years later.

• Award 3

• Members

This is a no brainer type of question. I'd pick the red door, because it's hard enough to make $1 million these days, but with $50 million you could do so many things in the world and buy whatever you pretty much want.

I don't see the point in going back in time since there wasn't as much technology back then as we have now, and there wasn't that much to do in the past anyways. But with $50 million, I could buy so much technology such as consoles, phones, computers, etc or start my own major tech company as well. It's better to live in the future than in the past anyways.

Edited by Aspect

• Members

Blue. As some others stated, being about to go back and fix some mistakes, avoid certain things from happening.. although, I do believe that certain experiences make us who we are today, and because of that I wouldn't change some of the things that caused my family and I pain, I would change some of the small things, that way it would've been a bit easier for us to handle the situations we found ourselves in. 

• Award 1

• 4 months later...
  • Volunteers

Is it possible not to take a door?

I don't regret anything and don't want to revive my past. However, I don't think 15 years of my life is worth $50M. That's a lot but I can't afford to lose 15 years. I also doubt I would be able to use it all after anyway.

• Award 1

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Advanced Members

This is hard.... I would pick the blue door and then make something that I know is meant to come out in the future that is going to be successful (my present right now) so I'm rich. GG

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Members

I would certainly pick the blue door. I would much rather be 10 years old again and relive the happier memories of being a child and not having much care in the world (and do a hell of a lot of things differently!) :~)

• Advanced Members

I don't prefer the blue door. because no one remembered my tenth birthday. my tenth birthday was a bad day. I don't want to remember my past. I choose the red door. because inside the red door a beautiful future awaits me.

• 2 months later...
  • Contributors

I would definitely choose the blue door, and there is no doubt about it.

I would like to have the opportunity to live all the moments in my life, knowing everything I know now.

I would appreciate some people more, I would live more intensely some moments, I would stress less for some problems, already knowing that they will be resolved.

I don't care about the $ 50M. Money is not worth as much as seeing my loved ones alive again, even for a moment.

I can make money but I can not revive people. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...