General discussion

Christina

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, Stah said:

When it comes to anything trade, actually, his word is law. He's the main owner. Why should a thread be kept open if the point of the thread is to debate if fairtrade should be come a "rule" rather than being a guide if the main owner of the chat said that it won't be changed? An absolute answer has been given, discussion ended.

As Brandon said, there's only one thread that comes under the points discussed in your post. And Tinker, the white knighting is getting old, bud.

Also, I don't see how this affects activity at all? Look back at the old forum, obviously there was a boost when the new one was introduced, but the same users who posted there are also the users posting here.

You've completey overlooked what I said about new questions and new points of discussion that have been raised. If apparently his voice is law, it doesn't mean people will agree with all of his points, people may have had something to say but we'll never know now. 

White knight?? I'd truly love to continue my topic but it was closed and rightfully so. My question has been answered and no new points have been raised, unlike class's topic. I've spoken to a volunteer privately about the title and related topics, and if you would like to, you can message me privately as well because I don't think some of the information I might share is appropriate to be shared publicly, because it will upset people. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

You've completey overlooked what I said about new questions and new points of discussion that have been raised. If apparently his voice is law, it doesn't mean people will agree with all of his points, people may have had something to say but we'll never know now. 

White knight?? I'd truly love to continue my topic but it was closed and rightfully so. My question has been answered and no new points have been raised, unlike class's topic. I've spoken to a volunteer privately about the title and related topics, and if you would like to, you can message me privately as well because I don't think some of the information I might share is appropriate to be shared publicly, because it will upset people. 

There's no discussion to be had, Maverick is the main owner, Maverick has the final say. No point in arguing continually to no avail. And it doesn't matter if people agree or not, his chat his rules, which part of that hard to understand?

Not rightfully so, but suit yourself. I'll leave you with the definition of an emeritus:

Emeritus (/ᵻˈmɛrᵻtəs/; feminine emerita or emeritus; plural emeriti(masc.) or emeritae (fem.); abbreviation emer.) (Latin ēx, "out of", and meritus, "merit"), in its current usage, is an adjective used to designate a retired professor, pastor, bishop, Pope, president, prime minister, or other personages.

To prevent this topic going off topic, I stand by my points previously made. There's no actual problem with the "issues" posted here, only that threads are being made for the sake of making threads.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

This is getting old.  I can say same about you stah and your black knighting

His word MAY be law of trade..and if you can not clearly see, not only did I like his post and actually agree with it.....

however having owned trade myself for 7 years, I know the continual cycles and complaints trade takes.. 

Being open for constructive criticism and seeing other points of view, will help the chat.

This thread had nothing to do with fairtrade thread only and yet it has been turned into that for most part.

I'm sorry if you or Maverick take it personal.

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, Stah said:

There's no discussion to be had, Maverick is the main owner, Maverick has the final say. No point in arguing continually to no avail. And it doesn't matter if people agree or not, his chat his rules, which part of that hard to understand?

Not rightfully so, but suit yourself. I'll leave you with the definition of an emeritus:

Emeritus (/ᵻˈmɛrᵻtəs/; feminine emerita or emeritus; plural emeriti(masc.) or emeritae (fem.); abbreviation emer.) (Latin ēx, "out of", and meritus, "merit"), in its current usage, is an adjective used to designate a retired professor, pastor, bishop, Pope, president, prime minister, or other personages.

To prevent this topic going off topic, I stand by my points previously made. There's no actual problem with the "issues" posted here, only that threads are being made for the sake of making threads.

I've looked up the definition, and how am I coming to her aid? I have an opinion in this discussion and I will say my opinion, even if it was someone else who created this thread, I will still agree with them, my relationship with tina shouldn't matter at all. And so you're saying that we don't have no right to react to what a main owner/vol/mod has to say? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a forum? General discussion is meant to be a place for people to discuss their opinions about a topic, and everyone's opinion should be seen as equal, no matter the rank. 

If you read my entire reply, you would know that I already got my answer about my topic, I don't know why you keep on bringing it up. I said it was locked rightfully so.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, Christina said:

This is getting old.  I can say same about you stah and your black knighting

His word MAY be law of trade..and if you can not clearly see, not only did I like his post and actually agree with it.....

however having owned trade myself for 7 years, I know the continual cycles and complaints trade takes.. 

Being open for constructive criticism and seeing other points of view, will help the chat.

This thread had nothing to do with fairtrade thread only and yet it has been turned into that for most part.

I'm sorry if you or Maverick take it personal.

Not taking it personally at all.

People did post their opinions in the thread, and also voted in the poll. They were heard and Maverick responded, ending the discussion. Thats it, it's over. His other thread was only going to lead to drama, which is unavoidable since the subject is "touchy" (and said so himself).

The thing is, you're making this out to be some wide spread a problem, while only a very, very small amount were closed (unrelated to this thread) on this and the old forum due to going off topic and causing a lot of hassle, that they were closed. In reality, you're arguing because you wanted to heat the discussion up further.

10 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I've looked up the definition, and how am I coming to her aid? I have an opinion in this discussion and I will say my opinion, even if it was someone else who created this thread, I will still agree with them, my relationship with tina shouldn't matter at all. And so you're saying that we don't have no right to react to what a main owner/vol/mod has to say? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a forum? General discussion is meant to be a place for people to discuss their opinions about a topic, and everyone's opinion should be seen as equal, no matter the rank. 

If you read my entire reply, you would know that I already got my answer about my topic, I don't know why you keep on bringing it up. I said it was locked rightfully so.

I don't have anything to say on the white knighting, but I'm sure a lot of others know where I stand on this.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

In reply to your post...polls generally take time to get clear responses.  

A fair poll would be played out.  I even agree with the outcome, so I am NOT choosing sides or turning it

into 1.  The point of my thread is to ensure that it does not become trend in future to close threads that are open

for debate.  Instead it was turned into something else.

I'm sure alot of others know where I stand on black knighting as well.  Do you really want to go there?

Why can't you just be respectable toward tink and his views. Instead you have to throw in the knight card.

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Christina said:

In reply to your post...polls generally take time to get clear responses.  

A fair poll would be played out.  I even agree with the outcome, so I am NOT choosing sides or turning it

into 1.  The point of my thread is to ensure that it does not become trend in future to close threads that are open

for debate.  Instead it was turned into something else.

I'm sure alot of others know where I stand on black knighting as well.  Do you really want to go there?

Why can't you just be respectable toward tink and his views. Instead you have to throw in the knight card.

The thread got negative responses and 55% of people voted no and Maverick responded no. It's clear that there's no further discussion, and I'm glad that you agree with that. The thing is, it was never turning into a trend.

That's like me opening a thread saying "Delete all xat accounts because one person scammed and it might turn into a trend".

His views? That's the problem.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Stah said:

The thread got negative responses and 55% of people voted no and Maverick responded no. It's clear that there's no further discussion, and I'm glad that you agree with that. The thing is, it was never turning into a trend.

That's like me opening a thread saying "Delete all xat accounts because one person scammed and it might turn into a trend".

His views? That's the problem.

Like I mentioned, there are other things that have been mentioned that can be addressed and discussed. 

1 hour ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I actually have a few comments about what your reply when it comes to don't sell a power at its peak, and what class said about us punishing people jerks who sell too low and who sell too high, I also have a few comments about tinas remark when she said what is considered trolling, what if someone's does want to sell much lower than a price and vice versa, should they be punished? 

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

You actually deleted your thread.. Then I had to undeleted it and explained to you on xat_Test how that was kind of wrong.

You are deleting everyone's opinions when majority of everyone who uses the forum said no to your thread to you created about fairtrade.

Thats why it was concluded to your thread to being closed.

You were also given a fair reason to your thread, plus if the thread does get re-opened, what else would there be to answer since the answer is basically there. 

I am not sure why you would drag on a thread for an answer that will just be repeating itself over and over again - Fairtrade is a guide not a rule.

Another reason as well why your thread was closed.

Ryan makes a great point in his second paragraph. Which should be addressed directly in this section alone.

Why do I feel as if this thread was opened for just that thread. (Maybe).

General Support is fine, but all of a sudden General Discussions, so yeah. I think so.

Anyways, it was already decided how Trade and fairtrade would run and how it would be handled.

On topic, threads aren't being closed for needlessly reasons. You may feel that way, but it's not necessarily true.

Threads are fine how they at the moment. 

If we see threads closing too often, then we will take it under advisement and improve on that. 

I never knew what that button was for... Whoops

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Maverick said:

It clearly says "hide". . . 

Okay.

I guess that deleting it seemed to be in answer since it caused some sort of drama in a way (at the time). 

I just didn't want the drama of that forum page...

• Ryan locked this topic