Wallet Power

Devious

• Members

Ever curious to see how many xats or days a user has, but they don't have show power or didn't enable it?

Well, with this new wallet power you will be able to spy on how many xats and days a user has regardless if they have show or if it isn't enabled.

To use this power a user would need to pay 100 xats for every user they want to spy on.

• No 6
  • Confused 2

• Advanced Members

I think the right thing should not be to create a power to see the xats / days of a suario, the correct thing would be to publish that without the power (show). And yet, as Nathan mentioned this would be a invasion of the user's privacy.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
45 minutes ago, HelperNate said:

Even so, it's still an invasion of privacy.

I agree!

That's why we have the power SHOW, people choose if they want to show their xats/days or not. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

What on earth made you suggest this? Do you seriously want to go around spending your own xats just to see how much loot users have. We have show for a reason and this goes completely against users privacy.

Definitively not..

• Award 5
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Members

As originally said by @HelperNate, this is an invasion of a person's privacy. Whether they want to show their content or not is up to them and that standard shouldn't change. It's an option they have since Admins have allowed it that way. It would only be logical if Admins made it so that your xat's and days showed (like your powers) by default, because then everyone would have to show it, and it's fair that way. The only reason you would need this is to catch people who lie saying, "I don't have any xats or days to give you." Even then, it's not necessary because if someone doesn't want to give you xats or days, that's the problem of the user you're asking/begging (even though it wouldn't be good to lie imo). Other than that, I don't see why you would need this.

• Members

Privacy? There is no privacy on xat... xat is not a safe social network to use if you're concerned about privacy.

And if users harass each other over the amount of xats and days they have, they can just put each other on ignore. Simple as that.

I don't see how this is an invasion of privacy since it isn't showing that much sensitive information.

Edited by Devious

• Advanced Members

I would definitely not support this power suggestion.

1 hour ago, Arthur said:

I can see where this came from, however I don't think it's a good idea. We already have Show that provides the opposite functionality, making this counter-power. I understand why someone would want to pay to hide the amount of xats/days that they have for privacy reasons - to avoid major begging or show-off in order to prove a point, e.g. I have the xats for the ID I'm buying, however I can't think of a scenario where you'd want to pay to see someone else's xats/days. That sounds creepy.

I imagine being bombarded everyday from users who would beg for free days and xats. This can be very annoying and would also attract scammers and would leads to more scams, they'll know who they can scam if they know the user has a big sum amount of xats and days. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I am Sorry but I agree with most of the comments here . 

I don't think this would be a good Idea at all , and Beside Show already says how much a user has :S  when its activated :S . 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Devious said:

Privacy? There is no privacy on xat... xat is not a safe social network to use if you're concerned about privacy.

And if users harass each other over the amount of xats and days they have, they can just put each other on ignore. Simple as that.

I don't see how this is an invasion of privacy since it isn't showing that much sensitive information.

Privacy is a noun and by definition (Google) is the state or condition of being free from being observed or disturbed by other people. Sensitive info doesn't have to be exposed for your privacy to be invaded. If someone pays to see something someone else doesn't want to be shown, it's an invasion of their privacy.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
41 minutes ago, CarlosDesigns said:

Privacy is a noun and by definition (Google) is the state or condition of being free from being observed or disturbed by other people. Sensitive info doesn't have to be exposed for your privacy to be invaded. If someone pays to see something someone else doesn't want to be shown, it's an invasion of their privacy.

If you want to be pedantic, it's actually a legal term and unfortunately isn't as simple as "seeing something someone else doesn't want shown".

The intrusion into the personal life of another, without just cause, which can give the person whose privacy has been invaded a right to bring a lawsuit for damages against the person or entity that intruded.

An otherwise non-public individual has a right to privacy from: a) intrusion on one's solitude or into one's private affairs; b) public disclosure of embarrassing private information; c) publicity which puts him/her in a false light to the public; d) appropriation of one's name or picture for personal or commercial advantage.

Unfortunately, your xats don't come under the law and this power would create a just cause regardless and therefore would not constitute an invasion of privacy. ;)

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

If you want to be pedantic, it's actually a legal term and unfortunately isn't as simple as "seeing something someone else doesn't want shown".

Of course, but if I don't want people knowing how many xats I have, then they shouldn't know. They're mine and I can do what I chose with them (including showing or hiding them).