Namefilter bad words

HelperNate

• Volunteers
28 minutes ago, Arthur said:

How would it work with other languages? Ex: There are words that are inappropriate in some language(s), and appropriate in other(s).

Maybe it can work as a group power, similar to how bad power works.

That is, the main owners can add the words that they don't wish to see.

All the words added to the Namefilter power option get each of their letters changed to Q

• Award 1

• Volunteers
10 minutes ago, Phin said:

This would not work, unless xat blocked the invisible character in names. Kind of like how putting a space in your name doesn't work unless you use alt+255 as seen in this gif. (You might have to click this if the play button is in the way/doesn't work)

If the user can define the list of "bad words" to be filtered in name, then they could add:

xàt, xât, xát, xãt,χαт,xαt,xαт,ჯᾀt,xat,xα†,χåт,phin,ρнιη,вanpнιn

(Above example of a list that could work (user-defined))

• Award 2

• Wiki Editors
1 hour ago, Cupim said:

Maybe it can work as a group power, similar to how bad power works.

That is, the main owners can add the words that they don't wish to see.

All the words added to the Namefilter power option get each of their letters changed to Q

But what if I add names or common/popular words in order to trigger users? (wary)

• Volunteers
10 minutes ago, Arthur said:

But what if I add names or common/popular words in order to trigger users? (wary)

Technically it would be your own room.

So it's your responsibility to make sure that other main owners don't abuse group power settings

I personally can't bear a chat with abuse. If owners are using it to trigger individuals, they will lose people 

Also, the group power could have a macro (or in a futuristic HTML5, an option in settings)

Macro => $namefilter=off

Option => "Name filter power: [Enable/Disable]"

This could be helpful if some chats are "abusing namefilter" and you need to be able to read names.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Cupim said:

Technically it would be your own room.

So it's your responsibility to make sure that other main owners don't abuse group power settings

I personally can't bear a chat with abuse. If owners are using it to trigger individuals, they will lose people 

Also, the group power could have a macro (or in a futuristic HTML5, an option in settings)

Macro => $namefilter=off

Option => "Name filter power: [Enable/Disable]"

This could be helpful if some chats are "abusing namefilter" and you need to be able to read names.

Or I mean it could just go with this image.png.d06be1bd411836ac47cac3c16c57fe88.png

• Award 4