Editormain

xAndyx

• Advanced Members

It would be something like, a new Power of function for xat, that allows you to give Main to a user without the need to reveal the password of your xat to have that rank. As it would be an option apart from the main owner (it would be exclusive for the real owner of the xat) the main owner would not lose its function as we know it today. It would be like a small panel of the xat which the real owner would only get access to with a password. This idea could be ideal to avoid giving reset by a single main owner not deceived. As I said before this will not affect the other main owner could continue to administer the xat. rights for @xAndyx @Yahir

We await your opinion on this subject, greetings

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

This is a really good idea . 

Especially if you do not have to reveal the password . 

I mean, thee is always a possibility that when you trust someone with your room next thing you know the password is changed and you don’t have access anymore . 

So with this suggestion you can make someone main ( get to change bg , make someone owner ,  change outer ,) just not room reset . 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

To not share your password you can only share the link, also if you are the original creator of the chat you can reset the password from the associated email.

I am not wrong to say that something similar to this was suggested in the past.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
20 minutes ago, Rhea said:

This is a really good idea . 

Especially if you do not have to reveal the password . 

I mean, thee is always a possibility that when you trust someone with your room next thing you know the password is changed and you don’t have access anymore . 

So with this suggestion you can make someone main ( get to change bg , make someone owner ,  change outer ,) just not room reset . 

It would be ideal to avoid headaches in the future. 

13 minutes ago, ANGY said:

To not share your password you can only share the link, also if you are the original creator of the chat you can reset the password from the associated email.

I am not wrong to say that something similar to this was suggested in the past.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I think you have not understood the idea

7 minutes ago, Leandro said:

If i'm not mistaken, you can already do that with the power Manage.

this would be a different function with the main. 

• Advanced Members

I understand your idea, but I think It could be just a function of Manage power. I don't think xat's going to make a power just for that. 

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Luig
  • Award 1

• Wiki Editors
1 hour ago, Leandro said:

If i'm not mistaken, you can already do that with the power Manage.

You're right. And I don't see the need for a brand new power that provides the same function an existing one does.

What would be a good idea, though, is making the existing Manage post more user-friendly, which is unlikely — at least for now, until Mobile and HTML5 aren't completed.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

You can always change the chat's password after making a co-mainowner.

I think to avoid having your chat messed up by another user who you have made a co-main, I would propose something where only the creator of the chat can edit and make changes on the chat (who's ID is attached to the chat's email). This means, that a co-mainowner would be limited with to most features in the edit page of the chat, except being able to promote the chat and change the chat's backgrounds. So changing the chat's description, reseting the chat, etc should be limited to a co-main owner.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
15 hours ago, 6 said:

You can always change the chat's password after making a co-mainowner.

I think to avoid having your chat messed up by another user who you have made a co-main, I would propose something where only the creator of the chat can edit and make changes on the chat (who's ID is attached to the chat's email). This means, that a co-mainowner would be limited with to most features in the edit page of the chat, except being able to promote the chat and change the chat's backgrounds. So changing the chat's description, reseting the chat, etc should be limited to a co-main owner.

what we know about the link, the idea we have at the beginning is; if you have an unwanted main owner you would have to restart the xat altogether to download that person from the main, with this idea we seek that you can raise or lower that person. with the limiting link to other main to change funds and various things. and it does not necessarily have to be a power could be added as an update of the power manager or an external page like the buy or search (I can not think of more ideas) it would be good what I say to avoid resets of xat for a single main node regards @6

• Volunteers

What about giving them the extra features edit link? This does not involve giving out the password, the user is main owner and only has access to the extra features of the chat.

We used to do that in the past, is it broken or was it forgotten?

• Advanced Members
28 minutes ago, Sydno said:

What about giving them the extra features edit link? This does not involve giving out the password, the user is main owner and only has access to the extra features of the chat.

We used to do that in the past, is it broken or was it forgotten?

It was forgotten I think, even if you pass the link you will have to force a reset to that person. That is our idea about this idea. same I think that with to pass the link the main would have less utility would be an owner more in the

• Wiki Editors
22 minutes ago, xAndyx said:

It was forgotten I think, even if you pass the link you will have to force a reset to that person. That is our idea about this idea. same I think that with to pass the link the main would have less utility would be an owner more in the

With Manage power you can backup your chat ranks. remove the unwanted main owner from your backup file, reset the chat and immediately import your backup file that will restore all ranks, except the unwanted main owner's. Thus, resetting should not be as inconvenient as you are implying.

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Arthur said:

With Manage power you can backup your chat ranks. remove the unwanted main owner from your backup file, reset the chat and immediately import your backup file that will restore all ranks, except the unwanted main owner's. Thus, resetting should not be as inconvenient as you are implying.

¿Would it be necessary to restart an entire xat for just one main?

• Volunteers
47 minutes ago, xAndyx said:

It was forgotten I think, even if you pass the link you will have to force a reset to that person.

If you pass the link, you do NOT have to reset the chat. Just click edit the chat features and you'll appear as a main owner.

The only downside is that you cannot (and should not) share this link on a chat. You have to put it in your homepage (risky), to use a pastebin (risky too) or to share it on another website/software.

Note: If you reset your chat, then this main owner link will change. They will not be able to become a main owner again.

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Sydno said:

If you pass the link, you do NOT have to reset the chat. Just click edit the chat features and you'll appear as a main owner.

The only downside is that you cannot (and should not) share this link on a chat. You have to put it in your homepage (risky), to use a pastebin (risky too) or to share it on another website/software.

Note: If you reset your chat, then this main owner link will change. They will not be able to become a main owner again.

the same way you would have to force a total range reset or am I wrong? uhmm I think you're not understanding the idea of this suggestion

• Volunteers

http://prntscr.com/k83apz (It's in French but only the translation change - same features everywhere)

Give this link to someone you want to be main owner on your chat. Tell them to click "Update and Get Code" and they will be a main owner. 

They will not have the password, the chat will not be reset, everyone will keep their rank. And the user will only have access to the extra features.

• 1 year later...
  • Volunteers
1 hour ago, Vevrok said:

this idea was suggested by me on feedback xat, I don't know what happened , but crow said that still was working on design to post the idea. @Crow

We're not working on this particular idea, i.e. the ability to make someone a main owner without the reveal of a password, but we're working on many other suggestion designs so stay tuned for those very soon! 8-)

• Award 1