falls chrome

Toby

Question

21 answers to this question

• Bot Service Providers

Well, I would recommend you to read this:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/battle-of-the-browsers-in-cpu-and-memory-usage/

Remember that drdrin is right, if you're using something that your RAM or CPU/GPU cannot support, it may give you future issues in your PC.

I highly recommend you to change your browser, if it happens in xat Trade or whatever, so you can report directly on Chrome Feedback(in your browser, remember to include screenshots etc), they will see what is happening just in this page and may be fixed in next releases. But for now I just tell you, change your browser, choose one which you like and feel confortable.

@cfr_tobias

• Bot Service Providers

As I said before... Sometimes it happens,

It doesn't seem a xat issue, it just crashes when memory is reached out.

Try to change your browser and update your Shockwave Flash Player, it may fix this issue.

If still happening please tell me your Chrome and Shockwave Flash Player's version.

• Advanced Members

As others have said, currently Flash is having some issues and that makes xat lag at times. I would recommend using the newest xat version, HTML5. Although it's still under development, it can solve the problems with Flash for now.

To use HTML5, just put ?new at the end of the link on any chat. e.g: xat.com/xat5?new

• Moderators

Good afternoon,

The chat box has a big amount of elements that has to be loaded in the browser player to show them to you, such as pawns, animations, smilies, etc. In computers with low performance on loading those elements, it just lags you, needing an amount of time longer than normal to display them but, when it cannot run them at all, it just crash. A solution can be using macros to disable some of those elements, allowing you to chat, trade and everything else. You can find the macros page here, then, scroll it down to "Decrease your lag on xat" and use the ones that can solve your problem and yet provide you a reasonable experience while on xat.com.

• Advanced Members
On 7/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, cfr_tobias said:

Edge = windows 10     and firefox I do not like

Could you try Firefox please and check if you're able to use the trade application without any crashes? This would help us to confirm the presumption regarding the RAM usage.

Thank you.

• Advanced Members
21 hours ago, Dani-De-Virreyes said:

Hello toby this problem is happening to most users you can use the version HTML5 or try to follow the steps of this link!

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flash_Plugin

Any questions you have, let me know! good luck

maybe it's working now

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Have you checked if it works now?

it still falls harder

On 6/20/2018 at 1:55 PM, Dani-De-Virreyes said:

Hello toby this problem is happening to most users you can use the version HTML5 or try to follow the steps of this link!

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flash_Plugin

Any questions you have, let me know! good luck

maybe it's working now

• Advanced Members

@cfr_tobias Have you seen Laming's post? You may try that.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:19 PM, Laming said:

As I said before... Sometimes it happens,

It doesn't seem a xat issue, it just crashes when memory is reached out.

Try to change your browser and update your Shockwave Flash Player, it may fix this issue.

If still happening please tell me your Chrome and Shockwave Flash Player's version.

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, cfr_tobias said:

yes 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, Stif said:

Good afternoon,

The chat box has a big amount of elements that has to be loaded in the browser player to show them to you, such as pawns, animations, smilies, etc. In computers with low performance on loading those elements, it just lags you, needing an amount of time longer than normal to display them but, when it cannot run them at all, it just crash. A solution can be using macros to disable some of those elements, allowing you to chat, trade and everything else. You can find the macros page here, then, scroll it down to "Decrease your lag on xat" and use the ones that can solve your problem and yet provide you a reasonable experience while on xat.com.

If so, I believe Stif's advise would be the best solution using the macros to disable certain features on the chat that causes your browser to crash and lag. 

• Bot Service Providers
19 hours ago, cfr_tobias said:

yes 

If the issue is "crashing your browser" then you can just change your browser because Chrome uses lot of RAM, try with EDGE or Firefox.

Disabling features wont fix this issue.

• Advanced Members

@cfr_tobias Have you tried using another Browser (such as EDGE or Firefox) as Laming suggested you? This might be the only provisional solution for you, as it appears to be related to RAM usage.

If that would work, I would advice you to upgrade your RAM for a permanent solution, if possible.

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, LaFleur said:

@cfr_tobias Have you tried using another Browser (such as EDGE or Firefox) as Laming suggested you? This might be the only provisional solution for you, as it appears to be related to RAM usage.

If that would work, I would advice you to upgrade your RAM for a permanent solution, if possible.

Edge = windows 10     and firefox I do not like

• Members
On 04/07/2018 at 12:15, cfr_tobias said:

Edge = windows 10 e firefox eu não gosto

You should have low memory on your computer, this error is memory consumption to not damage your computer it turns off, please put more memory in your computer and access the xat