Phin

Chats freezing

So some of you might have noticed that chats will sometimes freeze, causing you to refresh the chat. I notice this when I use my google chrome account. However, when using opera, I don’t experience this. It’s clearly not a CSS issue, as it has been tested at social. Could it be a chrome issue perhaps? Users on chrome have said chats freeze for them when they switch tabs, CSS or not. Maybe a chatbox issue? Anyone got any idea as to what’s causing it?

• Award 2

I noticed that too, 

When I use chrome every chat freezes on me .. 

However when I use opera it does freeze .. except with xat5 when I switch tab .. 

so I guess it's chrome ? . 

3 minutes ago, Phin said:

So some of you might have noticed that chats will sometimes freeze, causing you to refresh the chat.

Instead of refreshing the chat, you can use CTRL + A on the page and the chat will unfreeze.

8 minutes ago, Phin said:

Anyone got any idea as to what’s causing it?

Does it happen on a lot of chats ? or only a few ones ?

37 minutes ago, SlOom said:

Does it happen on a lot of chats ? or only a few ones ?

I know it happens on social and xat_test a lot, I haven’t tried with other chats yet, but others might know.

I don't think I've had many, if at all, times where my Chrome has frozen up xat. I can't confirm or deny that your claim is true but I thought it would be useful to point that out.