Biggest phobia?

Spawn

• Advanced Members

It's late in the night and I just want to start a topic where everybody can talk.

What are your biggest phobias that you have? I have two phobias that scare me which are, the fear of spiders (arachnophobia), and the fear of death (thanatophobia). I probably have a lot more, but just can't think of any. :p

What about you?

• Award 2
  • Wow 1

• Advanced Members
21 hours ago, Ravey said:

These are the most common but i think i have more

Coulrophobia - Fear of Clowns 

Arachnophobia - Fear of Spiders

Acrophobia - Fear of Heights 

Thanatophobia - Fear of Death

I also am afraid of heights, but I'm slowly trying to conquer that fear! Never had a problem with clowns before though.

20 hours ago, DUYGU said:

To lose people I love is my biggest phobia,I want to not lose people I love

To lose people I love is my biggest phobia,I want to not lose people I love

I totally understand this. 

Edited by Spawn

• Advanced Members

I have a phobia for wasps, it's really bad. It's weird and i have no idea where it comes from, I've only been stung once in my life and it was when i was around 11 years old. I'm not afraid of any other insects it's literally just wasps. 

• Volunteers

I wouldn't call it a phobia - because I don't think I have an actual phobia - but I'm very regularly doing some weird dreams that freak me out.

First of all, I have sleep paralysis which often leads me to see shapes of people sitting on my bed and staring at me during the night while I can't move, or moving around... I'm somehow used to it but that's awful.

Then, there's this weird dream where an airplane crashes on my house. It's very regular. Sometimes it's me when I'm a kid and the airplane crashes on my grand-parents house. Sometimes it crashes on my mother home, sometimes it crashes on my flat. It's a kind of phobia because I'm starting to be afraid of taking an airplane. I just feel/have nightmares of people screaming around in a flight and then crashing on my house, before a long silence and where the landscape is completely destroyed. :(

• Wow 3

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Sydno said:

I wouldn't call it a phobia - because I don't think I have an actual phobia - but I'm very regularly doing some weird dreams that freak me out.

First of all, I have sleep paralysis which often leads me to see shapes of people sitting on my bed and staring at me during the night while I can't move, or moving around... I'm somehow used to it but that's awful.

Then, there's this weird dream where an airplane crashes on my house. It's very regular. Sometimes it's me when I'm a kid and the airplane crashes on my grand-parents house. Sometimes it crashes on my mother home, sometimes it crashes on my flat. It's a kind of phobia because I'm starting to be afraid of taking an airplane. I just feel/have nightmares of people screaming around in a flight and then crashing on my house, before a long silence and where the landscape is completely destroyed. :(

I think I understand you. I have similar problems, sometimes I dream of several random things happening at the same time. 

I'm afraid (I don't know if it's phobia) from horror movies. Maybe because in childhood they made me have bad dreams.

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Sydno said:

i know a good doctor, dm 

im afraid of bugs lol

Edited by Lunala

• Members

Most people seek treatment for phobias when they start interfering with their lives.
Or they don't, and live with them.(scn)

I am afraid of drowning. (swt)
It happens when I accidentally breathe in some water, then I panic and claw my way to the surface.
That doesn't stop me from swimming, though.

• Advanced Members
17 hours ago, Sydno said:

Sleep paralysis...that must be a scary one. Thankfully, I don't believe I've experienced that before and if I did, I have no idea how or what to do in that situation. Good luck to you on that! And, maybe you should talk to somebody about that dream including the sleep paralysis. 

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...