Update the Sounds

SethTI
Message added by LaFleur

Audies have been improved in the xat HTML5 chat version.

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Who actually uses audies? In fact the most use of audies I’ve ever seen is by raid bots...

I actually still see a lot of users (well toons) who often uses audies when trolling and spamming on the chat. Sometimes I also see users from radio chats using audies

But I think SethTI's idea is a good, this would also make users encouraged to use more audies.

If only we can record our voice for like a few seconds and send them through audies :$ 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, 6 said:

I actually still see a lot of users (well toons) who often uses audies when trolling and spamming on the chat. Sometimes I also see users from radio chats using audies

But I think SethTI's idea is a good, this would also make users encouraged to use more audies.

If only we can record our voice for like a few seconds and send them through audies :$ 

That would seriously be an awesome Idea, @6 but don't you think trolls would take it over and use it for inappropriate use?

It would be an awesome idea but people would abuse the fact that the bots won't be able to auto ban the user for it.

• Advanced Members

I remember only using audies when I first joined. When I first started to get the hang of xat and got powers like Noaudies, I stopped using them almost completely. I don't think anyone's going to use, much less remember so many audies available. I also believe that Noaudies is something so basic for someone who has powers, which basically makes audies useless.

Removal of audies would also mean removal of such a useless power anyway. I say this because someone could simply mute their noise 3 ways: Mute their tab, mute their computer, or mute sounds from the client itself. I think that all 3 are used pretty often and it's pretty obvious that both audies and Noaudies are pretty useless.

On 7/15/2018 at 12:33 AM, SethTI said:

But then powers like gsound would be useless!

I don't think I've seen a single chat use Gsound in probably 3+ years, if ever. That power needs to go, too.

Edited by CarlosDesigns

• Advanced Members
On 7/15/2018 at 5:14 PM, 6 said:

I agree, this type of functionality would be great and to be honest I think this should be the only thing worked on if whoever does the work decides to touch on audies.

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

I remember only using audies when I first joined. When I first started to get the hang of xat and got powers like Noaudies, I stopped using them almost completely. I don't think anyone's going to use, much less remember so many audies available. I also believe that Noaudies is something so basic for someone who has powers, which basically makes audies useless.

Removal of audies would also mean removal of such a useless power anyway. I say this because someone could simply mute their noise 3 ways: Mute their tab, mute their computer, or mute sounds from the client itself. I think that all 3 are used pretty often and it's pretty obvious that both audies and Noaudies are pretty useless.

I don't think I've seen a single chat use Gsound in probably 3+ years, if ever. That power needs to go, too.

My chat uses gsound, every month the sounds change to match the theme of the chat.

Edited by SethTI
  • Award 1

• 4 weeks later...