Social doesn't meet Official standards

Dallas

• Bot Service Providers

√√√ Let's have a SOCIAL life and drama won't happen*

Just like all the times, people doing drama for things like that, so why just @Mike reset the chat and keep himself as main, the staff as staff, bans clean and all the next bans ask staff to put reason + print/proof in the reason input, then if someone cry everything is public in the Events page.

I think is unnecessary a post about that.

Edited by Laming
  • No 1

• Advanced Members

I am actually utterly shocked that this is a valid thread, to me it is just a way to induce drama about personal feelings towards a chat. And I am even more shocked that volunteers are participating in assisting the drama.

Based on wiki... "official" has no official standards they must uphold, I'll quote the wiki: 

The term "Official" refers to ownership of the chat group by xat.com

Though xat.com staff do not run these chats, they are owned by xat.com and are managed by appointed users.

Now... WITH THAT BEING SAID... if you feel the chat is not following xats terms of service, or that the chat is not following promotion rules... there is a proper way in how you report these chats. Making a drama thread on forum is not one of these ways.

I urge everyone participating in this thread to put your personal feelings aside, chats change, they go through MANY changes and some of which you may NOT like... I have seen the same thing occur with xat5 and other official chats. If any of the promotion rules and/or Terms of service are being breached... You should report the chat, and that should be it.

Here are some links if you are unsure:

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Promotion

https://xat.com/terms.html

(notice how my personal feelings towards the chat or its members are not part of my post, your response shouldn't be either)

• Award 4
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, Dallas said:

Everyone that is staff on there is because of a merge with "Vibes" and "Lit."

Everyone seems to have a problem with this but is apparently forgetting what a merge is 

You expect them to bring over their whole userbase and none of their staff?

Of course people from those chats are going to be made staff, that's literally how a merge works ???

• Award 2
  • Haha 1

• Advanced Members

Personally, I believe that people deserve a chance to turn the chat around. If someone is the new main owner, just give them a chance. If there are problems happening in the chat, I'm well aware that the main owner of the chat notices the issues and is in the process of trying to fix it.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Dann said:

I am actually utterly shocked that this is a valid thread, to me it is just a way to induce drama about personal feelings towards a chat. And I am even more shocked that volunteers are participating in assisting the drama.

Although it may look like drama, this is a general discussion to have everyone put their input on a chatroom that is a auto-promo official chatroom, with that in mind, the way it's being ran doesn't seem like it upholds and represents xat as a whole in a positive way when new users join on the homepage, it's going to feel overwhelming. Everything I said was to give my concerns and input on things. I don't agree with how it's being ran, and I voiced my opinion. I hope Mike will take this thread seriously and use any negative feedback and positive feedback and reflect it on to Social. More users is great, but bad behaviors and bad moderation doesn't sit well, as well with the biasness, unfair bans, and friends being unbanned right away because they are close with the staff as everyone else will serve a ban until the time is up. Everyone should be treated equally, and not have any kind of favoritism. I don't mind this behavior when it was at another chatroom, because it wasn't a official chatroom, however, this is and should be treated professionally and not like a zoo.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Well my last reply got deleted for some unknown reason, but I figured I do actually have to add a thing.

If you don't like the chat, leave, and if the chat is ran incorrectly, it will become inactive on its own. Everything falls into place when things are done properly.

• Members

This is nothing but a drama thread and you all know it, there's more than one official chat so stop with the crying and go help out at another. As for the vols participating in this circus do yourself a favor and keep your reputation clean. You're better than this.

• Award 2
  • Haha 1

• Members
11 hours ago, Crow said:

This discussion isn't about whether volunteers should participate in topics like this.

Can I ask that we keep the discussion related to improving Social chat? :$

Well there’s only one way Social can be improved and that’s taking some action on where the current issues fall into place. Fellow users, volunteers, contributors and admins please stop avoiding this (I must edit; those who are avoiding the main issue still).

This has nothing to do with having so-called “beef” with any of the users running Social, it is HOW they run it. Obviously many people have a problem with how Social is operated if this thread is still relevant days after it has been made.

It only takes one bright person to acknowledge that and say we need to take action because nobody else will. If enough people do then surely something will be done about it. If not, fine - Social will die eventually. It took a lot of effort to make Social active again just for it to die out due to unethical moderation and operation of an Official chat.

It’s not just users “complaining” because they may not like the users, it’s genuine users being abused and banned, treated unfairly as opposed friends of Staff who are given a slap on the wrist when rules are violated. Can you not all see that? Pretending to be oblivious isn’t going to get Social anywhere. I highly recommend people take acknowledgement and initiate the change if Social is ever going to be fixed.

And for the people assuming I’m typing this due to the fact Mike is my ex, that was irrelevant 5 months ago. I’m just not happy with my forever ban over it (which claimed to have a “legitimate reason”), and if so, where is it, where is the evidence and where is a good enough reason for a forever ban and why could I never appeal? Because Mike refuses to talk to me after our past. Completely unjustified. At least Glitch and several other Staff have tried reasoning with Mike to let me appeal to my ban. I just wanted to lay this out so people didn’t get the wrong idea assuming I’m just being a spiteful ex. It seriously hasn’t got anything to do with this as maybe half of you would assume.

Bottom line is, and also the last time I’ll say anything here is that Social needs a main owner who will run it equally and fairly with no bias behaviour involved, who will stay active (and yes, I know Mike and Glitch are active), but we all know why it’s impossible to keep them running Social when there’s so much chaos. But chaos doesn’t appear out of nowhere people. Use your brains and common knowledge. Are these really the type of people you want setting an example to everybody and representing xat?

Edited by Angel
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Angel said:

Well there’s only one way Social can be improved and that’s taking some action on where the current issues fall into place. Fellow users, volunteers, contributors and admins please stop avoiding this.

As a Contributor, I assure you that we are not avoiding this, we already gave our recommendations and thoughts about Social's situation. It's up to admins to take actions now.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Solange said:

As a Contributor, I assure you that we are not avoiding this, we already gave our recommendations and thoughts about Social's situation. It's up to admins to take actions now.

As a somewhat active user of the Social chat and someone who has frequent official chats for over 4 years, I assure you that many users are happy to see an active chat and that users are being kicked and banned as deemed necessary. Although the chat might seem to come off as a toxic vibe, there simply might be non-interesting conversations which are deemed toxic to some people, but ultimately it is a public chatroom.

Wouldn't the best recommendations and opinions come from users who actually have been frequent users to the chat rather than a small group of users in which I guess roughly 15 percent of them actually frequent the chat?

• Award 1
  • Confused 1

• Bot Service Providers
11 hours ago, DUYGU said:

If every language is allowed in the social room, different nations become more active speakers and the conversation is revitalized.

yes i agree with you on this

I agree with you and I like this idea Chat is very strict, and they don't want to Social be international cuz they will lose their position as the only international.

• Advanced Members

I personally don't think Social should allow all languages, if they allow all languages, the chat would lost its purpose. Actually, the chat lost its purpose of being an English lobby when they allowed Spanish.

• Award 2
  • Haha 1

• Smiley Makers

Social has changed its policy on members, moderators and owners.

Currently we are waiting longer before giving out these ranks so people feel they have a chance to earn them. We give out temp mods to users we deem active and follow the rules to see what they are capable of.

All users are able to earn ranks on Social now. We are not bias so anyone including ex Social staff that quit have a chance once again if they wish to return to Social. Of course if they don't return that's their choice but we are giving that option to the users that feel like they may have unfairly been demoted from the chat. A forever banned user Dallas is now a member and active in the chat and has already earned temp mod so this should prove enough that we aren't bias.

If there's any further issues with Social and how it is managed then consult me privately. I don't see the point in this thread any further.

Thanks.

• Award 2

• Angelo locked this topic