Group power (rankself)

https

• Members

Instead of always using the bot on your chat to change your rank, this power could do it for you.

I know that guestself is similar to this power, but it only changes your rank to guest. However, with this power you could change your rank to any rank that you want instead of relying on the bot all the time.

For example, to change your rank to moderator you would need to type /rr moderator into the chat. From there it will silently change your rank to moderator, this way it won't flood the chat like bot does with those notifications.

Only main owners could use this power, but with gcontrol they could allow other trusted staff members to use this power too.

Note: you should be able to change your rank from guest, moderator, owner, and main owner with this power.

That way it wouldn't be limited to one rank only like (guestself) is.

• Advanced Members

The name doesn't really match what you're suggesting, but a power like this could be quite useful for main owners testing various things. A few things off the top of my head would be rank-based scroll messages, gcontrol settings and bot minimum ranks.

I think this should be restricted to main owners only, with no GControl option, as someone who is mod shouldn't be able to make themself an owner and so on.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 1

• Members
1 minute ago, Daniel said:

The name doesn't really match what you're suggesting, but a power like this could be quite useful for main owners testing various things.

A few things off the top of my head would be rank-based scroll messages, gcontrol and bot minimum ranks.

I think this should be main owners only with no GControl option, as someone who is mod shouldn't be able to make themselves owner and so on.

That makes sense tbh. I am thinking of new names this power could be.

Maybe the name could be (ranks) instead. I agree with what you said, this power should only work for main owners.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, savagedude said:

That makes sense tbh. I am thinking of new names this power could be.

Maybe the name could be (ranks) instead. I agree with what you said, this power should only work for main owners.

Or the power could be named as (rankself) :$ and yeah I agree, this power should only limited to mainowners only as Daniel said.

This will also avoid from being abused.

• Award 1

• Members
Just now, 6 said:

Or the power could be named as (rankself) :$ and yeah I agree, this power should only limited to mainowners only as Daniel said.

This will also avoid from being abused.

Your name idea sounds better!

• Volunteers

I have a question about this power:

When you change your rank, is it a temp rank until you refresh or it's a new rank that you get permanently ?

If yes, I like the idea but it can be improved more so it's useful for everyone (except guest and banned).

Example: I'm member, but i have the choice to get guest.

Example 2: I'm a moderator, but i have the choice to get member or guest.

Example 3: I'm a owner, but i have the choice to get moderator, member, or guest.

Example 4: I'm a main owner, but i have the choice to get owner, moderator, member or guest.

I don't know if you get my idea to make it useful for everyone. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, SlOom said:

If yes, I like the idea but it can be improved more so it's useful for everyone (except guest and banned).

Example 3: I'm a owner, but i have the choice to get moderator, member, or guest.

Example 4: I'm a main owner, but i have the choice to get owner, moderator, member or guest.

The only thing is, I don't really see why an owner would choose to be a moderator etc. 

I can make sense of the fact that main owners may set some GControl settings, like ban time, and then test it as a moderator (without having 2 accounts). However, I owners don't really have access to these settings. You could argue that owners may want to test bot commands and stuff which could be true.

I guess it could be added to GControl but with the addition you mentioned (you can only make yourself a lower rank). That way main owners can choose if they want their staff members to be able to change ranks.

• Award 1

• Members
21 minutes ago, SlOom said:

I have a question about this power:

When you change your rank, is it a temp rank until you refresh or it's a new rank that you get permanently ?

I believe the ranks are temp at least until the main owner presses the (chat box settings) button again to become main.

I feel like this power could be useful to users that wanna play around with ranks and hide as certain ones.  Not everyone likes to have the same rank forever.

Edited by savagedude

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, savagedude said:

I believe the ranks are temp at least until the main owner presses the (chat box settings) button again to become main.

Shouldn't it be easier to be a main owner again with some command with this power rather than pressing the chat box settings?

4 minutes ago, savagedude said:

I feel like this power could be useful to users that wanna play around with ranks and hide as certain ones.  Not everyone likes to have the same rank forever.

This could be fun to users switching ranks on the chat once in a while.

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, savagedude said:

It can work the same way than botstat does.

It's a result of a dynamic change of the rank (no need to reconnect or whatever).

And when you refresh, it goes back to normal with your real rank.

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The only thing is, I don't really see why an owner would choose to be a moderator etc. 

Sometimes, it happened that a owner had to test something on me (my rank was owner) but I had to bring another account which is really annoying (you are wasting time for nothing) but with this power, boom you change your rank and the person can test stuff on you.

• Award 2

• Members
4 minutes ago, 6 said:

Shouldn't it be easier to be a main owner again with some command with this power rather than pressing the chat box settings?

This could be fun to users switching ranks on the chat once in a while.

Perhaps you can type /rr main to become main owner again into the chat.

• Angelo changed the title to Group power (rankself)