See The Chats I'm Ranked In

Leandro

• Members

Usually, when people spend a long time without getting into the xat, they lose a position they had previously conquered ...

But I think it's a good tool to add.

Good suggestion.

(vitória)

Edited by keep

• Advanced Members
14 minutes ago, keep said:

Usually, when people spend a long time without getting into the xat, they lose a position they had previously conquered ...

It really is not like that unless they have been degraded. I remember that before a bot server gave this kind of information that in my opinion is useful for some people, but it stopped working and it would be good if xat implemented it, good suggestion Leandro!

• Advanced Members
On 7/22/2018 at 3:33 AM, Leandro said:

Is this useful?

For some users it will be. I've seen people coming back to xat after a long time and not remembering their own chats OR chats they were ranked in.

If you have any opinions or something to add, please reply.

Being inactive for a long time on someone's chat, there's a small chance that you'll still remain as a chat staff, but I agree with you this would be very useful to users who owns multiple chats and would help them remember where chats they were ranked in. And you know what we also need? We need something where it can help users remember the emails they used to create chats. :(

• Award 3

• Contributors
12 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

FREE. FEATURE. PLEASE.

Nice idea by the way. I totally agree. I always wanted to see what chats I'm ranked in.

For free people’s use the command !userinfo in some bots and the bot show the page with informations about the user and what xat they are mod/owner. 

But is a nice idea it will be useful.

Notes.

*For free

*Only xats with the bot

*xat with different bot idk if are possible the same.

• Wiki Editors

This definitely should be implemented. "But bots do this." Well, I don't like the idea of relying completely on bots. Furthermore, there are instances of chats that do not have a bot assigned, and there are various bot providers, meaning that you would have to visit various lists and still not get accurate information.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
13 hours ago, Arthur said:

"But bots do this." Well, I don't like the idea of relying completely on bots.

I totally agree on this. We shouldn't completely rely on bot commands or test our muscle memory with silly and long macros. Things should really become user-friendly ASAP. This applies to both UI and function-wise.

I reckon that "ASAP" is in 2020 because right now things are moving along pretty slow.

• Bot Service Providers

Well, the chats are reset constantly!

So in my view this will not be reliable information! Especially if the user stays a good time out of xat.

And moreover, your I trust someone to the point of giving a rank, it is because he has potential! If he does not remember the xats that  he have rank ... 

I'm sorry he did not deserve my trust! 

He did not wear the shirt
 of my "club" of my "chat" as I thought!

I do not see that much need!

• Award 1
  • No 2
  • Meh 1

• Bot Service Providers

What was suggested was to list the rank's on the user login page.

Let's look technically: The user spend 2 years out of the chat. Certainly this chat will be reset over time. 

Do you still want xat to store the rank information in the user login? 

It will bring from where the information, being that the chat has been reset and the person does not have more rank.

That's why I mentioned that it would not bring true information.

Exemple: Login shows that I am MOD on chat TOPHITS. When I get in the chat, I'm not MOD anymore.

Would not that matter?

If you have a rank in a chat that you were well received, you made countless friendships, I'm sure, you will never forget!

Yeah, I want him to come back, can be sure of that. 

He will be welcome. But not for the rank he had, but for our friendship!

• Award 1
  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, MisteR said:

Do you still want xat to store the rank information in the user login? 

If the chat is to be restored, the information will be erased from the ''Chats im ranked in:'' and that's all.

• Award 2

• Wiki Editors
23 minutes ago, MisteR said:

Exemple: Login shows that I am MOD on chat TOPHITS. When I get in the chat, I'm not MOD anymore.

Would not that matter?

If you have a rank in a chat that you were well received, you made countless friendships, I'm sure, you will never forget!

No, that would not matter because we are expecting for an intelligent system that would automatically exclude chats that you have been demoted from or that have been reset.

• Award 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Volunteers

Already considered with a better concept than the groups powers design (we are still discussing this.)

But that's not something which will come very soon since it's considered low priority compared to the better stuff we will add.

Edited by SLOom
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, SLOom said:

But that's not something which will come very soon since it's considered low priority compared to the better stuff we will add.

In Brazil when we want things, we yell, we make movements, we samba until we get it.

#I_DEMAND_RANKS
#TIME_IS_NOW

Makes me wonder, perhaps it should be free to see where you're main owner ...

but you could need a power to see lower ranks (blowkiss). Ranks power. 

Nice idea Leandro

It would be nice if the page could detect if you have guestself power, so you can guest yourself within a click and a confirmation box.

If you're main owner, you should see a pen icon linking directly to the edit of the respective chat 

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Cupim said:

Makes me wonder, perhaps it should be free to see where you're main owner ...

but you could need a power to see lower ranks (blowkiss). Ranks power. 

I'm in love with your brain.

• Like 1