Volunteer badge in HTML5

LaFleur

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Yes, the volunteers wiki article provides a list with all volunteers and their ID's, however, the majority of users likely aren't aware of this.

Although this is true, sometimes when i'm in a help chat, people come to ask questions about a ''volunteer'' telling them their account has been compromised. This happens all the time. Not all users know about the wiki nor the names of all xat volunteers. For me, this will be really usefull and i sure hope it gets done.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
18 hours ago, Laming said:

Is it being added just to html5?

If yes so I don't think it may be useful,

If it be added to flash / mobile devices, yes, it's ok.

It's not being added. As of now it's just a suggestion for HTML5, the reason for that I've mentioned above. 

Regarding Mobile, most features which are implemented into HTML5 are usually added into Mobile too, thus I didn't mention it.

• Advanced Members

I tried to find a point of insecurity in this suggestion. So i tried to change the color of the emoji " " and place it in my nick next to my homepage. (This wasn't possible and less than 5% of chance to look like to the "original suggestion") So i see it safe.

(Maybe someone can try to replicate the emoticon with another combination.)

I agree with this suggestion and i see it totally necessary. uUbI5pq.gif

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, Aspect said:

Won't users just try to become volunteers just to have this badge without putting in any real effort?

No, because no one can become a Volunteer without a real effort and a hard work. Anyway, remember that it's up to Admins to decide who deserves to become a Volunteer.

• Award 1

• Members
4 hours ago, Solange said:

No, because no one can become a Volunteer without a real effort and a hard work. Anyway, remember that it's up to Admins to decide who deserves to become a Volunteer.

I understand, I simply mean that users would try and become volunteers just for the sake of having a badge and not actually caring about xat.

• Bot Service Providers
26 minutes ago, Aspect said:

I understand, I simply mean that users would try and become volunteers just for the sake of having a badge and not actually caring about xat.

Actually this happened already, badge or not it will stay same.

I just think if it be added to HTML5 also needs to be added to the mobile and Flash, since nobody uses HTML5, well, atleast I can see.

Edited by Laming

• Advanced Members
20 minutes ago, Laming said:

I just think if it be added to HTML5 also needs to be added to the mobile and Flash, since nobody uses HTML5, well, atleast I can see.

I'd agree with this statement heavily. Especially since I'm sure adding a small edit as simple as a check mark isn't going to take much time to implement on all three platforms.