Possible fix for issue with assigning powers when gamebanned

Flake

• Advanced Members

My friend recently got gamebanned on a chat room, having assigned a power there. Due to the fact they are gamebanned, it is impossible to unassign the power, and hence it is impossible to trade/sell the power or assign it elsewhere, effectively rendering it useless. The ban was for 1000 hours. This is obviously problematic if the person cannot use the power for such a large amount of time. The idea I have in mind is, shouldn't it be that a power is automatically unassigned when a person is gamebanned for a lengthy amount of time (ie 200+ hours)? This is obviously a rare occurrence, but it never hurts to fix things like this.

[EDIT] Better fix by Sydno:

"Sure this needs to be fixed, but I don't feel it should be fixed like that. That's logical but very hard to do I guess.

It would simply be better to be able to unassign something via the login page. "

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, Flake said:

The idea I have in mind is, shouldn't it be that a power is automatically unassigned when a person is banned for a lengthy amount of time (ie 100+ hours)? 

Sure this needs to be fixed, but I don't feel it should be fixed like that. That's logical but very hard to do I guess.

That would simply be better to be able to unassign something via the login page. 

For your friend, I hope he would be able to come back after 42 days to un-assign it :( 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I never understood why they just don't allow you to unassign your powers in the same place where you view where your powers are assigned in the first place. And I don't see why you're not able to unassign all your supporters at once, or just type in how many supporters you want to unassign. These QOL updates would make so many peoples lives easier. But since it took us years to get a trade app update, I'm sure we'll have to wait a few more years for this to be added... 

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Sydno said:

Sure this needs to be fixed, but I don't feel it should be fixed like that. That's logical but very hard to do I guess.

That would simply be better to be able to unassign something via the login page. 

For your friend, I hope he would be able to come back after 42 days to un-assign it :( 

Actually, agreed. This is a better fix - thanks for the suggestion.

This fix would come with many other uses as well as fixing this issue.

• Volunteers

Before you could unassign from the powers list, but since they updated and they went to PNG images, it became impossible and so it created an issue. if you're banned from the chat and you have assigned powers, you can't unassign it.

The solution is to be able AGAIN to unassign via powers list, or just via login page like @Sydno said.

This issue should be listed on LaFleur thread.

• Wiki Editors
1 hour ago, SlOom said:

Before you could unassign from the powers list, but since they updated and they went to PNG images, it became impossible and so it created an issue. if you're banned from the chat and you have assigned powers, you can't unassign it.

The solution is to be able AGAIN to unassign via powers list, or just via login page like @Sydno said.

Being able to un-assign powers through the powers list wouldn't fix it. You cannot access your powers list while you're game-banned. The issue @Flake mentioned on this topic only happens when you're game-banned. If you get a regular ban, you can just private-chat anyone from your friends list and un-assign the power through private chat while you're on the chat.

• Volunteers
19 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Being able to un-assign powers through the powers list wouldn't fix it. You cannot access your powers list while you're game-banned. The issue @Flake mentioned on this topic only happens when you're game-banned. If you get a regular ban, you can just private-chat anyone from your friends list and un-assign the power through private chat while you're on the chat.

My fault, I didn't noticed it was for when you are gamebanned.