Addition to Group Control

Nathan

• Bot Service Providers

Hello,

I think a good addition to group control would be to be able to control whether or not owners or main owners are able to make temp mods.

Personally, at arcbots, where owner are advised to not make temp mods, this would be beneficial. I am sure there are other chat owners who would prefer only main owners being able to make temp mods.

So the addition to gcontrol would be adding a setting such as "can temp mod" with the options of temp owner, owner, or main owner.

• Advanced Members

On the other side i'd like to have this feature where as a main owner i could choose or set in g-control to which temp owners or owners only could make temps.

• Wiki Editors
33 minutes ago, 6 said:

On the other side i'd like to have this feature where as a main owner i could choose or set in g-control to which temp owners or owners only could make temps.

The only extra abilities that temporary owners get is being able to make temporary moderators and demote, kick or ban moderators. In my opinion, it would ruin the temporary owner purpose, and the owner purpose as well. If you don't want them to be able to make temporary moderators then simply don't make them owner. 

However, bot companies have already provided us with it. You can give specific abilities to specific users by adding them to the access list (for most bot companies), or giving them moderation level (for ARCBots) so why would admins add an option that would basically ruin the ranks purpose and is already provided by bot companies?

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Arthur said:

The only extra abilities that temporary owners get is being able to make temporary moderators and demote, kick or ban moderators. In my opinion, it would ruin the temporary owner purpose, and the owner purpose as well. If you don't want them to be able to make temporary moderators then simply don't make them owner. 

However, bot companies have already provided us with it. You can give specific abilities to specific users by adding them to the access list (for most bot companies), or giving them moderation level (for ARCBots) so why would admins add an option that would basically ruin the ranks purpose and is already provided by bot companies?

I know bot providers provide with these type of abilities. What i'm thinking is maybe we could just add some additional features like this in g-control. Thinking of possibilities.

• Advanced Members

GControl needs to be updated with some of the suggestions that are currently on the wiki, to give a "fully customization chat experience" this would be added too (as per the first bullet point).

Here's the list:

• Allow "make tempmod" or "make tempmem" or "make tempown" permissions.
  • Add buttons etc. for kicking/making mods when permission is granted.
  • Options for individual users (so one mod can have permissions that others don't).
  • Allow mute / hush etc. to be disabled or set for mods.
  • Control who can delete messages.
  • Turn off ban reports.
  • Ability to remove or change the sensitivity of automatic kicks (anti-flood), or change which ranks are affected.
  • Setting different ban times for tempmods/tempowners.
  • Allow $tealth to be disabled or set for mods.
  • Controlling who can ban/kick/demote who. For example allowing moderators to demote tempmods, preventing owners from banning moderators, preventing tempmods from banning permanent members etc.
  • Control who can post links. For example allowing guests to post links, or only allowing moderators and up to post links.
  • Invisible power permissions (Allowing members, mods, etc. to use it).
  • Giving mods certain abilities that only turn on when no owners are in the chatroom and turn off when an owner enters the chatroom. This would have to ignore any owners that are invisible.
  • Moderator cannot ban a user without putting a reason and if they click ban without a reason in the box, it won't do anything.
  • Control who can see events on your chat. Example: Allow Moderators+ to see events or only Main owner to see events.

• Award 1