What does it mean to be a Volunteer "Emeriti"?

TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members

I'd like to ask, what does the title "Volunteer Emeriti" really mean, because some volunteers have the title while some don't and it can be a bit confusing to the common member. Personally I think the title belongs to former volunteers who contributed glorious ideas to xat, like suggesting there should be powers in xat, stuff like that. But that's my definition. I'd like to hear your definition.

• Wiki Editors

The Volunteer Emeriti is for ex-volunteers who left in good terms with xat.

Not all previous volunteers will be added, it's meant for people who helped for a reasonable amount of time and again, left in good terms with xat.

It's dealt on a case-by-case basis. There might be other factors on why people are or are not added.

This is not confusing at all, no member of the Volunteer Emeriti group is active at the moment, so, I don't see how it would confuse people.

I'm sorry that you feel pissed because your friend isn't on the group but I don't think that bringing this over and over will change anything.

• Award 2

• Wiki Editors
4 minutes ago, Crow said:

I never knew this title existed until 5 minutes ago!

Exactly! I don't see why they keep making it a big deal at all. 

3 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

No offense but I would like a definition of the title from an official, like a mod or a volunteer, nota contributor. 

That's the official definition of the Volunteer Emeriti title. But you can wait for a Moderator or a Volunteer to reply to this topic if you wish.

• Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I'm sorry that you feel pissed because your friend isn't on the group but I don't think that bringing this over and over will change anything.

Is this directed at me? Because we are good friends?  

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Nick said:

So is this something that needs to be requested by a Volunteer to Admin? 

It doesn't seem like there are set requirements for this group yet. 

I believe it's up to the admins to decide who gets the title, but I'm curious of how does one get the title.

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Crow said:

I never knew this title existed until 5 minutes ago!

Probably because not enough people have it. The one person that does won't be active. 

• Wiki Editors
25 minutes ago, Christina said:

Is this directed at me? Because we are good friends?  

Sorry if you felt offended or anything. I have only mentioned you because Tinker has also created a topic that was entirely about you, I'm not going to get in details because I don't want to lead to more drama. You can message me or ask him privately about the topic's content.

You as a former Volunteer might understand that it's not nice to be pointing users out on here where everybody can see (like he did). You may not have been able to see the topic because it was removed.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, TinkerDoodle said:

No offense but I would like a definition of the title from an official, like a mod or a volunteer, not a contributor. 

Google it... it has an actual meaning, and it is what Arthur said.

That's what it means, that's how it's being used here, that's what it is... a volunteer or mod or admin would tell you the exact same thing.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Arthur said:

I'd love to know how you'd feel after putting 7 years of your life in a site and have your colleagues completely betray you and completely forget everything you've done for them and for the site. But this is a topic best left untouched. 

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Google it... it has an actual meaning, and it is what Arthur said.

I'd feel more comfortable seeing an official position define what the title really means. 

• Elie locked this topic