New Paid Users Feature

Distinct

• Advanced Members

I would like to suggest a new feature for paid users. Since paid users can only do a few things within the support ticket system, I think paid users should be given this feature as well.

Basically with this feature, it would allow paid users to be taken to a page where they can recover their old PC/PM conversations. This is useful to paid users because what if someone is lying to others about something you said in PC/PM that isn't true?

With this feature you can go back to that conversation and keep it as a screenshot if you wish.

Or you can just use this feature to relive your memories with past conversations you had with someone special.

Hope you all like this suggestion!

Edited by Encrypt
I updated this suggestion to be a feature instead of a power.
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

100% support. Conversations with other users in PC should be saved forever (Like facebook or another social network) and be deleted simply if the ID is sold (to save the privacy if another person buys that ID). With this you could have more proof when reporting things like scam. It would be even better to add a date in the messages.

This should not be a power, it should be added for free.

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Samuel said:

100% support. Conversations with other users in PC should be saved forever (Like facebook or another social network) and be deleted simply if the ID is sold (to save the privacy if another person buys that ID). With this you could have more proof when reporting things like scam. It would be even better to add a date in the messages.

This should not be a power, it should be added for free.

Thank you for your support! Maybe this suggestion can be a feature for paid users.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Phin said:

Why make a feature if this can already be done by client?

<screenshot includes profanity>

I apologise for any language, I found whatever I had in my imgur.

This is main chat, but it can also be done with private chats and private messages. I think this idea would be better stored in a folder on your computer, such as how the logs are shown. Can be opened in a notepad.

Not everyone has a client.

• Award 3

• Angelo changed the title to New Paid Users Feature
  • Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Phin said:

I think this idea would be better stored in a folder on your computer, such as how the logs are shown.

yes store messages on ur pc when the whole purpose that he was suggesting was for dispute purposes (toj)

if just used "to relive your memories with past conversations you had with someone special." then by all means why not just store it on your computer

but by no means should it be allowed to load messages onto the chat, there's already enough ways to fake messages as it is

1 hour ago, Encrypt said:

Not everyone has a client

everyone can get a client but yes you're correct

15 hours ago, Encrypt said:

go back to that conversation and keep it as a screenshot if you wish.

just screenshot it at the time if it's that important

and if u refresh on accident just be like "ayy lmao i refreshed whatd u say"

• Haha 2

• Advanced Members
15 hours ago, adam_ said:

You want your private conversations to be saved in a database that was previously breached?

Whatever floats your boat...

I'm sure xat has a better hosting provider now that will protect the database better than the last provider did.

If you're smart enough you shouldn't have problems protecting your account or the conversations you had.

• Advanced Members
15 hours ago, adam_ said:

You want your private conversations to be saved in a database that was previously breached?

Whatever floats your boat...

Implying they’re not already stored

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 1

• Wiki Editors

Have you ever said anything that you regret? Imagine every message that you sent in your xat lifetime becoming available to the recipients. 

Would you be happy about it considering the way your private chat history would be automatically cleaned upon refresh at the time of sending, and that you did not know your messages would eventually become available again to serve a power's purpose?

The only scenario where I can see this being implemented is if messages that were sent in the past (i.e. before the power) do not apply, and a "help-like" warning is added to private chats.

• Award 1

• Contributors

https://xat.com/privacy.html

According to the xat privacy policy:

Data is collected when you use the service (e.g. create an account, make a purchase, send messages, create a ticket or send xat an email). The following data may be collected:

Accounts (including payment details but not financial data)

xat group information

Preferences

Messages sent on the service

Log files of interactions with the service and servers (including IP addresses)

Tickets and E-mails

Edited by Sergio
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Arthur said:

Have you ever said anything that you regret? Imagine every message that you sent in your xat lifetime becoming available to the recipients. 

Would you be happy about it considering the way your private chat history would be automatically cleaned upon refresh at the time of sending, and that you did not know your messages would eventually become available again to serve a power's purpose?

The only scenario where I can see this being implemented is if messages that were sent in the past (i.e. before the power) do not apply, and a "help-like" warning is added to private chats.

Thank you for your point. I just think this feature would be useful as users like to make fake screenshots a lot.

It happens all of the time on xat, and sometimes staff are tricked into banning an innocent user.

Edited by Encrypt

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Arthur said:

There's a line between collecting and making public. Would you agree if any of the other items in the list you posted were also made public?

I'm not sure why your conversations would be public. Only you should be able to recover them whenever you want to prove something to be false.

• Wiki Editors
1 minute ago, Encrypt said:

Thank you for your point. I just think this feature would be useful as users like to make fake screenshots a lot.

It happens all of the time on xat, and sometimes staff are tricked into banning an innocent user.

This won't stop users from faking screenshots, it would be your word against theirs. The only way to prevent unfair bans from fake screenshots is by allowing users to generate a transcription of a private chat, and use it as evidence to their reports instead of the classic way (screenshots).

• Award 1

• Contributors
5 minutes ago, Arthur said:

There's a line between collecting and making public. Would you agree if any of the other items in the list you posted were also made public?

I was just pointing out that messages are getting stored already.  Of course I wouldn't, but that's not what the "power" would be for.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 5/28/2018 at 8:23 PM, Daniel said:

Implying they’re not already stored

Private messages were not stored back when the databreach occured in a dedicated database, the only way they were stored was in the temporary log files.

Has this changed now? Maybe... aside from complying with legal bodies, I don't see any reason xat would waste space storing private messages.