Do vampires exist or existed?

• Advanced Members

As you all not know i'm a fan of Vampire Diares, Twilight Saga and other movie and animes with vampire characters in it but do they really exist or existed in real? :$

• Award 2

• Volunteers

"[...] those creatures don't exist, Mulder. They're folk tales born out of some collective fear of the unknown.”

– Dana Scully, The X-Files, Episode 71.

Personally, I believe they're just stories. Probably inspired by some weird guy who once got caught drinking a cheeky glass of blood. Over several decades, he became a fang-bearing, bat-transforming, mass-murdering immortal – with different cultures in different time periods having different interpretations. But hey, who knows? It's fun to speculate! =)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't think they exist, and it's probably a good thing that they don't. These romantic depictions of vampires shown in things like Twilight or in animes probably aren't that accurate considering vampires are pretty much walking corpses that feast on your blood and 'life essence'. Even if they were, I very much like being able to go about my day without some edgy, sparkly being waltzing around my university giving me weird looks from a distance, watching me sleep and pretending that doesn't make me want to stake them. 

• Wiki Editors

Was thinking along the same lines as Crow.

4 hours ago, Paya said:

...and it's probably a good thing that they don't. These romantic depictions of vampires shown in things like Twilight or in animes probably aren't that accurate considering vampires are pretty much walking corpses that feast on your blood and 'life essence'. Even if they were, I very much like being able to go about my day without some edgy, sparkly being waltzing around my university giving me weird looks from a distance, watching me sleep and pretending that doesn't make me want to stake them. 

@Paya

You might have a change of heart after watching "What We Do in the Shadows".

I liked how they were portrayed in this film. :$

MyJ7NWg.jpg?1

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Muffins said:

@Paya

You might have a change of heart after watching "What We Do in the Shadows".

I liked how they were portrayed in this film. :$

MyJ7NWg.jpg?1

I'll be sure to check it out some time :)

But mainly my comment was related to Twilight. I'm just not a fan and having to pretend to like it for months because all my friends did was exhausting. I'm sure there are other movies/series with vampires that I would like but the majority of them won't really be that accurate in portraying what a vampire really is, at least according to folklore.  :$ 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I actually just read some articles about vampires and yeah most of them are based on folklore stories. 

Most of today's vampire scenes you could see on movies are charming and awesome, they way vampire stories looks so modern this days.

I think of the fierce vampire movie i've seen is Dracula Untold if you've seen that.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
16 hours ago, Marya11211 said:

haha ask to @Mihai   &  @Mihay      =))  they are from '' Dracula Transilvania ''  .  

Lool  =)) 

Haha is Dracula from Romania oh maybe his origin is from Romania (xd)