Guide to staying safe on xat!

Aspect

• Members

Hello everyone,

Over the years on xat I've witnessed many being exposed and having their personal information leaked on xat. I've never had a problem with this since I know how to keep my personal information safe. I thought I should make this guide to teach you all how to have anonymity on xat.

NOTE: This thread is not meant to start controversy! It's simply a guide for newer users on xat to learn how to stay safe on xat.

Here are some rules you should follow to stay safe on xat:

Rule 1: Do not click on suspicious links that look like IP loggers or are meant to capture other personally identifiable information, and do not give out your main social media profiles to random users unless you trust them. You can also use many website scanners to determine if a link is suspicious or not such as VirusTotal. They are usually red flagged by your antivirus program and browser depending on the type of link someone gives you anyway.

Rule 2: Do not visit ixat's (xat private servers) the owner of any server are smart web developers and will usually logs IP addresses when users register on them. This is the most dangerous way someone can get your IP address. If you've found an ixat, you should report it to xat via by going to xat.com/ticket under the department "Report Phishing Site".

Rule 3: Do not use your real personal information on xat! If you must give out information, use fake information.

Rule 4: Always use a VPN or proxy when on xat or if you visit any IRC based chats. (I do not recommend using VPNS or proxies for malicious purposes), only use them to protect your IP address from the public.

Rule 5: Don't use old accounts. As we all know, xat suffered a major databreach in 2015. Mostly all old accounts prior to 2015 are in that leaked database meaning that 9 digits are no longer safe to use unless you re-register them. It is recommended for everyone to register a new 10 digit ID to stay safe from doxes (pastebins that expose your personal information).

Rule 6: Know who xat staff and volunteers are. If a user is claiming to be impersonating xat staff or a volunteer, you can type in !vols in any official chat to confirm if they are really a volunteer or not. The only xat staff that exist which I'm aware of is TOM2 and 42 (Chris and Darren).

Rule 7: Use xat's security options to protect your accounts. You can find them on the login page after logging in.

I know most of you already know these steps, but I've decided to make this guide for newer users who do not know anything about xat, and the dangerous users that may lurk on xat. Hopefully this guide will save a lot of users the stress from having any their personal information possibly leaked.

Edited by Aspect

• Members
1 minute ago, Leandro said:

Although this a very good guide, xat already has a guide to stay safe on xat! you can check it out on https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

There's xats and Days GuidePhishing Guide and Account Security!

That's good to know. Although my steps are a bit more advanced than on those guides. Thank you for your response.

• Bot Service Providers
26 minutes ago, Aspect said:

Rule 5: Don't use old accounts. As we all know, xat suffered a major databreach in 2015. Mostly all old accounts prior to 2015 are in that leaked database meaning that 9 digits are no longer safe to use unless you re-register them. It is recommended for everyone to register a new 10 digit ID to stay safe from doxes (pastebins that expose your personal information).

I like your post, but this part is not true all k1, k2 and whatever were updated, including the passwords that were also reset. I think if you feel unsafe you can contact xat ticket and ask them to change your account email.

Edited by Laming
  • Award 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Laming said:

I like your post, but this part is not true all k1, k2 and whatever were updated, including the passwords that were also reset. I think if you feel unsafe you can contact xat ticket and ask them to change your account email.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid that changing your email won't matter since all of your old data is still stored in the old database anyway.

Edited by Aspect
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
51 minutes ago, Aspect said:

Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid that changing your email won't matter since all of your old data is still stored in the old database anyway.

changing email & other stoof = they have no way to know the new info for your acct (is what he's saying)

it does matter and should be done xd

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, oj said:

changing email & other stoof = they have no way to know the new info for your acct (is what he's saying)

it does matter and should be done xd

Nobody who's out to get someone is gonna try jack their xat account. :P