are aliens real?

haley

• Advanced Members

When I use the term "aliens" I don't mean little green dudes chanting "take us to your leader" but yes, I do believe somewhere out there on a planet or galaxy we have yet to explore there is some sort of life form. Now the question is if it's intelligent or just like some animal that can live on that planet.

• Wiki Editors

I think it would sort of be human hubris to think we are the only ones out there.

I would suspect there are other biochemistries too -- not just carbon-based

I think what @Mark mentioned was important.

Sometimes popular culture will feed us an idea that leads us to have certain preconceived notions.

We might think of "Little green men" or "Zeta Reticulans" as silly, but I think it's important to step back and realize the breadth of the question being posed.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Watched all ten seasons of The X-Files (+ 2 movies) and still don't believe in aliens. However, I do believe the government are hiding something about Roswell.

4 hours ago, Aerorite said:

Now the question is if it's intelligent or just like some animal that can live on that planet.

Whether it's just slime growing on a space rock. (meh) Wish the Xenomorphs existed though...

3 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

If life on earth was able to develop, I'm sure life on other planets is also able to develop.

Some life forms have developed more than others. (smirk) *burps and scratches my butt*

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I believe there is life on other planets, like other people have said it's extremely unlikely considering the vastness of the universe that Earth is the only planet capable of housing life. How 'intelligent' that life is I don't think people can be sure, but I do sometimes like to think that there are other intelligent beings like us who ask the same questions we do. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Paya said:

I believe there is life on other planets, like other people have said it's extremely unlikely considering the vastness of the universe that Earth is the only planet capable of housing life. How 'intelligent' that life is I don't think people can be sure, but I do sometimes like to think that there are other intelligent beings like us who ask the same questions we do. 

Pretty much my opinion on Aliens too.