I need my email changed

Florin312

Question

• Members

Hello everyone! I have the following problem: I've created a xat account but I lost the acces to my old mail so I've created a new one. I've managed to change the mail adress for my forum account but when I try to log in to xat grous I still can't bypass the security email check because I think it sends the security link that I need to acces to my old mail. The question is: How can I change my xat groups mail adress? I've tried to open a ticket to "locked out" section but I can't send it due to errors.

Thank you!

Edited by Florin312

5 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

Hello @Florin312,

13 minutes ago, Florin312 said:

Hello everyone! I have the following problem: I've created a xat account but I lost the acces to my old mail so I've created a new one. I've managed to change the mail adress for my forum account but when I try to log in to xat grous I still can't bypass the security email check because I think it sends the security link that I need to acces to my old mail. The question is: How can I change my xat groups mail adress? I've tried to open a ticket to "locked out" section but I can't send it due to errors.

Thank you!

If you are trying to change your chat group's email address, you cant. If you still have access to the chat, you can try to reset the whole chat and set it to members only.

Within the 90 days period that the chat is inactive with no chat staffs present, the chat will be put up for sale and you'll be able to buy the chat.

Once the chat is up for sale, you should be able to buy the chat with a new email address that you have access with.

If you are trying to change your xat account's email address and have lost access to it, you would need to open a ticket in Lost Access help topic and request to get your email address changed. In order to open a ticket under this help topic, you must be logged in on an account that you have access with the email.

• Open a ticket in Lost Access help topic
  • Make sure that the subject in ticket is five words or more
  • In your ticket message, mention your username and ID, the email you lost access with
  • And the email you want to change it to

Once you are able to open a ticket, wait for a response. Check your email daily for any ticket notifications.

• Advanced Members

Hello,

If you forgot the email address to your xat account, you would need to create a new account to solve the problem.

Do the following steps:

1. Create a new temporary account and open a ticket at xat.com/ticket under Lost Access department. 

2. Write a subject(5 words or more) and write a message saying that you lost access to the account.

3. After completing each of the following steps, click “Open ticket” .

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mystic

Edited by Mystic