Rewards for helping

HelperNate

• Advanced Members

It's just an idea, but I think users who help on General Support forum should be rewarded for their work. For every help request they answer, they should get rewarded something like 1 point for each vote up on a good answer and 5 points for best marked answer. After they have accumulated enough points, they can redeem their points for a free reward on a reward tab that can be placed on the top of the forum page.

1awwgRf.png

Sh3rr3I.png

Within that rewards tab, they can redeem their points for free rewards for something like free xats or free powers. These are just sample ideas, and I have no idea how much they're worth in the point currency I'm suggesting. After the redeem request has been sent, it will be sent as a message to forum staff and the request will also be marked as a topic that only the applying user and forum staff can see. When the reward is claimed, the topic will be marked as claimed.

KyK5f1f.png

19o2VS0.png

l1nrbiA.png

FVB0mI8.png

Users can also keep track of their score on their forum profile too, near where the community reputation score would be as well as their pending reward requests. And to ensure that users don't abuse this, they should be limited down to something like 3 redemptions a week.

• Award 1
  • No 2

• Administrators

Angelo pretty much summed up why this won't happen. Most importantly:

4 hours ago, Angelo said:

The problem with a points based system is that it could be easily spoofed with multiple accounts and your friends.

There's no way to conveniently verify the legitimacy of votes given to posts in General Support.

• Award 2

• Members

Hey guys let-s make one new power to have badge forum and to be visible on xat room and this will work will help!

If people help here will earn one badge on chat !

Is one suggestion!

1 -  Gold badge Top helper

2 - Silver badge Medium helper

3 - Bronze Begginer helper

Need minimum 50 100 point to earn Bronze !

And will go up to 500 1000 points for gold badge!

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Hey guys let-s make one new power to have badge forum and to be visible on xat room and this will work will help!

If people help here will earn one badge on chat !

Is one suggestion!

1 -  Gold badge Top helper

2 - Silver badge Medium helper

3 - Bronze Begginer helper

Need minimum 50 100 point to earn Bronze !

And will go up to 500 1000 points for gold badge!

The bronze, silver and gold badges sound cool. But would it be possible to have a power or chat feature that unlocks after achieving something on the forums?

As others have said, it will also likely be abused. It might even damage the helping system if a user's friends are constantly upvoting their answers instead of a more informative/accurate one in an attempt to gain the title. 

Helping on the forums eventually rewards itself, in my opinion. It's a way of gaining credibility as a helper, which can lead to new opportunities.

• Volunteers

Also it's far away from actually giving people "what they deserve".

What about the dozens of users that help daily on the help chats?

They certainly put more effort, time and competence on helping users directly from the chat room.

Where do we draw the line on rewarding people for what they do through posts, and what they do through chat messages?

I feel the current "rewarding plan" for forums works fine.

If you are a helper, and often do posts in a few months volunteers will notice you and tell xat to reward you on test power(s)  

• Award 3

• Wiki Translators

In my opinion it should better stay as it is, because as mentioned above it will be definitely abused  from users they just help to get any position or something else.

"If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness." (Unknown) 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I agree with what has been said above, the system can be easily abused by people creating new accounts "to make questions and answering them on their own accounts" as mentioned by Leandro. I am happy with the current rewarding plan for forums.