Power: Dailyspin

SethTI

• Volunteers

I really like this idea!

Although, how is it worth for xat if you can win at least a day everyday? This sounds like an eternal subscription feature that would only cost 1,000 - 1,500 xats.

I suggest the spin is daily but you only get rewarded once in a week. Or the spin is weekly if you have been online every single day in the week. This would allow loyal users to be rewarded and would balance the rewards. Even this way, rewards are too high. On average, you win 63.8 xats per spin, i.e almost 5 days. It's a lot, even weekly.

If the average is 50 xats a week, then it looks more balanced. Supposing you are active every single day, then you win 2,600 on average in a year. This is not negligible.

There is also a problem with multiple accounts, this would easily be abused.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Sydno said:

I really like this idea!

Although, how is it worth for xat if you can win at least a day everyday? This sounds like an eternal subscription feature that would only cost 1,000 - 1,500 xats.

I suggest the spin is daily but you only get rewarded once in a week. Or the spin is weekly if you have been online every single day in the week. This would allow loyal users to be rewarded and would balance the rewards. Even this way, rewards are too high. On average, you win 63.8 xats per spin, i.e almost 5 days. It's a lot, even weekly.

If the average is 50 xats a week, then it looks more balanced. Supposing you are active every single day, then you win 2,600 on average in a year. This is not negligible.

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah, the multiple accounts thing would be a pain.. (Though, that's why it's expensive! Maybe it could be even more expensive, if needed. It could even be an epic power that costs about 10k xats.)

Edited by SethTI

• Wiki Translators

Good idea, this power can be epic with price 20-50k xats, and you can use only in one account for one day ( if you used spin this day you can't trade with other account, you need to wait next 24h, e.g.. something like assigned group power) .With this we solve problem for multiple accounts. Why is it so expensive? Because if you are every day on xat with the years this power give you free xats.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

Good idea, this power can be epic with price 20-50k xats, and you can use only in one account for one day ( if you used spin this day you can't trade with other account, you need to wait next 24h, e.g.. something like assigned group power) .With this we solve problem for multiple accounts. Why is it so expensive? Because if you are every day on xat with the years this power give you free xats.

It's a power that gives you "free xats" but it's not giving you a fortune either. I agree that this power costs around 1000 xats because it is a power that can help the less favored users to get some cheap powers..

44 minutes ago, Sydno said:

Maybe xat can implement the same method that xat store uses for the max powers purchased. I mean, when you try to buy for the second time powers limited by units, a message appears like: ** Try again in 4 minutes ** In this case could appear the hours that you have left to get prize again, like: ** Try again in 6 days 23h 59m . ** (Assuming this is every week)

I also think that this power could be a problem for ticket departments. We do not know how effective this power could be, i mean, it would not be the first time that the xats would not be add into your account and you should open a ticket under the payments problems department. So i think the number of tickets of this department would be affected by this power if it does not work properly. Users will want to claim their prize even if prize is 25 xats.

I like the suggestion, I support the suggestion, I am sure that this suggestion will be well accepted by the xat users, but there are many points to keep in mind.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Due to xat's based headquarters, it might not be legally viable to make such feature exist.

I've suggested a feature that works like CS:GO crates 2-4 years ago and it got rejected because of legal issues.

https://www.begambleaware.org/understanding-gambling/how-is-gambling-regulated/

https://www.gamblingsites.com/online-gambling-jurisdictions/uk/

(xat is +14)

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, Cupim said:

Due to xat's based headquarters, it might not be legally viable to make such feature exist.

I've suggested a feature that works like CS:GO crates 2-4 years ago and it got rejected because of legal issues.

https://www.begambleaware.org/understanding-gambling/how-is-gambling-regulated/

https://www.gamblingsites.com/online-gambling-jurisdictions/uk/

(xat is +14)

Correct me if I'm wrong but in CS:GO crates, everyone is betting a weapon or money and the winner takes it all?

This is gambling and is not legal in UK.

In this suggestion, you would buy a power to access to a spin that gives you free rewards regularly. There is no gamble, you buy something and you regularly win something. There's no loosers, no bets, no risks, hence why it is not gambling and should be totally legal.

• Volunteers
17 minutes ago, Sydno said:

In this suggestion, you would buy a power to access to a spin that gives you free rewards regularly. There is no gamble, you buy something and you regularly win something. There's no loosers, no bets, no risks, hence why it is not gambling and should be totally legal.

"no bets, no risks" in theory if you're paying for something to randomly obtain something out of it even if it's from a premade selection it would still be considered a luck system which could be labeled as "gambling". 

I may be wrong though. I'm posting these for reference so that the idea gets stronger and possibly made (if viable)

Thanks comrade. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Sydno said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but in CS:GO crates, everyone is betting a weapon or money and the winner takes it all?

This is gambling and is not legal in UK.

idk what cupim meant, but this is what csgo case opening is, skip to like 2:50 

not betting & winner takes all, (though there are cs:go gambling sites);

they buy a box & a key, open it, and get a random thing with differing rarities

Edited by oj
  • Award 1

• Volunteers
4 hours ago, Sydno said:

This sounds fairly similar to Black Friday pre-2015, when users were given the chance to win a power at random by buying a (BLACKFRIDAY) in the powers store. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't see why not, it is a good idea, and maybe something to add (if you want it):

What if the wheel is designed with a couple of games in which you'll have to win in order to win the xats? There would be 3-4 different little games in which you'll have around 40-50 seconds to win the prices.

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Leandro said:

I don't see why not, it is a good idea, and maybe something to add (if you want it):

What if the wheel is designed with a couple of games in which you'll have to win in order to win the xats? There would be 3-4 different little games in which you'll have around 40-50 seconds to win the prices.

The games thing sounds a bit too much to do just for a few xats- I think it'd make people less motivated to try to win just about the little amount of xats.

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Sydno said:

That is gambling and is not legal in the U.K.  

Of course gambling is legal in the U.K?? The only real restriction is that if there’s a possibility that you can’t win anything worth your bet, then it’s illegal (and age, of course). 

6 hours ago, Sydno said:

This is still gambling, it’s a game of chance. You spend, say, 500 xats to win up to something worth 10,000 xats. However, this is allowed under U.K. law and I’m sure would also be considered low stake or prize gambling which has no age restriction either. 

If this was to be made, a power that would give you free daily spins wouldn’t be very profitable for xat, it should be a one time purchase that gave you a random power, much like loot crates in CS:GO. There should be no legal issues surrounding it as... CS:GO seems to have no issues. Other games like League of Legends also have systems like this which are available to everyone. 

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, Devious said:

Your idea has a nice context to it.

But I don't like it because users can easily abuse this power for selfish reasons by logging on a VPN and switching accounts.

as stated above in some comments, this can be avoided with the high price of the power.

• Members
5 hours ago, SethTI said:

as stated above in some comments, this can be avoided with the high price of the power.

I understand that, but there are a lot of rich users on xat that could afford to buy this power several times. That's what I'm afraid of.

Edited by Devious
Changed "can" to could.