Jump to content
Rexor

Disguise Power (for Staff)

Recommended Posts

Hey there, Rexor here!

 

Recently, I've came across an idea that in my opinion would be an awesome power! This power would be very useful for the main owners of chat's. Basically, the power I'm putting up for suggestion would be a power named "disguise". For example, main owners can disguise as any rank they please, owners can disguise as any rank lower than main owner, moderators can disguise any rank below moderator (members cannot use this power)  374KMYL.png

 

A brief description about this power:

I'm sure a lot of people who are staff on chats would love a new feature that would disguise them or make them blend in as other rank positions while being their current rank!

Basically, this feature would allow people to do all of that with a simple command such as ''/d mod'', which for example would disguise them to look like a moderator and go down

the list. For example, let's say I, Rexor was a main owner of the chatroom and were to use the disguise feature to blend in. An image is listed below.

4Hb1IKb.png

 

I'd basically blend in with the lower staff (moderators)

 

Basically, that's my suggestion for the power! In short, a power called ''disguise'' that disguises staff as any rank position they want such as moderator & member. 

I want to know your opinions and changes you would do to this!

 

Thanks,

Rexor

 

Edited by Rexor
  • Like 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, this idea isn't half bad. It's very easy to spot someone on $tealth, and moderators do not get the ability to use it.

However, I would suggest that if this power were to be made, that it be an assignable group power, as opposed to an individual power that each staff member must buy.

Why? Because it affects the group, not the individual! :-)

 

This would also mean the power must abide by gcontrol rules.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's not a bad idea, but I also think it could be a little confusing, imo. Anyway, I'd prefer a power or powers to demote yourself to Owner, Moderator and Member, something like guestself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adam_ said:

You know, this idea isn't half bad. It's very easy to spot someone on $tealth, and moderators do not get the ability to use it.

However, I would suggest that if this power were to be made, that it be an assignable group power, as opposed to an individual power that each staff member must buy.

Why? Because it affects the group, not the individual! :-)

 

This would also mean the power must abide by gcontrol rules.

That's also an awesome idea, Adam!

Thank you for leaving your feedback on my suggestion.

1 hour ago, Solange said:

I think it's not a bad idea, but I also think it could be a little confusing, imo. Anyway, I'd prefer a power or powers to demote yourself to Owner, Moderator and Member, something like guestself.

Yeah, I agree it may be a bit confusing but could also be super useful for people

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This potential power can be used in an abusive way, let your imagination go wild with examples of these since they're not hard to make up. But overall, why would you need this power? What is the usefulness of this? I don't understand why anyone would need such a thing as a staff. I think it should stand clear of who is what rank, so there is no confusion. I see nothing but trouble with this power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

This potential power can be used in an abusive way, let your imagination go wild with examples of these since they're not hard to make up. But overall, why would you need this power? What is the usefulness of this? I don't understand why anyone would need such a thing as a staff. I think it should stand clear of who is what rank, so there is no confusion. I see nothing but trouble with this power.

Could you please give me how the power could be abusive? I'm just wondering.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 7:05 AM, Solange said:

I think it's not a bad idea, but I also think it could be a little confusing, imo. Anyway, I'd prefer a power or powers to demote yourself to Owner, Moderator and Member, something like guestself.

I think that you can do this using the bot if you are the bot owner, for example using the [!mod me] command. Although, I like the idea having a power that has a function like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 9:22 PM, CarlosDesigns said:

This potential power can be used in an abusive way, let your imagination go wild with examples of these since they're not hard to make up. But overall, why would you need this power? What is the usefulness of this? I don't understand why anyone would need such a thing as a staff. I think it should stand clear of who is what rank, so there is no confusion. I see nothing but trouble with this power.

 

7 hours ago, Hydra said:

why would users want to disguise themselves?

 

This could be used for chats where bad users tend to break rules when there are no owners or moderators online. With this you would put your moderators/owners with member pawn and might surprise to bad users because they will think that there is no authority to kick/ban them. This will foment the "stop going to break rules when there are no mods/owners online" Since you would not know if the member is mod or owner.

(This is just an example)

 

Maybe this is not a fuction for all xats categories, but could be useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Samuel said:

This could be used for chats where bad users tend to break rules when there are no owners or moderators online. With this you would put your moderators/owners with member pawn and might surprise to bad users because they will think that there is no authority to kick/ban them. This will foment the "stop going to break rules when there are no mods/owners online" Since you would not know if the member is mod or owner.

No it won't, lol. Trolls are trolls and same with rule breakers. They're going to do it anyway, and they already do when mods are online. Mods+ should remain as they are visually to impose authority in the chat. I really don't see why people would need it.

 

On 8/9/2018 at 10:28 PM, Rexor said:

Could you please give me how the power could be abusive? I'm just wondering.

 

Thanks

The userbase is already filled with people who constantly troll, let's just put aside toons for a bit. Allowing this power would allow for people on chats to troll the ranks ranks and it would possible cause havoc. People could use this to look like they're "demoted" and then set a complaint and potentially have a staff member actually demoted.

  • Like 1
  • No 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding on, when users use !chatstaff on bot, staff using this power shouldn't fool bots. For example, if I was an owner and I was using the disguise power to make myself look like a member, I would still be listed as an owner on the bot's !chatstaff list. Also too, if I was an owner using the disguise power to make myself look like a member, it should still give main owners the option to demote me while it says member on my title even though I'm really an owner.

Edited by HelperNate
Added more information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a nice suggestion, but I think ranks aren't a top priority right now to be focusing on. Also use the search feature next time when posting suggestions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hydra said:

good point S4muel but hasn't this idea been suggested already?

https://forum.xat.com/topic/7182-group-power-rankself/?do=findComment&comment=82016

That was a simple idea of what you could do with this power. And yes, it has a certain similarity, but what i was referring to that if you are an owner and use this function so your pawn appears(disguise) as a member you could use kick/ban because actually your rank in the chat will be mod/owner.

With the suggestion mentioned you couldn't exert as an owner because if you are demoted to member you would lose the rank to be able to give kick/ban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Samuel said:

That was a simple idea of what you could do with this power. And yes, it has a certain similarity, but what i was referring to that if you are an owner and use this function so your pawn appears(disguise) as a member you could use kick/ban because actually your rank in the chat will be mod/owner.

With the suggestion mentioned you couldn't exert as an owner because if you are demoted to member you would lose the rank to be able to give kick/ban.

Unless you still have bot privileges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

No it won't, lol. Trolls are trolls and same with rule breakers. They're going to do it anyway, and they already do when mods are online. Mods+ should remain as they are visually to impose authority in the chat. I really don't see why people would need it.

 

The userbase is already filled with people who constantly troll, let's just put aside toons for a bit. Allowing this power would allow for people on chats to troll the ranks ranks and it would possible cause havoc. People could use this to look like they're "demoted" and then set a complaint and potentially have a staff member actually demoted.

I can agree that some users can be troll, however this power could be used in GControl. Though, most staff members on chat rooms are not ''trolls'' as you stated. I don't see how it can cause much havoc nor the fact that they can look like they're demoted and send a complaint about anything. There are logs for a reason to see certain things & most people investigate into the situation before taking action, Carlos.

 

Thank you for the response though!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rexor said:

I can agree that some users can be troll, however this power could be used in GControl. Though, most staff members on chat rooms are not ''trolls'' as you stated. I don't see how it can cause much havoc nor the fact that they can look like they're demoted and send a complaint about anything. There are logs for a reason to see certain things & most people investigate into the situation before taking action, Carlos.

 

Thank you for the response though!

A bit ironic you state that. Not every chat is an official chat that investigates staff issues, or is able to have a log. I've seen many situations in the past of unfair bans of ex-staff of chats that could never prove themselves innocent of certain things. I'm already good without the power, no need for another way of trolls or immature people getting their way.  (sry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

A bit ironic you state that. Not every chat is an official chat that investigates staff issues, or is able to have a log. I've seen many situations in the past of unfair bans of ex-staff of chats that could never prove themselves innocent of certain things. I'm already good without the power, no need for another way of trolls or immature people getting their way.  (sry)

I'm aware you're good without this power, but others think otherwise. Also, if staff did abuse you can easily view it in Events.

 

I'm not going to be responding to future messages from you, thanks for your opinion.

Rexor

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rexor said:

I'm aware you're good without this power, but others think otherwise. Also, if staff did abuse you can easily view it in Events.

 

I'm not going to be responding to future messages from you, thanks for your opinion.

Rexor

Knowing you're probably not going to respond I'll answer to this anyway.

 

You've only got one positive review from a regular xat user ("regular" meaning not wiki editor, Contributor, Volunteer, Official chat staff, etc.), and it's from Adam. You can't say that (quoted) when you literally have one person to back your claim up. There would be a higher positive response from normal users than there currently is if my point wasn't valid.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems a funny occurrence for a power, but I do not see much utility,

it may be possible in some xat to pass unnoticed, but for that we can use the classic "$"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.