Being logged out

Solange

Question

• Advanced Members

Hello,

I'm opening this thread to know if someone is experiencing the same issue as me and to know if someone can provide a solution for this issue.

As the title says, I'm being logged out all the time! I log in, then I go to a chat and after some minutes when I go to another chat I appear as a toon. And no, I'm not using the incognito mode. And yes, I'm allowing xat to store information on my computer. And if someone wants to know which browser I'm using, I'm using Chrome.

I hope someone can help me to solve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

8 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

Hello @Solange,

If we do not hear back from you soon regarding this issue, we may have to close this thread early due to lack of information. If you'd like, we can temporarily close this thread until you are able to get back on a desktop computer and supply us with more information regarding your issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

• Moderators

Do you use any programs to clear your browser's cookies?

Are you logging in your account in another browser/computer while using the current one?

Is your internet connection being unstable?

Is your internet static or dynamic?

Can you check the e-mail associated with your account if there's connection attempts that you don't know of?

Thank you in advance.

• Volunteers

This happens to me, but only on certain connections. I think it really depends on your connection -- some connections change your IP too frequently which leads to you being logged out and having to login again. If you're using a dynamic IP,  that is likely why this is happening. If you're connected to something like a school wifi or hotel wifi, being logged out is a common occurrence. 

As for a solution, if you believe it has to do with your connection, it's really one of those things you have to deal with, unless you want to contact your ISP and have them change your settings (or figure out how to manipulate them yourself using your modem or router). 

Edited by Lemona

• Advanced Members

This can also happen when you try to login while having other chats open. Try closing ALL OPEN CHATS first, THEN try logging in again! Then when it says the login was successful, try opening a chat. If it doesn't automatically log you out, you did it!

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Angelo said:

Hello @Solange,

If we do not hear back from you soon regarding this issue, we may have to close this thread early due to lack of information. If you'd like, we can temporarily close this thread until you are able to get back on a desktop computer and supply us with more information regarding your issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Yes, you can close this thread temporarily.